Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

Your Top 5 F1 Drivers Of All Time.

You talking about the title handed to him on a plate due to Mclaren's poor management skills? The same driver that got beaten by a teammate that got thrashed by alonso and then got thrashed by alonso himself. Driving a car still rich of Schumi style development. What an achievement.

Welcome to the forum KimiAre!

Webric I fear it may be hypocritical to give Schuey credit for developing the Ferrari given our views on car development these past few weeks!

I don't think any title is gifted, he was there to capitalise; it'd be like saying Dan was gifted his 3 wins last year. I do agree that McLaren threw it away though, that title was Lewis's for the taking

Yeah but that situation is different as quite a few staff remained at Ferrari at the time, fact of the matter is, kimi since had failed to build a championship campaign. He is what mark webber was, a half way man.

I dunno I still think that's a bit harsh - he was close to WDC's in 2003 and 2005 as well. He's not up there with the greats but I rate him just as highly as several other 1-time champs

Ohh I think he is very talent and on his day is very hard to beat. We saw classic kimi in Bahrain, why can't he drive like that all the time? If he did he wouldn't have gotten thumped last season. His days are to far apart if you know what I mean but when he is on, he's on.

Well he's gona have to keep it up or he'll be out of a job. Arrivabene was not ambiguous at all on the weekend when asked about it, the message is clear - prove to Ferrari that you're worth keeping, and you'll be kept

In all honesty though who is a better driver available? That's whats got me thinking Ferrari is waiting on what Hamilton does or maybe even waiting to see what ricciardo does but i thought he has a contract until the end of 2017, maybe there planning a buy out similar to jenson and benetton back in the day or dan may even have a performance clause, who knows. Unless there is someone else there intrested in but who? I think bianchi would have had a darn good chance if that tradgedy didnt happen. Dan would have to be on alot of teams radar as IMO he is coping with the crap car quite well and still holding his trademark grin he is literally giving 110% everytime he is out there, just a shame the car is only good for the bottom end of the top 10.

You talking about the title handed to him on a plate due to Mclaren's poor management skills? The same driver that got beaten by a teammate that got thrashed by alonso and then got thrashed by alonso himself. Driving a car still rich of Schumi style development. What an achievement.

You always nail it to the bone! :D

1 Senna

2 Clark

3 Schumacher

4 Mansell

5 Prost

That was hard with Jochen Rindt, Mike Hawthorn, Jackie Stewart and Fangio on my all time list too. Since Senna's untimely death, only Schumacher and Hamilton classify as 'exceptional' in my book and yes, I am discounting Vettel's four WDC and Alonso. Kimi and Mika are and were super fast but it takes more than that to achieve greatness. That's my sixpenny worth anyway.

Insider you know I always value your info immensely but I can't help but to ask, how on earth you could place Prost ahead of Schumacher? Clark and senna I can agree on but Prost? No way, he had to jump into the best car on the grid (Williams 93) in order to beat senna and even then when senna was towards the front Prost hard a hard time beating him. I can't help but to feel Prost was fraudulent towards his own success, multiple times relying on his tightness with ballestre to turn things in favor of him. But it's your list and I respect your choices.

Insider you know I always value your info immensely but I can't help but to ask, how on earth you could place Prost ahead of Schumacher? Clark and senna I can agree on but Prost? No way, he had to jump into the best car on the grid (Williams 93) in order to beat senna and even then when senna was towards the front Prost hard a hard time beating him. I can't help but to feel Prost was fraudulent towards his own success, multiple times relying on his tightness with ballestre to turn things in favor of him. But it's your list and I respect your choices.

Mistake from me. Prost was fifth.

Top 5 drivers of all time?

1) My late father :)

2) The taxi driver in Sao Paolo who at 5 a.m. drove me from one side of the city to the other at 70 mph, only feathering the throttle slightly for red lights...

3) None of the taxi drivers in Paris

3) again Sir Malcolm Campbell http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malcolm_Campbell

4) Giacomo Agostoni http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giacomo_Agostini

5) This guy

Agostini was good because he bike was so much faster than everyone else's, by the end of the first lap he would be leading by like 5 seconds. I have an elderly Dutch friend who has seen agostini ride a number of times although he said he was good, the bike played a major role in his success. Ken block,meh, couldn't even break the top 10 in wrc so IMO there is much better rally drivers than this guy, but it your choice and I respect that. As for your father,please give some details if you don't mind as iam curious.