Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

Australian Grand Prix

Just a walk in the park wasnt it? Williams and Ferrari look quite good. Very suprised by the toro rosso's and ricciardo did the best he could but the gap is just to much. Tomorrow merc will run away and it will be a fight between Williams Ferrari and Redbull.

So now Mercedes can adjust Williams engine to balance a second-tier championship against Ferrari? For the good of the sport, and the business of course.

So now Mercedes can adjust Williams engine to balance a second-tier championship against Ferrari? For the good of the sport, and the business of course.

Yep you got it. Renault have fallen further back after making claims that they have closed the gap to Mercedes which is bs. On top of that are expressing an interest in running a full time team again. How can they even comprehend that when they should be focusing at providing there sole customer now with a competitive package. Time for Redbull to shop around IMO. The Redbull today looked a handful which IMO I think they set the car up for this new wing that they were supposed to use that just made it to Australia in time for yesterday's practice only to fail crash regulations. Car looks awful daniel had to slap the Sh#t out if it to get it going. Slowest in speed trap, time to think about a new supplier IMHO. As Adrian newey has been reported to have had much more influence on this car than first expected so if that's the case, aero isn't the issue, it's just the power plant and bad luck on setup choice, the mid corner speed is still there so I aiming more to a "gamble" setup for this new wing as kvyat's car is responding the same so he would have used the same data. All I say is atleast there will be more race winners this season as it looks like Ferrari Williams and Redbull are very close, toro rosso have the pace also.

Predictable and boring quali. Sainz the driver to watch for me and Nasr a revelation. Ferrari fodder if ever there was. Inexcusable performance from McHonda. Engine is clearly underpowered. There is something terribly wrong there. The fact that the design allows downforce adjustments without compromising drivability is very welcome for a touch driver like JB but no substitute for raw power. Maybe next year? Should think Alonso is thinking about taking the rest of this one off. What are Renault doing? Come on Audi - time to slide in.

Just a walk in the park wasnt it? Williams and Ferrari look quite good. Very suprised by the toro rosso's and ricciardo did the best he could but the gap is just to much. Tomorrow merc will run away and it will be a fight between Williams Ferrari and Redbull.

Red Bull won't be able to fight against Ferrari and Williams. A driver like Ricciardo might compensate a chassis problem but HP is a different matter. Only Renault can solve that kind of problems.I'd say Toro Rosso is stronger than Red Bull ATM but it's been a good start for Sainz no doubt.

Red Bull won't be able to fight against Ferrari and Williams. A driver like Ricciardo might compensate a chassis problem but HP is a different matter. Only Renault can solve that kind of problems.I'd say Toro Rosso is stronger than Red Bull ATM but it's been a good start for Sainz no doubt.

Yeah that's 100% correct, I think it's more a setup issue though but still are definatly lacking hp. Sainz and Verstappen massively impressed me tbh. Bottas, still solid after a small mistake, he will win his first race this year I think.

Maybe next year? Should think Alonso is thinking about taking the rest of this one off.

I doubt Alonso is going to stay at home more than it's necessary to recover and the doctors recommends but what's the point on speeding the recovery if there's absolutely no chance to get even a single point?

I just think the whole package just isn't working well. The power is there, it's just getting everything to work together. They claim that in the wind tunnel it's the most aero dynamically advanced Mclaren ever. Could they just be in unkown territory with the aero aswell? Seems to me that Jenson wasn't he usual smooth self, always hacking at the wheel.

I just think the whole package just isn't working well. The power is there, it's just getting everything to work together. They claim that in the wind tunnel it's the most aero dynamically advanced Mclaren ever. Could they just be in unkown territory with the aero aswell? Seems to me that Jenson wasn't he usual smooth self, always hacking at the wheel.

They'll need a much better engine before they can show how good the car is. Button, Alonso... They can't add HP to that Honda Civic.

Hmm, I think the wheel 'hacking' was mostly wind problems but I am only surmising. No one, including Mercedes has built a perfect specimen of this new formula yet and it is doubtful anyone ever will. It is way to complicated for it's own good. Stuttgart have a serious HP advantage but the rest of the car doesn't always behave. I believe that if Honda get the power up they can challenged Mercedes. The basic car looked pretty good to me. As far as Alonso is concerned, I fear there is a dead dog buried somewhere in all of this. The longer the car is poor, the larger his exit clause becomes. He walked away from a much improved Ferrari and into a drawing board concept. It won't be the first time time he made a bad choice. My money is on a walk away.

Hmm, I think the wheel 'hacking' was mostly wind problems but I am only surmising. No one, including Mercedes has built a perfect specimen of this new formula yet and it is doubtful anyone ever will. It is way to complicated for it's own good. Stuttgart have a serious HP advantage but the rest of the car doesn't always behave. I believe that if Honda get the power up they can challenged Mercedes. The basic car looked pretty good to me. As far as Alonso is concerned, I fear there is a dead dog buried somewhere in all of this. The longer the car is poor, the larger his exit clause becomes. He walked away from a much improved Ferrari and into a drawing board concept. It won't be the first time time he made a bad choice. My money is on a walk away.

He did'nt walk away, he was effectly outmanouverd!!! Vettel was signed right under his nose! Read this... www.motorsportmagazine.com/f1/ferrari-in-2014/

Bah, propaganda, alonso made it pretty clear as early as 2012 that he was looking elsewhere, it was consistantly talked about. Everyone knew, that's how all this drama started at Ferrari as I believe he fell out wit montezemelo. I also Beleive fernando had a "get out" clause in his contract anyway. If Ferrari failed to provide a car to win a championship or alonso wasn't in the top 3 in the 2014 standings, he could leave and that's what he did.

Bah, propaganda, alonso made it pretty clear as early as 2012 that he was looking elsewhere, it was consistantly talked about. Everyone knew, that's how all this drama started at Ferrari as I believe he fell out wit montezemelo. I also Beleive fernando had a "get out" clause in his contract anyway. If Ferrari failed to provide a car to win a championship or alonso wasn't in the top 3 in the 2014 standings, he could leave and that's what he did.

How convenient. Propaganda. It seems nothing will convince Alonso fans otherwise, even if you link a credible source. So there was talk about him wanting to leave right, so why could'nt he get the drives? If he made it pretty clear about leaving then he would have been fired right on the spot, no team would tolerate such disloyalty, so lets call it noises. So, even YOU knew he was looking from...you say 2012? hehehehe. man, thats funny. You must have some hectic insider information. So he was looking around 3 years into his tenure at Ferrari. No loyalty there. RBR did'nt want him. Merc neither. No other top team. Right? he made noises, looked for drives but he was'nt scooped up. That is established then, by your own admission. Coming into last year then surely make sense. The plan of Alonso was to get into a dominant car to win his 3rd title. See how ironic, accusing Vettel of winning in a dominant car but wanting the same. But the swop Briatore tried to do with Merc did'nt quite work out. There were NOISES about it too and you believe in noises as we ascertain with the last post of yours. Surely there was a glimpse of the 2015 car under Allison, surely it would have been better to stay put and wait for Hamilton's contract to expire to join the dominant Merc. It's just one more year, it would also make more sense than joining a engine manufacturer entering the fray, see how they handle the new regulations then join if they show signs of competing with Merc. But that did'nt quite work out either. He did'nt have that option and had to sign a multi-year contract with Mclaren Honda. Stuck in a car dead-last on the grid at the moment. No wonder he had that unexplained crash and is sitting on his stoep at home watching proceedings and sipping Pino Kolada

Why? simply because Ferrari decided to get rid of him in a game of thrones. As per the artcle I posted. Outplayed. Outwitted and Outsmarted. He had his time... he will never ever have that same luxury he had at Ferrari

How convenient. Propaganda. It seems nothing will convince Alonso fans otherwise, even if you link a credible source. So there was talk about him wanting to leave right, so why could'nt he get the drives? If he made it pretty clear about leaving then he would have been fired right on the spot, no team would tolerate such disloyalty, so lets call it noises. So, even YOU knew he was looking from...you say 2012? hehehehe. man, thats funny. You must have some hectic insider information. So he was looking around 3 years into his tenure at Ferrari. No loyalty there. RBR did'nt want him. Merc neither. No other top team. Right? he made noises, looked for drives but he was'nt scooped up. That is established then, by your own admission. Coming into last year then surely make sense. The plan of Alonso was to get into a dominant car to win his 3rd title. See how ironic, accusing Vettel of winning in a dominant car but wanting the same. But the swop Briatore tried to do with Merc did'nt quite work out. There were NOISES about it too and you believe in noises as we ascertain with the last post of yours. Surely there was a glimpse of the 2015 car under Allison, surely it would have been better to stay put and wait for Hamilton's contract to expire to join the dominant Merc. It's just one more year, it would also make more sense than joining a engine manufacturer entering the fray, see how they handle the new regulations then join if they show signs of competing with Merc. But that did'nt quite work out either. He did'nt have that option and had to sign a multi-year contract with Mclaren Honda. Stuck in a car dead-last on the grid at the moment. No wonder he had that unexplained crash and is sitting on his stoep at home watching proceedings and sipping Pino Kolada

Why? simply because Ferrari decided to get rid of him in a game of thrones. As per the artcle I posted. Outplayed. Outwitted and Outsmarted. He had his time... he will never ever have that same luxury he had at Ferrari

I'll go with that. K-Mag is a better option anyway. If that was me, I'd be there supporting the team. It's a walk away, boys, I tell you.

It's the truth, read between the lines bro. He was playing the game just aswell as any good driver in an attempt to get what he wants. I can't Beleive you didn't hear about his contract loop holes. Everyone did, I have mentioned before my best mate is Sam Michael's brother so I have heard things that haven't even been published before. Not only that I used to get official team wear for free and it wasn't the crap reproductions either. Man do you Beleive the stuff you type or make it up as you go? It's so transparent it's funny. How can you even compare him to Vettel? Least alonso stayed for a while and tried to sort the issue out unlike seb, soon as a new boy turns up and beats him he runs away as he can't have his image distroyed by someone who spent five minutes in the team compared to him. There's no comparisson there totally different situations. Didnt you hear how Ferrari offered alonso a new deal but he refused to sign it, I Beleive he was signed beyond 2015 anyway but his clause in his contract allowed him to leave. Put it this way brad, if no one else wanted alonso like you say, Mclaren wouldn't have paid his enormous salary it's as simple as that, they have to pay him what he wants so it doesn't lure him away. Look into it alot more, iam sure you'll find some new things you didnt know about. That's why I always call my mate if I can't sort something out it find it suspicious, the ammount of things I've heard about drivers that the media doesn't get hold it is incredible but I guess I have to question that source hey? Since these people who write these articles know more than someone actually competing in the sport. Bet you also didnt hear that late last year seb was getting really upset and quite vocal over the issue of not being allowed to look at the new data on the redbull car as it might be able to be used on the new car and in fear of seb taking secrets with him, held him out of debrief's, not sharing as much important data from the car and daniel and simply hiding things from him. You didnt hear that did you?

Face it man, Alonso has tarnished his image with the bs results at Ferrari, the bs slagging of the team and the fact that nearly everyone who works with him says he's hard to work with. James Allison used the "he could start an argument in a phone box" line today on live tv! I seriously dont know what McLaren was thinking signing him. I reckon they got him cheap, Ferrari certainly didnt want him. Bring in Kimi and then Seb and next thing they are at the front of the grid.

I hope he leaves the sport, he's a whiny little over-rated b14tch.

Bah alonso no way has tarnished his image to finish 2nd in the championship 3 out of 5 seasons and everyone agreeing the ferraris were crap, he did darn good and for the sake of about 5 points could've been fourth last season. More than a 100 points more than kimi that's 4 race wins if you want the math and two podiums to kimis none. I must say that this years Ferrari does look better but to say its down to kimi, that's utter bollocks. If kimi got what he wanted, they wouldn't be running pull rod suspension again, simple as that. I think Ferrari are hard to change anyway, so the driver just has to drive what he is given. It was different with Schumi though as he brought his crew with him from Benetton so they were more or less good friends than just a crew. Weather or not you like alonso, you can't ignore his talent, speed and quite simply just how good he is. I hate Vettel more than kimi or any other driver but that doesn't make me forget just how good he was in the previous era of formula one, he was unbeleivable. Just ignoring talent because you hate the person is wrong. I still rate kimi as a darn good driver but I don't really like him.

It's the truth, read between the lines bro. He was playing the game just aswell as any good driver in an attempt to get what he wants. I can't Beleive you didn't hear about his contract loop holes. Everyone did, I have mentioned before my best mate is Sam Michael's brother so I have heard things that haven't even been published before. Not only that I used to get official team wear for free and it wasn't the crap reproductions either. Man do you Beleive the stuff you type or make it up as you go? It's so transparent it's funny. How can you even compare him to Vettel? Least alonso stayed for a while and tried to sort the issue out unlike seb, soon as a new boy turns up and beats him he runs away as he can't have his image distroyed by someone who spent five minutes in the team compared to him. There's no comparisson there totally different situations. Didnt you hear how Ferrari offered alonso a new deal but he refused to sign it, I Beleive he was signed beyond 2015 anyway but his clause in his contract allowed him to leave. Put it this way brad, if no one else wanted alonso like you say, Mclaren wouldn't have paid his enormous salary it's as simple as that, they have to pay him what he wants so it doesn't lure him away. Look into it alot more, iam sure you'll find some new things you didnt know about. That's why I always call my mate if I can't sort something out it find it suspicious, the ammount of things I've heard about drivers that the media doesn't get hold it is incredible but I guess I have to question that source hey? Since these people who write these articles know more than someone actually competing in the sport. Bet you also didnt hear that late last year seb was getting really upset and quite vocal over the issue of not being allowed to look at the new data on the redbull car as it might be able to be used on the new car and in fear of seb taking secrets with him, held him out of debrief's, not sharing as much important data from the car and daniel and simply hiding things from him. You didnt hear that did you?

Post some links Webric, I try to back my points with credible links etc. Record that guy or something, it just all sound so convenient

There's no point, what you deem creditable and what I deem creditable are two totally different things, you have already prooved that so whats the point? Not worth the effort IMO.

Bloody snooze fest alright. Williams and Ferrari are on par with each other so expect good battles there but in terms of power for Redbull, what a joke. They ran a gamble on using Renault again and it's bitten then in the a##. Toro rosso struggling in straight line and kvyat and Verstappen out with failures. Not good at all, what about Mclaren, way of the pace and yet they say there not using full power in Melbourne, why bloody not? Just cost ya some points. I feel Redbull can recover some if that ground but not all of it,just the way felipe Nasr could pull away was a joke the Renault engine is seriously underpowered. Good drive from Vettel and Raikkonen until kimis retirement.

Bloody snooze fest alright. Williams and Ferrari are on par with each other so expect good battles there but in terms of power for Redbull, what a joke. They ran a gamble on using Renault again and it's bitten then in the a##. Toro rosso struggling in straight line and kvyat and Verstappen out with failures. Not good at all, what about Mclaren, way of the pace and yet they say there not using full power in Melbourne, why bloody not? Just cost ya some points. I feel Redbull can recover some if that ground but not all of it,just the way felipe Nasr could pull away was a joke the Renault engine is seriously underpowered. Good drive from Vettel and Raikkonen until kimis retirement.

Pretty much sums it up. Gutted for my man KImi, great drive, a day of mixed fortunes as I'm happy for Vettel's result on debut for Ferrari