Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

Ferrari's Restructure Done The Trick.

Well seems Ferrari are the only team ATM than can make Mercedes sweat and actually work for there results now. Well done and in particular to sebastian Vettel. Man this boy copped alot, I gave him alot to but he did the job today and the new boss at Ferrari,getting the whip out trick certainly has given Ferrari some direction. It's hard to say at this point how frequent this Ferrari challenge to merc will be as sepang suited the Ferrari very well, seb said so himself. Question is, will this be the only Ferrari victory of the season or has Mercedes got a bogie on its tail. Either way bring on china. Seb will be brimming with confidence and should make for another fantastic shakeup. Once again, well done sebastian Vettel and Ferrari who today beat Mercedes fair and square.

Just imagine what ricciardo could do in that car, lol :)

Could'nt stop yourself from writing that last sentence hey...

So, since Kvyat beat Ric, by that definition he is currently the 4th best driver in the world, way above Vettel cause he got beaten by Ric in an off year. This is after the dismal showing by Rosberg who was where on that list again, above them??? With absolutely no racecraft near either Hamilton, Kimi or Vettel, a dominant car was all he ever had to record like...what was it again...3rd in terms of current driver ratings in the world.

Man. that list was some CRAZY Sh#t!!! I think that author smoked mushrooms before writing it!!!

C'mon man I did more than most do on here and that's admiting I was wrong about Vettel and Ferrari. The results in the kimi and alonso debate are solid yet not many meet me half way there do they? Yet I made a thread saying how well he and Ferrari have done yet I get nothing for it, just a kick in the guts with a "haha told you so" iam just being gracious in defeat as I Beleive you have to be a good looser to be a good winner. Something that is very rare on this forum. As for kvyat and ricciardo, that was one race in which I Beleive ric struggled so did kvyat but not as bad and that's the seal of approval compared to a full season of domination? Man i didnt celebrate enough did I? I thought people would realise that I call it how it is weather I like the outcome or not, just like I did today.

I think you are forgetting that they had a year of development with Kimi. He's had a tough run last couple of races due to various types of team related bs, but his input into the development of the car has put them at the front, just like I and others predicted. He pulled up Lotus, and now Ferrari. He and Seb are arguably on par and will have some good races.

Iam not forgetting I think whats his name arrivbine or what ever has made this team sort it's crap out. Kimi has had terrible luck so far but I think this car would've been quick anyway. I do admit that, but I thinks seb will have kimi at this stage anyway as he is booming with confidence.

Hmmm, actually Lotus designed a great car for 2012 before Kimi even showed up, then designed a shockingly bad one for 2014 while he was there.

Hmmm, actually Lotus designed a great car for 2012 before Kimi even showed up, then designed a shockingly bad one for 2014 while he was there.

nope, they didn't involve him at all with the 2014 plans after the breakdown. 2013 was a great car but they didn't have the resources to keep going with developments. 2012 with Allison would've even been great if Kimi had input into it....

I'm sure all the experienced f1 drivers, including both Alonso & Kimi, provide excellent feedback and development skills, otherwise they wouldn't be paid millions of dollars.

I don't think 'Ricciardo had problems with the car' is valid, Seb was certainly never afforded that excuse last year. What were these supposed problems?

I think you are forgetting that they had a year of development with Kimi. He's had a tough run last couple of races due to various types of team related bs, but his input into the development of the car has put them at the front, just like I and others predicted. He pulled up Lotus, and now Ferrari. He and Seb are arguably on par and will have some good races.

Yeah !Even NASA said that if they had Kimi during Apollo program they would go to Mars easily, cause of his development inputs etc !

Yeah !Even NASA said that if they had Kimi during Apollo program they would go to Mars easily, cause of his development inputs etc !

Thats just ridiculous

I'm sure all the experienced f1 drivers, including both Alonso & Kimi, provide excellent feedback and development skills, otherwise they wouldn't be paid millions of dollars.

I don't think 'Ricciardo had problems with the car' is valid, Seb was certainly never afforded that excuse last year. What were these supposed problems?

Yeah he had massive brake issues and car was handling like a pig. Seb didnt have this excuse because the car last year was winning races. This year they can't even pass a toro rosso. Kvyat was able to have a spin and still catch back up to ricciardo and the plooms of black dust under braking was evident of a brake issue on both Redbull's, did you see the front rims? Black as Mclaren's paint job that Ron Dennis said he would change come Melbourne.

Lol if It has pull rod suspension he won't be able to control it.

hey as much as I would like to see Seb stick it to Merc, and Hammy, I think this win was a one off. Merc wont be caught out with the same pit stratagies again.

That's what I think. Sepang just suited the Ferrari and even seb said so. But I hope it's not, the more winners the better but as the season goes on I Beleive merc will be just as tough to beat as last year.

Lap it up while you can boy, it's only a matter of time before they sort there stuff out. Ill have the last laugh, I always do lol.

I dunno man, McLaren really are looking dire. They haven't been competitive for 3 years now and it's gona take years to even get close to the front row. Makes me sad, they'd better hope there's another big regulations shake-up soon

Nah I don't think it's as bad as it may seem. Remember 95/96 and 97? 1995 is a similar season to this one and I think they can rebuild, a team with the money they have is only a matter of time. They couldn't have any better drivers IMO to bring them back so we just have to be patient. Both alonso and button were in points positions before issues struck, alonso was even catching the Redbull's at one point.

Yea but even in '95 they ended up in the top 4, they did improve in '97 but were still not really regular winners and it was only when Newey came onboard that everything changed.

For McLaren to be pleased with a possible 10th place finish shows how bad it is!

Yeah but there starting from scratch and a points finish for them is massive concidering the issues they have had with limited testing. They had issues with the Peugeot in 1994 but it wasn't as bad because of the amount of testing they could do, I honestly think they would be miles ahead of where they are now if testing wasnt so heavily regulated. They have planted a seed and it will grow its not like they are using some relatively inexperienced engine manufacturer, it's just going to take longer than expected. They might even get a podium in Monaco, you never know.

Well atleast alonso has learnt something from kimi in the time they spent together then. To bad kimi hasn't learnt how to drive like a REAL champion like alonso. To busy flicking through his excuse rollerdex in order to find some excuse as to why he can't keep up with fernando. Wonder if kimi will release it, I could do with a book of excuses for ringing in sick. Kimi is to busy playing with his pullrod, ohh that's right he doesn't know how to use one. Lmao hahahhaha.

Bad luck or no bad luck Kimi hasn't matched Seb for pace yet. I know it's early days.

Alonso did literally develop the McLaren into a wall in winter testing, apparently his steering locked!

Why do you not have the same view on Massa when it comes to poor development of the Ferrari?