Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

Your Top 5 F1 Drivers Of All Time.

Whats your list and why?

Here's mine

1- Senna

2- Schumacher

3- Fangio

4- Clark

5- Prost

I have to go with senna as the greatest just by his sheer outright speed and natural talent. Could drive a car around Monaco like it was a train on tracks. Schumacher next for his tenacity to win at all costs and the way he could make a race strategy pay off. Fangio for his ability to win driving whatever car,Clark for his winning percentage and clean,flawless and amazingly fast technique and Prost for his smooth driving style. Whats your list guys?

lol, but they were all great drivers but

Oh absolutly, I don't think jack brabham gets no where near the respect he deserves. To build a car and win with the same car bearing your name, never will be done ever again. If we went of your list, id place brabham ahead of jones.

I just love AJ that's the only reason y, raced with guts, and bravery, Jacks achievements in Australia does not get the recognition it deserves, all anyone is worried about is a performance by big G.I in the state of origin and his known in this country as a sporting legend, but no one gives a rats a## about black jack, even a horse gets more recognition in this country (Phar Lap) poor Jack

I just love AJ that's the only reason y, raced with guts, and bravery, Jacks achievements in Australia does not get the recognition it deserves, all anyone is worried about is a performance by big G.I in the state of origin and his known in this country as a sporting legend, but no one gives a rats a## about black jack, even a horse gets more recognition in this country (Phar Lap) poor Jack

Your dead right there buddy, the problem with Australia, if you don't like cricket or football. No one wants to know ya.

Everyone likes the tennis for the 1st 2 weeks of the year, n that's it, if u think of motor sport u think of Peter Brock or Craig Lowndes, no one ever thinks of what mark webber or Daniel ricciardo or even Marcos Ambrose went through with all their personal sacrifice to get the careers that they gorged

That's right, I don't mind v8s but it lacks something I can't put my finger on. I think the 2l British touring cars are more entertaining IMO. You watch all the people jump on the bandwagon though if ricciardo ever wins a championship, they'll act so proud as if the followed his every move. Sad in a way, I can't stand band wagoners.

Remember how much attention Mark Webber got at the 2010 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix? When he was fighting for the title? The next day no one was praising how well he did throughout the year, or when he won the 09 European Grand Prix, it was the last headline in national 9 news, 1st Aussie to win a race since Las Vegas 1981, look at the soccer now, how much it's kicked off in the last 10 years, it was a dying sport 10 years ago, and now all people talk about in western Sydney is about the wanderers, I'd rather watch grass grow than watch a soccer match, ummm jem, were only mad on the rugby when Australia is doing well

Remember how much attention Mark Webber got at the 2010 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix? When he was fighting for the title? The next day no one was praising how well he did throughout the year, or when he won the 09 European Grand Prix, it was the last headline in national 9 news, 1st Aussie to win a race since Las Vegas 1981, look at the soccer now, how much it's kicked off in the last 10 years, it was a dying sport 10 years ago, and now all people talk about in western Sydney is about the wanderers, I'd rather watch grass grow than watch a soccer match, ummm jem, were only mad on the rugby when Australia is doing well

Yeah exactly. Although I told my mates at work in 2009 that webber would win his first race that year and they all laughed at me, but when he did they were like "man you were so right you should have put some money on him" then all of a sudden these guys become temporary webber fans in 2010 but come 2011, no where to be seen.

It's like asking who you would pick in a heavy weight title fight and saying you won't make your mind up until someone has a clear advantage.

Here's mine and why (to me at least)

1. Senna - (Best outright racer)

2. Mika - (Simply the fastest when it all went well)

3. Schumi - (Best all round package)

4. Stewart - (first driver to care about safety)

5. Fangio - (all you can do is beat those around you, and he easily did)

This is not my list of best drivers, just favs.

Yeah I used to like Mika hakkinen aswell and Stewart really pushed to make changes to the sport.

1. Fernando Alonso ( Complete driver)

2.Jenson Button( awesome talent, never had the best car.when he had a best car he proved his worth. Deserves more championships, unlucky i would say)

3. Lewis Hamilton( Outright pace)

4. Sebastian Vettel ( Anyone could have won those championships with that car. Never panicked when alonso was chasing him three times)

5. Michael Schumacher ( 7 titles does not come easy)

Started watching F1 from 2004, that justifies the above list.

Lol you crack me up. There's only one kimi that iam aware of or did they clone him 4x lmao. Bet your good at fishing hey?

That makes two of us. Makes me wonder if the fish swim by the hook and go "yeah that really looks like a small fish I would like to eat" only the dumb ones get caught.

Ahh dw bro he is only joking, likes stirring the pot abit. He knows deep down that alonso is that good, he towed kimi around last year and still finished over 100 points ahead. 4 gp wins worth of points ahead as a matter of fact.

In the History of F1 only two drivers ever have joined Ferrari and become world champion in their first season. That to me is an awesome achievement and one that deserves a place on the top 5 list. The first to achieve this was Fangio, would anybody here like to guess who the second was?