Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

Just How Good Is Daniel Ricciardo?

I freaking loved the one lap qualy days. One car on track, no chance of anyone getting in the way. One lap to fail or be a hero. It was great. I still wish we had this back in F1. But I'd leave it for the top 10 shootout. That way we as fans was watch every single driver do their one lap. Not just who the broadcasters want us to watch, and then usually nothing for most of Q3, until we see a whole bunch of cars crossing the finish line.

You know what, they should bring it back. It was bl0ody nailbiting.

Dans latest quote has just seen him look like an idiot. "Obviously the pace we're going now is slow-ish, but the racing's good. We obviously don't want to take that all away."

The racings good? wtf drugs is he on.

http://gptoday.com/full_story/view/527278/Wider_tyres_will_separate_great_from_good__Ricciardo/

This clearly prooves he has no time to watch any races this year lol.

Why did they scrap the 1-lap quali anyway? I can't remember. All I remember is that DC was terrible at it.

I think because people didnt like seeing just one car on the circuit. Doesn't matter what happens, you'll find people complain about anything.

True, people will always complain. But it ticked so many boxes for me. And we NEVER had to deal with the drivers crying/protesting and being penalized for impeding.

This is seriously near the top of my wish list. But I'd make the change that Q3 and Q2 stay the same as it is now. Then Q1 is one lap each. That way there is no sandbagging, running down the clock, trying to be the last on track type of BS which we still there for 6 of the 10mins watching an empty track.

I think because people didnt like seeing just one car on the circuit. Doesn't matter what happens, you'll find people complain about anything.

I prefer the one car then you get to see the whole bl00dy lap.

You mean the top ten shoot out to be one lap?

Top ten you could do the one lappers but not for q1 and q2. IMO those should remain the same to allow the slower drivers a better chance to get Into q3.

A dyslexic moment on my part. What I meant to say before I made a typo...

Q1 and Q2 would stay the same. Q3 would be one lap each. A Top 10 Shootout. This NEEDS to happen. I so want this in our sport.

A dyslexic moment on my part. What I meant to say before I made a typo...

Q1 and Q2 would stay the same. Q3 would be one lap each. A Top 10 Shootout. This NEEDS to happen. I so want this in our sport.

Yep I agree, it would be awesome but what would make it even better is if the top ten could run on a lap of fuel instead of the fuel they need to use for the race. Then we would have guys really on the limit.

Getting into Q2 and Q3 should not hinder a team. Be it tyres or fuel, a driver should not be punished for advancing. I'd go a step further and say the teams get to re-fuel, ALL of them mind you, not just Q3 participants, before the race, and also must trade in any used tyres from Qualy.

Getting into Q2 and Q3 should not hinder a team. Be it tyres or fuel, a driver should not be punished for advancing. I'd go a step further and say the teams get to re-fuel, ALL of them mind you, not just Q3 participants, before the race, and also must trade in any used tyres from Qualy.

Yep I agree,another good idea. The rule of starting on the tyres you set your fastest lap on is rediculous, it's another thing that prevents drivers going flatout as it will compromise them in the race. Fnnn stupid.

The problem with the one car on track at a time, is the track evolution. Often the track gets faster as the time passes, or there's rain on the way. What happens then? You'll get the complaining that so and so went out when it was dryer or warmer or whatever.

Personally I prefer the way it was way back when. 1 hour, all drivers on the track, no restrictions on fuel or tyres. Fastest lap is pole. Go for it.

The problem with the one car on track at a time, is the track evolution. Often the track gets faster as the time passes, or there's rain on the way. What happens then? You'll get the complaining that so and so went out when it was dryer or warmer or whatever.

Personally I prefer the way it was way back when. 1 hour, all drivers on the track, no restrictions on fuel or tyres. Fastest lap is pole. Go for it.

some good points.

Track evolution is a good point, yes you're right. How about a random draw! That is going to be as fair as you can get. If it's raining, then another set of rules should apply. Shorten the 1hr format to 15mins in these circumstances. If 2-3 drivers have already run in dry conditions, those times get scapped and they have to go out again. Having said that, it can rain during Q now and catch some drivers out and they make no allowances for that.

I didn't mind the 1hour either. But I still would prefer the Top 10 Shootout format.

Track evolution is a good point, yes you're right. How about a random draw! That is going to be as fair as you can get. If it's raining, then another set of rules should apply. Shorten the 1hr format to 15mins in these circumstances. If 2-3 drivers have already run in dry conditions, those times get scapped and they have to go out again. Having said that, it can rain during Q now and catch some drivers out and they make no allowances for that.

I didn't mind the 1hour either. But I still would prefer the Top 10 Shootout format.

Yeah I agree, some would whinge on track conditions but your idea monkey is brilliant, no one can complain there. For drivers that go out before rain hits and set a time, who ever goes out in the rain and sets the fastest time, that time difference gets added to the dry times or if it rains first and times are set then dries up, the fastest dry time, the same ammount gets taken of the wet times if you know what I mean? For example if a dry time is 8 seconds quicker than the wet time, 8 seconds get taken of the wet times and vice versa. Can't get more fairer than that.

Problem with one hour is they will still just come out and do two timed laps each. It will be 45 mins of boredom.

Very true, unless they bring back qualifying engines like in the 90s and everyone was much closer meaning more times laps.

*ahem* 10 Top Ten Shootout eliminates the waiting around for track conditions. Running order gets drawn out of a hat by one of the lovely grid girls, no manscaping grid boys please, and thus you gotta go out or come last.

*ahem* 10 Top Ten Shootout eliminates the waiting around for track conditions. Running order gets drawn out of a hat by one of the lovely grid girls, no manscaping grid boys please, and thus you gotta go out or come last.

Sounds fair IMO.

C'mon man you gotta give webric some cute boys to look at when Alonso is bringing up the rear.

Cute boys and bringing up the rear? Sounds like your a bit of a pillowbiter. Lol

Yeah it all came together rather nicely.

oh there we go again!

You said it lol