Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

spiral.out

We Did Driver Helmets, What About Yours?

When I raced karts I used this hjc cl-sp barbwire.

I have the yellow one in the top left corner. Not bad for a cheap helmet, was $370 got it for $179 and it's light as aswell. Just got a number of visors aswell. Clear for wet weather but mainly used a mirror lense during the sunny days. Was saving for an arai until my work accident, now I need all the dosh I can get, had to sell my kart also.

helmets-hjc-street-2007-cl-sp-men-barbwire.jpg

Spiral, your lid is fnn sick mate.

Love that design, very similar colour scheme to mine! Nothing better than wearing a mean looking helmet eh. I got the missus an HJC, $449 down to $99 bucks lol. Last one that had sitting on the bargain shelf at MCAS.

I wouldnt mind getting one of those golden/bronze reflective visors actually, maybe something like this.

1243660_orig.jpg

Yeah that's what I have, a mirrored bronze lense. Gotta keep the color coordination going. Pretty bad in wet weather bro. That's why you need a few lenses. Used to have the black lense for sunny days but went the bronze mirror to try intimidate the other drivers abit. I know from expereince that its more intimidating being followed by a driver with a lense you can't see through than a clear one.

This was my baby I had to part ways with, it was my third child.

2n8acjq.jpg

Miss driving her everyday :(

Yeah I have the dark smoke currently, just like the picture. Didnt know the iridium ones werent great in the rain.

Depends on what brand you get I suppose, but I was wearing them tucked behind other karts so it was probably copping alot more oil and road grime than you would on a bike and it just gave a smeared look when trying to see through it. Like the oil and crap was reacting to what ever chemical is in the lense, clear was much better for visibility.

No-one else has/had a helmet?

Webric you and I are the only ones who have any street cred bro.

Lol looks that way. Did you see my edited post? I put a pick up of my kart I had to sell. It's a watercooled 125cc leopard motor. Went like the clappers, did about 130kph flatout down the back straight at Ipswich kart track. If I was still racing I was either going to buy an arai or a replica Schumi helmet.

Did you see my edited post? I put a pick up of my kart I had to sell. It's a watercooled 125cc leopard motor. Went like the clappers, did about 130kph flatout down the back straight at Ipswich kart track. If I was still racing I was either going to buy an arai or a replica Schumi helmet.

Thats a sweet ride man. I cant imagine what 130kph is like that close to the ground. I wish I had got into Karting.

Man you pull a couple of gees aswell. Bloody expensive but. Needs a rebuild after 30hrs and your looking at about a grand, 1000 bucks a year to sign up to a club,$75 a race weekend not to mention the full to get you there. Tyres arnt so bad because the series I was in you use one set dries and wets for the season, just run very hard compounds. Then you need different sprockets, which are like changing gear ratios. Unless your sponsored, it's bloody darn expensive, just lucky I had a real good paying job before my accident, it was the only way to afford it. But the fun part I found was setting the kart up, just changing your seat position forward or back a few mill totally changes the way the kart handles plus your tyre pressures make a huge difference also and your track width, so much fun but a pain also because one setting could be awesome but the next day on the same circuit, it can be way out even if your running a setting that was perfect the day before, it really puts into perspective just how good f1 drivers really are.

Sparco Spy 5. My own design I've had for yearspost-4268-0-72102400-1430547208_thumb.jp

Man that is Fnnn sweet.

What type of kart is that your driving in your pic?

Just the Clubman Yamaha KT100S

Sweet, the kart I had ran a leopard RL 125