Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Insider

Engines Of War

This loophole story is laughable. People get paid tons of money to scour the regs in every team. Why has it taken so long? It's a crumb from the FOM/FIA table to placate Ferrari and RBR. It puts all on the same footing - except Honda - well, for now. It would be blatantly unfair to restrict one manufacturer to pre-2015 rule interpretation just because they are the new kid on the block. What's good for the rest should be good for Honda. It will happen or they will jack, believe me. Either that or they take the pragmatic view, with regard to the murmurings about 2016 that no one builds a V10 twin turbo quite like they do.

This is all because of ferrari and redbull who think they have a permenant entitlement to have unrivalled dominance. I have to say it's a crying shame for honda (they have never built a bad turbo engine) they in my opinion they could have been the only people who could hold a candle to the mercades engine. I have to say though 2015 will be a big LOL moment for mercades. Ultimately they much better at making great engines then ferrari and renault. I can just imagine it now "Christian Horner " "winge wah wine mercades are now 2.5 seconds a lap quicker then us we're loosing 25mph down the straights instead of 5mph in 2014 "

This is a complete joke. This was supposed to help teams close the gap to merc, not merc extend the gap. Obviously Bernie knows that merc are top of the popularity table now so he'll ride that wave until it becomes a ripple.

Like I said, Honda will be allowed to develop in-season. It has to be right that we have a level playing field. The FIA will fold on this, I believe.

We havnt had a level playing field for years. Just look back, we had more smaller teams being more competitive and scoring more regular points when points were only handed out to the top six.

We havnt had a level playing field for years. Just look back, we had more smaller teams being more competitive and scoring more regular points when points were only handed out to the top six.

True. Vanwall, BRM, Brabham, Jordan, Prost, Stewart and the best of all - Tyrell.