Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

Australian Grand Prix

Well kimi was bloody quick in the middle part of the race and made up for that lousy first pitstop only to have it happen again. If you watch the replay, the gunman on the right rear wasnt happy but they still let him go. Thought ricciardo could catch Nasr at one point but the Renault engine didnt even have the guts to do that. He needed drs just to keep up with Nasr on the straights and that's after a good run into the drs zone. Like Mark Webber and Alan Jones said daniel ricciardo and Redbull are in a position to challenge for the title, it's just Renault letting them down and I have to agree.

And why not? He might not talk much but the fastest laps shows he gives it a fair crack. Just I still think seb has the edge ATM though but still early days for everyone. I think the only conclusion we have is what we already knew. Mercedes are just to quick, the rest is still an unknown. We didnt have Bottas,kvyat or alonso race so that's another thing to think of as I Beleive kvyat and Bottas would have done well if they would have made it to the end and alonso would have scored points to.

Well kimi was bloody quick in the middle part of the race and made up for that lousy first pitstop only to have it happen again. If you watch the replay, the gunman on the right rear wasnt happy but they still let him go. Thought ricciardo could catch Nasr at one point but the Renault engine didnt even have the guts to do that. He needed drs just to keep up with Nasr on the straights and that's after a good run into the drs zone. Like Mark Webber and Alan Jones said daniel ricciardo and Redbull are in a position to challenge for the title, it's just Renault letting them down and I have to agree.

Well, I'm with Webber and Jones, renault is killing the talent in the RBR car!!!!

well looks like I just wasted joining up to Foxtel if this race is anything to go by for the rest of the season..... Geez I thought E f1 was boring!!!

It's hard to gauge ATM Mercedes looked like it was on rails aswell but besides that everyone struggled with tyre temps and the medium tyre so it's hard to see the truth ATM next race might become abit clearer. It was basically a race to the first corner and stayed like that.

Remind me again... why does the driver gets punished with an unsafe release???

"Kimi Raikkonen did get the GREEN light according the Kravitz so Kimi could get a 10 place grid penalty for Malaysia - UNSAFE RELEASE"

well lets be honest here... after such a pathetic opener to the season the stewards need to make SOMEONE pay for SOMETHING at the next race just to spice things up a bit.

Seems like same old same old to me this formula is stuffed big time..

Mate I didn't see it either cause I was dooing something else away from the tv, like even mowing grass was better than watching this processiondam.gif

Just reading an article and Christian Horner believes the Renault is down 100hp on ther Mercedes. What a snail, how can this be fixed as they have a freeze don't they?

Remind me again... why does the driver gets punished with an unsafe release???

"Kimi Raikkonen did get the GREEN light according the Kravitz so Kimi could get a 10 place grid penalty for Malaysia - UNSAFE RELEASE"

Thats EXACTLY right. Thats the DUMBEST thing I've ever heard, and if that happens I will write an angry letter to Bernie. Actually I dont know what I will do because nothing anyone does seems to make a difference to the idiocy in this sport.

It's bs, kimi was released fine, I couldn't see any unsafe release. But it doesn't matter a statement has come through saying no further investigation into Raikkonen out release so that's good I guess. I can see this virtual safety car becoming a nuisance. They'll use it every single time now.

It's bs, kimi was released fine, I couldn't see any unsafe release. But it doesn't matter a statement has come through saying no further investigation into Raikkonen out release so that's good I guess. I can see this virtual safety car becoming a nuisance. They'll use it every single time now.

oh sweet

Just checked and there is no info yet on yesterday's race, there abit slack ATM I think, don't think I sent you to a dud site, that's the case.

I also visit this one quite often.

http://m.gpupdate.net/en/

Back onto Raikkonen, there was no unsafe release, but if there classing the gunmans struggle to sort the right rear out, that's so unfair, they are penalised already by the ammount of time lost due to human error or failing component and I think that's what happened, a fitting issue with the tyre to the hub not actual human error.

Whats next, blaming mechanics for failing engines that polute the air if fail. What a crock. Sports getting just stupid.

Sadly, having worked at the GP for years it is a sorrowful day to see the once great sport becoming nothing more than a money making machine for Bernie and his mates. Melbourne GP is awesome, the current crop of cars certainly are not. The fastest team obviously one but he spectacle that F1 used to be is missing this year so far. Hopefully Malaysia will change this. The cars are no louder than last year., Bernie sort this crap out and stop counting the cash.

Seems Kimi was struggling with downforce, which put his greatdrive in perspective

Spiral.out...Koolmoney, dont know if you follow Gianlu's A'Aleddsandro's tweets, but really great insider info, follow his tweeting on

Ferrari progress and drivers on

https://twitter.com/Gianlu_DAle

I'll check it out Brad. I'm not a Twitter user, but am always up for sources of good info.

Verdict. I'm not sure what or whom I'm more disappointed and p**sed off with. Channel Ten or the Aus GP. Whilst I realize Channel Ten will only show 10 races this year, them not patching through the ITV feed was bonkers. Having to listen to White and Jones constantly ask setup questions for Webber to answer was insane. I think we all know what an In Lap and Out Lap are. But I suspect White does not. A total an utter fcuking joke. Bring back Rusty, and give us the ITV feed with Brundle.

I won't even go into the other coverage with them trotting out the Master Chef and other so called celebrities because I realize they all work for Channel Ten. Normally we just get a 2hr race and that's it. So I do understand them just having an all weekend / 3 day coverage with time to kill. In a way it was good to see the extra things we don't get to anymore like gridwalks, and other things. So I can live with the 2/3 day couch fest they present to us.

But no ITV coverage, means I'm off to torrent these races from now on. White has NO credentials to be a commentator, and Channel Ten have totally F'd with how they present the races. We normally just have Alan Jones, Rusty and Baz for 30mins before a race, and before and after ad breaks. Speaking of ad breaks, WTF WTF WTF. 10mins of racing, 3mins of ads, 10mins of racing, 3mins of ads. FU Channel Ten. Anyway, now that Alan Jones Mathew White and Mark Webber are calling the ENTIRE race, they have simply lost the plot.

Credit must go to Webber. I enjoyed his insights from a driver perspective, but just like we had to get used to no more Murray Walker, the thought of not having Brundle irrates me to no end. Channel have destroyed F1 in this country in only a couple of weeks. From a channel that has broadcast F1 since 2003, it didn't take long for them to F it up.

From a channel that gives you Master Chef, Big Brother, I'm a Celebrity, please just shoot me now. It was their ONE crown jewel.

As for the race, disappointed for Kimi. I know Vettel's touch with him at the first chicane was unintentional, but it was the start of a bad day for the Kimster. But Ferrari look good. Hope they keep on improving. As for Kimi's pitstops, wow is all I can say. If he cops a penalty, it only shows how lost F1 is as the moment. It wasn't his fault.

McLaren are not looking good, but we shouldn't judge them too harshly just yet. If they are still like this by years end, then that will be a story. Hate how their car looks. I thought Ron promised us a new livery? How about a sponsor even?

I bet VDG is wishing he stuck with his court case. How cool would that have been if he got 5th?

Oh btw, fcuk Channel Ten. We are officially divorced as of now.

As for the race, it was sooo boring. Kimi's battles was about as good as it got. Highlight was Arhhhhnuld!

McLaren will lose Ron and Boullier. Have to. MP-30 fine in the corners but the donkey was dialled right down to avoid destruction in JBs ride. It will come good. RBR will become Audi and STR will become Renault. Sauber are running last year's aero basically and still rapid. Watch Nasr and Sainz - they are quicksilver rapid. Why didn't STR have RBRs probs with same mapping and PU? Horner is a knob. No German GP - Bernie is a knob but veeeeerrrrry rich.