Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

Who Has The Best Helmet?

Which driver do you think has or had the best looking helmet in your opinion?

I always liked schumis red Ferrari helmet, also alesi's 2001 chrome helmet.

Used to love Mika Hakkinen's aswell. Damon Hill was certainly unique. Do you know what his helmet design meant? Besides the obvious that it was his fathers.

That's right. It's awesome how he keeps his fathers design and that's what I hate about drivers today, especially Vettel always changing helmets. IMO the helmet is who you are and people can tell who you are. It just boggles my mind how you can't have an "emotional attachment" to something that's means so much and is very important, you know what I mean? I would have the one design my whole motor racing career, not just f1 if it was me, but that's just my opinion. Slight modifications are fine, but the overall design still has to be there and recognisable.

I agree entirely. I remember Brundle in his commentary used to mention it all the time cos he felt strongly that a design should stay with you for life. He was outraged at Eddie Irvine's total change back in 2000! He likened it to a signature.

That's correct. Irvines jaguar helmet was crap IMO. I didnt mind when Schumi changed his to red though as it was still the same pattern. But when he went to Mercedes and he slighted changed it by making if fully red and loosing the black and yellow was horrible. I thought he would revert back to his original helmet livery when he went to merc. The white design with the red,yellow,black on the back.

Here's one which is exactly the same as my helmet. Except mine has yellow trim around the barb wire instead of the red. It's a Hjc cl-sp.

$_35.JPG

Ill post my real one later as its still in the boot of my car.

It's different that's for sure. Loved Mika Hakkinen's helmet, especially the 2001 version

mika%20hakkinen%202001%20bell%20k1%20replica%20helmet%20mclaren.jpg

Totally agree that a drivers helmet design is like his or her signature and should remain for the duration of their career as their identity. I've personally kept the same design since I drew it on a piece of paper in 1989/90 with only a few modifications made over the years but the base concept has remained the same. Apart from Senna's helmet I like Berger's, Button's and Mansell's. All those designs incorporate their national flags in some way and in particular I like what Jenson has done with the Union Jack configuring his initials.

Kimi, hands down.

Also completely disagree with keeping helmets the same. I do a little bit of photoshop and once I've designed something awesome, I get sick of it quickly, time to move on to next awesome thing.

Kimi+Raikkonen+James+Hunt+helmet+for+2012+Monaco+GP+1.jpg

2012helmet-raikkonen03.jpgkimi-raikkonen.jpeg

Yeah kimis is pretty cool, loved his James hunt one but I prefer kimis helmet when at Mclaren

This one my kimi fav

d06mon1114.jpg

Always liked webbers also

webb-helm-redb-inte-2013-13.jpg

He has had the same design all career,just slightly modernised it but still a great looking lid IMO.

He is awesome, true quality and a pure racer, his move on Vettel at monza last year, salt in his wounds, awesome and he is a top bloke also. How good would it be if he really took the fight to Mercedes this year? Even better, wins aus gp next month. Booyaa

Maybe, dispite my dislike, well not dislike,just not intrested in kimi, you seem quite knowledgable and is intresting to read your posts. Yeah hasn't he been a breathe of fresh air? You know what ticks me off, how can the call Mclaren an English team when it's kiwi? Yeah I know it's owned by Englishman but a Porsche is a Porsche a Ferrari is a ferrari and there respected for there heritage dispite who ownes them, why not Mclaren?

Maybe, dispite my dislike, well not dislike,just not intrested in kimi, you seem quite knowledgable and is intresting to read your posts. Yeah hasn't he been a breathe of fresh air? You know what ticks me off, how can the call Mclaren an English team when it's kiwi? Yeah I know it's owned by Englishman but a Porsche is a Porsche a Ferrari is a ferrari and there respected for there heritage dispite who ownes them, why not Mclaren?

At least it still carries a Kiwi emblem!