Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

For Those Who Think Fernando Is Average

Yeah but that's the past mate. If he even came close to alonso last year, then maybe ill agree with you but he was so far behind that people are now saying what me and Jem have been saying for a while now. He has to do well this year he has no option, he is on a rapid decline and one or two good results won't help him. He needs to string the whole season together. Your also basing kimi and Massa of a car the was developed by Schumi and still had previous knowledge flowing through the chassis plus Schumi still had a strong say on car development even when he wasn't driving. Didnt you ever see him on the Ferrari pitwall with the head gear on. As for alonso and ricciardo, they won't get beaten as they have both already beaten two of the sports biggest names by massive margins. As for the 2003 season, Schumi had a string of bad luck towards the middle of the season, failures,people crashing into him and this allowed kimi to close the gap in the points. Heck once Schumi got back on track, he needed to only finish 8th at Suzuka to win the title, the furthest position back ever that Schumi won a title from. You also say we can't read the stories we find and such as its hard to Beleive yet links you find don't fall into that category and why is that. Look every team would pick alonso over kimi hands down everytime. They know the truth and they know who they need to get the most out of the car.

I thought this 5 year old article was rather hilarious. Domenically talking about how much better Alonso would be at steering the team and developing the car. Worked out well for them eh? lol

"Ferrari team principal Stefano Domenicali has shed a little more light on the decision to drop Kimi Raikkonen and hire Fernando Alonso, saying that Alonso is a better development driver, more in the mould of Michael Schumacher and that is what the team needs."

http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2009/12/alonso-is-better-at-development-than-raikkonen-says-ferrari-boss/

Oh, but of course we all know the driver has nothing to do with development!!!!! NOT!

Of course they do but only set up wise and what they think needs and should be done. Doesn't mean it will happen that way. So if it doesn't you have to drive around the issue and that's something alonso did day in day out. Driver isn't responsible on suspension development or aero development all they do is shed some light into how the car is working. That's all.

Interesting thread. Good reads thankx to WebRic, Maure, Jem, DPR and good laughs with the help of some others.

Thank you all!

Of course I'm still an Alonso supporter. He's among the best, probably ahead of most drivers. From a country with little F1 tradition he achieved a great record and hopefully he can still fight for a third title this season or the next one.

Something we say in Spain: ladran luego cabalgamos, Sancho.

Interesting thread. Good reads thankx to WebRic, Maure, Jem, DPR and good laughs with the help of some others.

Thank you all!

Of course I'm still an Alonso supporter. He's among the best, probably ahead of most drivers. From a country with little F1 tradition he achieved a great record and hopefully he can still fight for a third title this season or the next one.

Something we say in Spain: ladran luego cabalgamos, Sancho.

Let me give you a few more laughs, is this true???

"in the Basque and Catalan regions of Spain, Alonso is widely hated and ridiculed. They call him Lloronso, meaning cry baby due to his whining and posturing."

Let me give you a few more laughs, is this true???

"in the Basque and Catalan regions of Spain, Alonso is widely hated and ridiculed. They call him Lloronso, meaning cry baby due to his whining and posturing."

Yes and no. Alonso isn't widely hated anywhere in Spain. Some people from South, North, East or West simply don't like him. It's about the same for Kimi in Finland or for Vettel in Germany. Lloronso is a word that maybe knows 1% of Spanish population, most of them are 14 year old schoolboys wasting their life behind a computer.

Yes and no. Alonso isn't widely hated anywhere in Spain. Some people from South, North, East or West simply don't like him. It's about the same for Kimi in Finland or for Vettel in Germany. Lloronso is a word that maybe knows 1% of Spanish population, most of them are 14 year old schoolboys wasting their life behind a computer.

So there is SOME truth to that random statement from a poster on JA. I thought it really strange considering the support Alonso always gets at Spanish racetracks etc

It's the same everywhere but, there are Aussies who don't like mark webber but go for Raikkonen or Vettel. Man I have a mark webber Infiniti Redbull hat and one guy said to me once that I should be wearing vettel's and this guy was Aussie as me, no loyalty anywhere these days.

Yeah well he is turning into someone very hard to beat. Yeah his car is head and shoulders above the rest but nico isn't a splash in the pond he has prooven his worth and he simply got out driven in Australia.

Literally everyone in UK thinks Lewis Hamilton is a total douche.

Douche or not, I honestly think you should just keep quiet of drivers and their performances this year, cause the way that Hamilton cleverly did his talking on-track spoke volumes of his intelligence. I've never ever seen any driver take the mickey out of a teammate like he did. Ever! It makes everyone look like fools. Or maybe Nico should just stop praising his teammate's performances and post another pic trying to decypher Lewis' telemetry after everyone has left the track at night.

Now I've just defended your countryman. If you're looking for a real douche go no further than Alonso, he makes Hamilton look lame by comparison.

No wait, maybe because his black. Man, I even had to go THERE

Douche or not, I honestly think you should just keep quiet of drivers and their performances this year, cause the way that Hamilton cleverly did his talking on-track spoke volumes of his intelligence. I've never ever seen any driver take the mickey out of a teammate like he did. Ever! It makes everyone look like fools. Or maybe Nico should just stop praising his teammate's performances and post another pic trying to decypher Lewis' telemetry after everyone has left the track at night.

Now I've just defended your countryman. If you're looking for a real douche go no further than Alonso, he makes Hamilton look lame by comparison.

No wait, maybe because his black. Man, I even had to go THERE

Don't you remember how Vettel got along with webber? Remember turkey 2010? Which was clearly sebs fault yet he called mark every name under the sun on the radio and even said he was going home. Just like a child who didnt get his own way, taking his bat and ball and went home.

Don't you remember how Vettel got along with webber? Remember turkey 2010? Which was clearly sebs fault yet he called mark every name under the sun on the radio and even said he was going home. Just like a child who didnt get his own way, taking his bat and ball and went home.

Are you talking about Webber barking team orders then expecting exactly the same... Or Whitmarsh labelling Vettel "crash kid"then Seb goes on winning the title, youngest world champ ever.

Turkey's abit of a grey area, I think Webber was at fault moving over to the left... so yeah, maybe he deserved the names and crazy head-signs

Total bs, it all started at silverstone 2010 when Vettel smashed his new wing so they ripped the new one of webbers car, yet webber went on to win the race. Turkey 2010 webber gave seb more than enough room and not to mention was on the racing line as you naturally exit the previous corner. Don't forget it wasn't till last year the rule came in that you must give a cars width so mark could've slammed the door in his face if he wanted to by pulling right to the left of the circuit which IMO is what seb would've done if the roles were reversed. I've watched that incident over 100 times I rekon, trying to find where exactly webber is supposidely at fault. Can't see it anywhere, sebs fault he tried to snap infront of mark, if he wasnt trying to be an a hole, he would've got the move by just holding the inside line into the next corner. Simple as that.

I'm glad Lewis is winning cos he deserves to be but he seems to spend all his personal time having professional photos taken of himself (not topless websric), his facebook page is a constant barrage of photos of him looking pensive, or reflecting or whatever. Hence, douche.

The 'bad lewis' of old is long gone. Nico seems to have accepted defeat already this year, saying more than once that lewis drove like a champion & "hopefully I can beat him".

Turkey 2010 was Seb's fault IMO. A few races later he then clumsily ploughed into Button wiping them both out too

I'm glad Lewis is winning cos he deserves to be but he seems to spend all his personal time having professional photos taken of himself (not topless websric), his facebook page is a constant barrage of photos of him looking pensive, or reflecting or whatever. Hence, douche.

The 'bad lewis' of old is long gone. Nico seems to have accepted defeat already this year, saying more than once that lewis drove like a champion & "hopefully I can beat him".

Turkey 2010 was Seb's fault IMO. A few races later he then clumsily ploughed into Button wiping them both out too

darn. this smartphone! Sorry. double post

Yeah that's correct.

Yeah but he clawed his way into second in the standings in a car not as well suited as the Redbull.

Yeah but he clawed his way into second in the standings in a car not as well suited as the Redbull.

yep a car .3 s off the pace. With his infamous .6s to the mix, he should've walked it!

Yeah well it obviously helped, since in Raikkonen fans view Massa is a bloody good driver since he beat raikkonen aswell, the difference between alonso and Massa shows you your 0.9 of a second mate. Wasn't that hard to work it out or find it. Just Raikkonen fans obviously still bitter over Massa and alonso beating there favourite that they can't even see whats happening right infront of them.

Raikkonen fans watching f1 : boy-covering-eyes.jpg