Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Apples127

Sauber Have Underestimated Victorian Law Enforcement

After Van Der Guard had a favorable ruling in a European court about his contract drive for Sauber I can't help but think that Sauber have taken a lax view of Australian law & chosen to ignore the ruling. I think they maybe not aware of how tough this country is, and in particular Victoria.

This state operates with a strict & non-flexible tolerance to breaking the law. As a Victorian resident we have a 3km speed tolerance of the limit and believe me you get fined if you're over - no question!. Added to that we Victorians get fined for just about anything you can think of - Jay walking - feet on a train seat - stopping momentarily in a no stopping area to drop your child off to school - everything!

So if the supreme court rules in favour of Van Der Guard & Sauber are found in contempt of court, I have no doubt that what the TV commentators are saying about ballifs confiscating race equipment WILL actually happen!

Least you get 3km leway, up in qld we get nothing, one kilometre over and your done.