Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

Australian Grand Prix

Well fp1 starts in about ten minutes so iam just about to sit down. Well it's finally here and iam sure we will have plenty to talk about very very shortly. Go Dan!!!!!!

Sheer disappointment straight of the bat, another lie from Ron Dennis. The Mclaren HAS NOT changed its livery. Dissappionted, he made it clear about a month ago that they will have a new livery by the first race.

Ohh and no van der Garde either. Sauber running Nasr and Ericsson.

Good news for everyone, the cars sound a hell of alot better, twice as loud as last season.

What changed to make the cars louder?

Also BREAKING NEWS: Alonso IS driving this weekend. He just completed the installation lap, came in and gave some development/setup feedback to his team and they made the requested changes. When he went to drive back out of the garage he accelerated and the car went backwards through the rear wall of the garage and into the lake.

Untitled_1.jpg

Well the first session of the season is over and what do we now know? Nothing. We knew Mercedes were still the ones to beat and they are well and truly ahead, Williams also look good as do Ferrari and Redbull seem to be suffering handling issues, Mclaren and lotus look quite handy also. But it's still to early to say who will be second best and so on, circuit still has to rubber in before everyone finds there feet and gets alot faster but Mercedes it doesn't matter if the circuit is rubbered in or not, there just way to fast. Sauber nor Manor completed a single lap in that session with either of there two cars.

@ at spiral. Lol that Mclaren is huge, must be to house all that talent and skill lol. Maybe they need them that size at Ferrari so Vettel and Raikkonen can get there big heads in. Always wondered how they get a shirt over there heads lol.

Far out channel 10's coverage SUCKS!!!!!!!!!i think the shiela on the desk has no idea about the sport, comes across as a deadset airhead, and the have that Qantas lounge, where they pick a winner out of a helmet and the B grade celebrity does not have a clue which driver they picked out of the helmet, maybe going on foxtel was a good thing maybe

It's always been like that. It's an outright joke. The people who host it aside from AJ have no clue of f1. Last year vetinarian Chris Brown hosted it and he couldn't even pronounce Bottas correctly. Yep it stunk, just glad we saw the cars on track again.

AJ is pretty good, as is mark, but that qantas lounge does my head in, each n every year, it gets worse n worse, that's my rant for the day lol

Lol, fair enough, cars sound better hey? I still think Redbull haven't shown there full potential yet, they should sort there handling issues out, things should start evening out abit more in FP2.

Session 2 starts in 50mins. Young Verstappen won't have an issue fitting into f1 IMO, quite handy behind the wheel, dead even with sainz.

TENs coverage has always been total Shizen. Commentators that know bugger all, faux celebrities. I tuned in at one point and they are talking to some moron about AFL for Pete's sake wtf!

TENs coverage has always been total Shizen. Commentators that know bugger all, faux celebrities. I tuned in at one point and they are talking to some moron about AFL for Pete's sake wtf!

Yeah so true, if you don't like footy or cricket, they have no time for it and it shows in the lack of enthusiasm and knowledge. p**s poor effort.

What changed to make the cars louder?

Also BREAKING NEWS: Alonso IS driving this weekend. He just completed the installation lap, came in and gave some development/setup feedback to his team and they made the requested changes. When he went to drive back out of the garage he accelerated and the car went backwards through the rear wall of the garage and into the lake.

Untitled_1.jpg

roll.gif

Alonso was seen earlier running of with mark webber, would explain why webber wasn't in the commentary box today either, lol

15z08x4.jpg

Renault engine is causing a lot of trouble to Red Bull. Merc PU is still ahead by a mile. Williams' didn't look that great though. Ferrari's really much stronger than last year. No comments about Honda's.

It's all about engines. Red Bull might be the best car, or McLaren or Ferrari, but no engine no racing. I'm afraid Mercedes didn't show 80% of their real pace. Get ready for a Hamilton vs Rosberg championship, I can't see Rosberg competing against Hamilton on a 20-race season.

Well rumor has it that the Honda engine is the only engine capable of matching the Mercedes and wind tunnel test have prooven aerodynamically that this Mclaren is the best ever. Only time will tell. I must say though as much as I hate vettel, he has made the transition to Ferrari beutifully. Imediatly looks quite comfortable.