Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

The "real" Fernando

I don't understand???. Every other driver does that?????

I figured you wouldn't, where's kimi or seb? Think they would have a video if they went to see him, wouldnt you?

It's part of the campaign of delusional hype that landed on the sport some years back.

Depending on who does what, it matters absolutely or it matters nothing at all.

Things get particularly bizarre when what is screamed as unquestionably true never happened and what is desperately hidden is on the record.

What credibility does that hold after winning 4titles on the trot and been beaten by basically a rookie team mate who takes three wins to the 4x champs 0. This season prooved to me, Vettel was only so dominant because of his car. Average car, turns into a man struggling to stay in the top 5. And 9/10 times when Vettel finished Behind ricciardo, it's because ricciardo passed him on the circuit. That's gotta hurt. My opinion so yeah.

Ohh where was kimi this season? Don't tell me he is STILL trying to get used to the car. When will people accept that some of these drivers, arnt as good as they hoped? This season prooves that in droves.

What credibility does that hold after winning 4titles on the trot and been beaten by basically a rookie team mate who takes three wins to the 4x champs 0. This season prooved to me, Vettel was only so dominant because of his car. Average car, turns into a man struggling to stay in the top 5. And 9/10 times when Vettel finished Behind ricciardo, it's because ricciardo passed him on the circuit. That's gotta hurt. My opinion so yeah.

Ohh where was kimi this season? Don't tell me he is STILL trying to get used to the car. When will people accept that some of these drivers, arnt as good as they hoped? This season prooves that in droves.

Every driver gets beaten if they stay in F1 long enough, it's how they accept that defeat that make egotistical drivers stronger. But this comradie born from the fact of constantly being beaten heheheheehehe, man... funny.

Surely a great gesture by Alonso, I'm not disputing, but he must have been aware of the camera following his every move, I mean it's right up their noses heheheheheeheheeh

Don't forget even Alonso got beaten by a young rookie one year, and we all still think he's the greatest thing since sliced bread.

It'll be interesting to see how Vettel fares next year.

Every driver gets beaten if they stay in F1 long enough, it's how they accept that defeat that make egotistical drivers stronger. But this comradie born from the fact of constantly being beaten heheheheehehe, man... funny.

Surely a great gesture by Alonso, I'm not disputing, but he must have been aware of the camera following his every move, I mean it's right up their noses heheheheheeheheeh

I totally understand and agree but Vettel's circumstance is different though. Since the regs changed in 2009 he has had the best car 4 out 5 seasons and won 4 titles. Now the cars are different and he is struggling to adapt. Very same scenario as when Schumi returned. In the meantime, others that made the switch with les hiccups tend to benifit and drivers like seb find themselves behind. As they find there feet, the others have improved more so and that's what I think happened with Vettel this year. We saw glimpses of sebs pace this year, but only when his rb was hooked up on rails. And that's the conclusion I draw in his success, his car was on rails and totally different to webbers. There's a video of the Singapore gp one year and sebs car sounds like its running some TC or something as it sounds totally different to every other car, even webbers. I don't take nothing away from seb, it's just at this point he seems like he can only win in one type of car and that's the 09-13 spec f1 cars. The new era, he is struggling with so I see seb as the master of the 09-13 era, he has alot to proove in this era now after this poor season by his standards.

You guys are something else.

Here comes again the mantra of Alonso being beaten by a rookie... a measure of "beaten" indeed comparable to what has happened to Vettel or, to my chagrin, Kimi this year. Indeed, a measure of "beaten" that in fact applies to... not one instance in the history of any sport, including F1, and including Alonso.

But that's exactly the point I made earlier. What has never happened is screamed as absolutely true while what is on the record is hidden with desperation.

The irony is that, in the end, the delusion is working against you lot. You are making stronger the driver you hate and weaker the drivers you worship.

How can there by any complains about the state of F1 when the viewers (not fans in any way whatsoever) have such low standards?

Viewers don't care if Vettel ultimately sucks. Viewers want a soap opera where the hero "beats" (see definition of "beaten" above) the bad guy again and again no matter how fictional the setup.

And Ecclestone delivers.

You guys are something else.

Here comes again the mantra of Alonso being beaten by a rookie... a measure of "beaten" indeed comparable to what has happened to Vettel or, to my chagrin, Kimi this year. Indeed, a measure of "beaten" that in fact applies to... not one instance in the history of any sport, including F1, and including Alonso.

But that's exactly the point I made earlier. What has never happened is screamed as absolutely true while what is on the record is hidden with desperation.

The irony is that, in the end, the delusion is working against you lot. You are making stronger the driver you hate and weaker the drivers you worship.

How can there by any complains about the state of F1 when the viewers (not fans in any way whatsoever) have such low standards?

Viewers don't care if Vettel ultimately sucks. Viewers want a soap opera where the hero "beats" (see definition of "beaten" above) the bad guy again and again no matter how fictional the setup.

And Ecclestone delivers.

wtf%20(2).gif

I think Alonso admires Lewis more for having the courage to jump ship when he did and not hang around until it was too late. While Alonso may bang on about his love for Ferrari (yawn), Lewis was a complete product of Mclaren, so telling them that they were not good enough for his ambitions, actually took some balls. I still find it hard to understand how a driver of Alonso's abilities has found himself in a cul-de-sac at this point in his career.

@Maure - So Alonso wasn't beaten by Lewis in 2007? I know they tied on points, so I guess you could call it a draw. I'm not that interested in the back-room politics or the fact that Ron was sleeping in Lewis's bed all season, the same happened with Mika and DC.

I don't agree with favouritism of course, but I watched every race in 2007 and in many of them, Lewis had the upper hand, albeit only just. In many of them Alonso did, although I do recall on 1 occasion he tried to gain that upper hand by blocking Lewis in the pits.

Anyhow I don't hate Alonso and the comparison to Vettel/Ricciardo isn't great admittedly, but I just wanted to convey the point that Vettel doesn't suck simply because he was outperformed by Ricciardo this year, by reminding my learned friend of 2007 where even the grand master was beaten on occasion by a newbie and still came out the other end with a sky-high reputation, that's all. Main point being let's not write off Vettel just yet.

How much longer you want to give him Jem? And kimi for that fact. The issue is, if it wasn't a high profile driver like kimi or seb, they would have been heavily under the spotlight to perform, possibly even axed. That's how I see it, yeah they earn extra "breathing" room in that sense due to there success but at what time do we as fans or viewers of the sport draw the line? I did when Vettel consistantly said he had issues with his chassis and they replace it and it didnt help him at all, 3-4 times they did this I Beleive. As for kimi, it's the "not used to the car" story. Can't tell me alonso was either, he just found away around it, just like ricciardo. The thing is, if seb or kimi are up there again next year, people will jump and say all sorts of things, looking past the car, which could very well be what elevates them again. See my point?

I still find it hard to understand how a driver of Alonso's abilities has found himself in a cul-de-sac at this point in his career.

There is something in that, all right.

@Maure - So Alonso wasn't beaten by Lewis in 2007? I know they tied on points, so I guess you could call it a draw. I'm not that interested in the back-room politics or the fact that Ron was sleeping in Lewis's bed all season, the same happened with Mika and DC.

I don't agree with favouritism of course, but I watched every race in 2007 and in many of them, Lewis had the upper hand, albeit only just. In many of them Alonso did, although I do recall on 1 occasion he tried to gain that upper hand by blocking Lewis in the pits.

Anyhow I don't hate Alonso and the comparison to Vettel/Ricciardo isn't great admittedly, but I just wanted to convey the point that Vettel doesn't suck simply because he was outperformed by Ricciardo this year, by reminding my learned friend of 2007 where even the grand master was beaten on occasion by a newbie and still came out the other end with a sky-high reputation, that's all. Main point being let's not write off Vettel just yet.

You keep making things up, here and there.

And you are forgetting to factor in lack of fair play, a huge issue in general, a critical issue in 2007.

You keep making things up, here and there.

And you are forgetting to factor in lack of fair play, a huge issue in general, a critical issue in 2007.

Which bit(s) did I make up? Please clarify. Are you talking about Hungary and the pit-blocking?

I did mention the issue of fair play, albeit only to say I don't buy it as an excuse, and it reminded me of DC's situation at mclaren, and no-one ever gave him that excuse.

After watching Alonso's documentary i understand his praising of his family and close friends! He says in documentary that he doesn't feel that people around him at race track are honest, that most of them are acting! So he keeps that people in who he has trust close to him!

I can't imagine his situation at Mclaren 2007.

That must have been weird!

Which bit(s) did I make up? Please clarify. Are you talking about Hungary and the pit-blocking?

I did mention the issue of fair play, albeit only to say I don't buy it as an excuse, and it reminded me of DC's situation at mclaren, and no-one ever gave him that excuse.

McLaren was also penalized in Hungary. Were they too blocking Hamilton?

Moreover, RD went on the record at the time to explain that the hold up was not Alonso's fault and that the team had held him up intentionally.

There is more, of course. But what's the point when the haters' objective, again and again, year after year, relentlessly and tirelessly, is to scream certain data and avoid other?

It's just a waste of keystrokes.

Iam not saying that, maybe me and you see the world the same way if you know what iam trying to say?