Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

Hamilton Signs For Another 3Yrs

His second stint at Renault was a joke? You serious he won two races and back to back in a car in current form with a lotus, yeah one was handed to him but he backed it up in the very next race in the rain at Fuji. Raikkonen IMO is not the same kimi we saw at Mclaren or even lotus, he seems to have lost some pace and consistantly is behind teammates now. Schumacher's domination is purely down to his own merit, recruiting the required people to give him that edge and he knew how to make them work on his favour, seb is half the driver Schumi was in that respect, senna drove on the limit his whole career and people seem to forget how well he did in 1993 in a car that was severely underpowered to the dominant Williams. But like you said monkey it's based entirly of opinion. Good post btw.

It's often been said that drivers can only be compared with their teammates. But the hating on Alonso spoils any rational conversation on the topic. It would be waste of time and energy to begin to bother.

And it is besides the point too. This is Hamilton's thread.

He's done fine over the years. Good even a couple of seasons. And better than the rest last year and this one so far. So he's the right choice for Merc even the if price reflects, as always, poor driver management. Merc will be on top as long as they keep producing the supercar 2 seconds faster than the rest. Once that advantage is out, so are them. Hamilton has never shown superdriver skill. In point in fact, if Merc and Ferrari had similar cars, no one would know whether Vettel or Hamilton would win... which is another way of stating the obvious, neither Hamilton nor Vettel has shown they can supply that missing edge.

So all that's left is to congratulate Hamilton on his cash and Merc on his supercar.

Having done that, we can only hope that superdrivers emerge soon from the next generation. This one was a dud in this regard.

His second stint at Renault was a joke? You serious he won two races and back to back in a car in current form with a lotus, yeah one was handed to him but he backed it up in the very next race in the rain at Fuji. Raikkonen IMO is not the same kimi we saw at Mclaren or even lotus, he seems to have lost some pace and consistantly is behind teammates now. Schumacher's domination is purely down to his own merit, recruiting the required people to give him that edge and he knew how to make them work on his favour, seb is half the driver Schumi was in that respect, senna drove on the limit his whole career and people seem to forget how well he did in 1993 in a car that was severely underpowered to the dominant Williams. But like you said monkey it's based entirly of opinion. Good post btw.

Riiiight, you mean the race win in Singapore? That is remembered for all the wrong reasons. And yes his 2 year stint there was rubbish. Let's put it this way, are you seriously going to try to persuade anyone that those 2 years show Alonso's skills? Race wins in the rain are a lottery. Everyone knows this. It doesn't take away from the win, but it sure as heck doesn't stack up against a win in dry running conditions.

As for the Schu, he was brilliant in many ways. And excellent in getting the #1 treatment. You can't ignore this. It's stupid in a way because he would have beaten all his team mates without the team orders, so it was not needed. He had the skills, he didn't need the other factors to cloud things. You cannot compare Vettel at his age, with Schumacher at the end of his career. Is Vettel not ahead in wins and other feats when you compare there ages? I believe he is.

I agree maure, we havnt' gotten the next crop of great drivers just yet. I will pencil in Vettel however due to just how well he drove at RBR when the car was too his liking. It's very hard to fault him for that effort.

Who knows if we will actually see proper hero racers again. I think once they bin KERS/ERS, DRS and go back to proper V8s or V10s, with no traction control, proper mechanical grip and non disruptive air flow so that cars aren't screwed sitting behind another, tyres that aren't made of egg shells and no G damn fuel restrictions, then we will see plenty of the Vershaaaptens and Kvyats for years. But they are neither mainly, super or heroic. They are simply well trained efficient kids who grew up in privileged households.

Alonso was top 5 in the championship in his first year back with Renault I Beleive or close to that and about seventh it eighth the second season, not bad for a junker or a car. In comparing Vettel with Schumi there is alot if other factors to concider aswell, there were alot more races in a season when Vettel was winning his races not to mention having a car so dominant. Schumi had a dominant car also but he theoretically built it in terms of luring the right people to join the team, Vettel so happens to be at the right place at the right time, still he maximised he opportunity and did incredibly well. So well in fact I thought he was looking to be a driver like we haven't seen before. But last season brought him crashing down and really for me highlighted just how good his cars were. I think the move to Ferrari was the best thing for him and he seems to have settled in very well.

Talking about Alonso is useless, WebRic. Even those who don't express themselves like maniacs are still complete lunatics on the topic.

People don't have to agree on a topic to have a discussion. One could argue, after all, that disagreement is the seed of a good and proper discussion. But on the topic of Alonso, this is not about agreement or disagreement. You keep trying to make a point and all you encounter is crazies invoking hallucinations as unquestionable evidence.

Talking about Alonso is useless, WebRic. Even those who don't express themselves like maniacs are still complete lunatics on the topic.

People don't have to agree on a topic to have a discussion. One could argue, after all, that disagreement is the seed of a good and proper discussion. But on the topic of Alonso, this is not about agreement or disagreement. You keep trying to make a point and all you encounter is crazies invoking hallucinations as unquestionable evidence.

Lol well said, it's clear as day but refuse to see or tell the truth, weather it be dislike that gets in the way, I don't know. There are quite a few drivers I dislike quite alot but it won't stop me admitting a good performance if it happens.

wow, you guys sound like religious people.

Nothing wrong with that is there?