Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

Redbull And Engines

I've just read an article saying Redbull have approached Volkswagen and Audi concerning engines as Renault looks to buy out toro rosso. My question is why? Why not approach the company plastered all over there car? Nissan, they've have made some of the best turbo six engines in the history of man kind. Seems wierd no to try coax them into formula one. Would be awesome to see nissan in formula one, they are more than capable of producing the goods IMO.

Well I don't know, with current regs I didnt think it was allowed but who knows the rules change every 5 mins anyway.

I think it's stupid how they market the crap out of Infiniti (Nissan) but wont even concider trying to coax nissan into becoming a formula one manufacturer. They can't do any worse than what Renault are making for them now.

Besides its major sponsor and supply cars to drivers for promotional commitments, then yeah I guess there the teams main income. It's just a no brainer for me, it's like running a ford in the v8s covered in full Holden livery,just doesn't make sense to me.

Its funny the marketing campaign cant be that good cos all these years RBR have displayed infiniti on the side and yet until today I didn't even know (or care) what inifniti was

Ah ok thanks. I reckon they probably don't do much in the UK market cos I don't think I've ever seen one

I don't know why, it's like one of the very few "large" manufacturers not to have a crack and I can't see why they won't, can't do any worse than Honda can they? Maybe they don't like how the sport is run who knows, but I know from experience that they make bulletproof high hp engines with lots of turbo experience. Unlike Honda which out of all there supercars/performance cars doesn't have one single turbo car, there all naturally aspirated, which don't get me wrong, if you get your hands on a vtec, there a hell of alot of fun but don't have the experience nissan have when it comes to turbos.