Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

Who's The Best In F1 Today?

Well with alonso he was with Renault since 2002 and helped push that team up towards the front. He would have won a third title in a row in 2007 if Mclaren sorted there crap out and Raikkonen still to this day wouldn't have a title, so it makes him look more like David coulthard or on that level. I agree with your comment on Hamilton, he hasn't driven like he has in 2007, that for me was his greatest year, if only he went on to develop the way he came in then would have been unstoppable. People fail to see drivers like ricciardo and alonso as drivers that could drive anything, there so so consistantly up the front they can't even imagine otherwise. Alonso will drive the wheels of this Mclaren also, he does it to what ever car he drives and with incredible control I must add and that's the single trait that puts him head and shoulders above the rest and that's just simple car control.

Yep. And consistent car control. That's a guy that can clock some two dozen consecutive qualifying-type laps during a race. His qualifying laps, of course. There are drivers, a handful, that do better... over one lap.

Also hardly ever makes mistakes. If there is an error 9 out of 10 times something went wrong with the car or he was hit, hardly ever his own fault.

All true.

Still, it is evidently a "compared to" situation. Like I said earlier and possibly a few times already. Alonso is not one of the greats, imo. He's simply far above the current field... but, again, only because the current field is falling behind.

That's why Ricciardo matters so much. There is a huge, huge gap to fill.

Just imagine the "historic" four years of Vettel without Alonso. How could a true racing fan want that kind of parade? If at least Vettel had not had the best car by far...

It's interesting how little the haters think things through.

First, if we (you and I) were biased towards Alonso (like they evidently are towards their idols), we would speak ill of those that can actually beat him fair and square, without hype, without media pressure, without race fixing, just beating him on track. At this point, this means Ricciardo alone, potentially, and not only we don't speak ill of him, we in fact want him to beat Alonso.

Second, they would also want Ricciardo to crush Kvyat for otherwise it would mean that not only Ricciardo can race Vettel into ridicule but, by extension, also would Kvyat.

And, yet, the haters want the only drivers that are actually performing to fail at the hands of worse drivers... and for what? Not for racing reasons, that's obvious.

...Alonso, for instance, is still being harassed today because he finished 1 point behind...

Not even 1 point behind. Both Hamilton and Alonso got the same amount of points.

The rest of your posts and WebRic's I agree almost 100%. Ricciardo is a refresh for F1 but not enough to turn a dull championship into a great one I'm afraid. But ok, we'll see in a few races how things are going.

But going if the others, where all wrong, didnt you read that bit lol?

Lmao yeah that's the one. Meant to say that anyone who doesn't side with the "Raikkonen is the best" team is incorrect.