Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

What Kimi Needs To Do To Keep His Seat.

I think it's Ferrari starting to favor Vettel IMO and kimi is starting to get the rough end of the stick. Honestly if he was what p17 at the time, why no harm in another lap? He can't do any worse and besides on a drying circuit like that, a lap can make all the difference. I see it like this, Ferrari are starting to shaft him but if he wants to keep his seat, he will have to take it, outbursts like that and being under pressure to perform will not help him one bit. We could be in for an epic kimi recovery drive though, he has to as Vettel did it last time out in Canada. If he can get through the first two corners fine, he should fight back.

I dont buy this "team favour" bs when it comes to calls from the pitwall. There is NO WAY a team would sabotage one drive to the benefit of the other. Ferrari would not shaft either driver intentionally.

I don't think Ferrari are shafting him on purpose either. Rather incompetence in an inexperienced engineer for Kimi, or just stupid decisions. Not even RBR screwed Webber on purpose. There is simply too much money involved at the end of the year to be earned, so NO team is going to throw away points.

Let's hope Kimi has a blinder. He will either do good, or pass a few drivers and then get stuck behind Perez or someone for the entire race. Austria isn't known as a passing track.

I've seen lots of articles about July 31 being the D Day for Kimi to renew next year. But this is Ferrari, they can fill that seat anytime they like. And it's not as though there are tons of drivers off contract this year as they are all locked down. So I hope they give Kimi some more time. Otherwise Kimi fans, this might be the last several races we see of the guy :(

I dont buy this "team favour" bs when it comes to calls from the pitwall. There is NO WAY a team would sabotage one drive to the benefit of the other. Ferrari would not shaft either driver intentionally.

*Cough* Barrichello *cough* Massa *cough* Salo *retch* Irvine *vomit*

...and there's nothing wrong with Kimi's capabilities either. Nothing!

I didnt mean there shafting him on purpose, just what ever there doing there doing for Vettel first and kimi second. If it affects kimi compared to Vettel, they will favour Vettel first IMO.

I didnt mean there shafting him on purpose, just what ever there doing there doing for Vettel first and kimi second. If it affects kimi compared to Vettel, they will favour Vettel first IMO.

Ferrari have throughout their entire existence operated as a clear No.1 with a No.2 there to pick up some crumbs should No.1's day go to pot, and given that Seb is clearly intended to be that No.1 I'm still baffled why anyone is actually surprised that he gets favoured.

Ferrari have throughout their entire existence operated as a clear No.1 with a No.2 there to pick up some crumbs should No.1's day go to pot, and given that Seb is clearly intended to be that No.1 I'm still baffled why anyone is actually surprised that he gets favoured.

I knew that was and is the case, but it's the attitude they show as trying to be fair and each driver is equal when clearly that's not the case. Kimi doesn't make many mistakes and I say this truthfully and people here know iam not a kimi fan, but the mistakes he has had recently are just in bad timing. When he is being critisised for poor qualy any mistake he makes is highlighted 10x as much. Where if his qualifying wasnt an issue, people probably wouldn't make much of it, even Ferrari.

The focus on Kimi by the media is kind of BS. Even Massa came out and said he felt sorry for Kimi. I mean where is the focus on Button and Alonso? The press trying to get a rise out of him with his contract, and then Kimi putting the total smackdown on the reporter is a good example.

At any rate, WebRic that is correct. It's the timing of these things that might hurt Kimi. Especially when it's rumoured to be the time to resign him, or go with someone else. Thus a good race result will salvage things somewhat.

As for #1s and #2s. I have no problem with Kimi being the 2nd driver at Ferrari. He's still no Rubens or Massa. Even Arrivabene said recently you can't tell Kimi what to do. Kimi's not going to do something unless he wants to, so him then being compared to Rubens and Massa is a bit off since they, at least to me anyway, were happy to take the money to be the #2. I think Kimi gives his all, and if he comes 2nd, then he's ok with that. He's more disappointed he didn't get a clean weekend or have a GP occur without issues, than oh crap Vettel beat me, I better go and pout somewhere.

That's right, he said he has a contract and Ferrari only has to sign it, I good result tonight will only help his cause. You really have to look at the big picture, in all honesty if his qualifying was up to scratch, his performance wouldn't even be getting a mention as he seems to get decent results and if the qualifying issue is sorted what ever it may be, he would be consistantly in with a chance of regular podiums. That's is the sole thing that is distroying his results and sadly at this stage, also his career. IMO Ferrari would be absolutly stupid to replace him until there is a suitable candidate and of who is available next year, no one fits the mould. While kimi is still consistantly scoring points or until a "big gun" driver is available, he is there best bet, the only one who would probably come close is Hulkenberg.

The problem with the Hulk is like Webber, he's too tall. I've seen this mentioned in the past. His winning Le Mans won't mean he'll be in a seat next year, only his performances in F1 will secure that. But I would like to see him in F1 instead of Maldonado, Perez and those guys. He's more talented than them I feel.

Ferrari would be stupid to replace Kimi next year. I think Kimi only plans to be in F1 one more year anyway, so let him stay I say. He's still earning points for the constructors. As for who his replacement could be, I posted a pretty in depth thing on who really is available for Ferrari to sign.

- RBR have Ricci nailed down shut in his contract. And I honestly don't think one good year, if this year stays the same and RBR don't improve, that's not going to sway Ferrari to sign him.

- Perez can forget it. There's no way he's driving for Ferrari.

- Guiterrez won't happen either. Ferrari don't care for the trust fund babies that plague out sport. So you can right off most of the South American contingent.

- Nico as the dark horse. But I think he's locked into his contract too.

- Hamilton, not going to happen. He's also in a long contract.

- Alonso! Not until hell freezes over.

- Button. Too late in his career.

- Massa. No.

- Bottas. A very real posibility. All hinges on his contract at Wiliams. And I don't think they want to lose him. But will let him go if Ferrari pay the right amount.

- GRO. NO.

- Maldonado. Only in his dreams.

- The New Kidz on the Block. Sainz, Verstappen, Nasr, Kyvat, and even Ericsson are all too fresh to F1. Ferrari have shown historically they do not hire newbies basically.

So the seat is Kimi's to lose. I just hope if he loses it, it's not because of loose wheel nuts, lack of fuel, lame pit strategies, leaving him out for 50 laps on a set of super softs. Rather he gave it his all, and like Webber walked.

So the seat is Kimi's to lose. I just hope if he loses it, it's not because of loose wheel nuts, lack of fuel, lame pit strategies, leaving him out for 50 laps on a set of super softs. Rather he gave it his all, and like Webber walked.

I've been an iceman fanatic for 15 years. He is the most unlucky driver in the history of sport. I have no doubt, he will have all of the above happen to him this season, a lot of them simultaneously.

The problem with the Hulk is like Webber, he's too tall. I've seen this mentioned in the past. His winning Le Mans won't mean he'll be in a seat next year, only his performances in F1 will secure that. But I would like to see him in F1 instead of Maldonado, Perez and those guys. He's more talented than them I feel.

Ferrari would be stupid to replace Kimi next year. I think Kimi only plans to be in F1 one more year anyway, so let him stay I say. He's still earning points for the constructors. As for who his replacement could be, I posted a pretty in depth thing on who really is available for Ferrari to sign.

- RBR have Ricci nailed down shut in his contract. And I honestly don't think one good year, if this year stays the same and RBR don't improve, that's not going to sway Ferrari to sign him.

- Perez can forget it. There's no way he's driving for Ferrari.

- Guiterrez won't happen either. Ferrari don't care for the trust fund babies that plague out sport. So you can right off most of the South American contingent.

- Nico as the dark horse. But I think he's locked into his contract too.

- Hamilton, not going to happen. He's also in a long contract.

- Alonso! Not until hell freezes over.

- Button. Too late in his career.

- Massa. No.

- Bottas. A very real posibility. All hinges on his contract at Wiliams. And I don't think they want to lose him. But will let him go if Ferrari pay the right amount.

- GRO. NO.

- Maldonado. Only in his dreams.

- The New Kidz on the Block. Sainz, Verstappen, Nasr, Kyvat, and even Ericsson are all too fresh to F1. Ferrari have shown historically they do not hire newbies basically.

Jenson is the same height as webber and I can't really see that being to much an issue, never the less it doesn't help. I think Ferrari would sign ricciardo if they could I mean any top team would, after all they wanted webber but in saying that even though webber didnt get success to much later on in his career, he was an experienced driver with a reasonable ammount of success.

@ spiral - you can't really say kimi is the most unluckiest, that award definatly has to go to webber. Picking Williams over Renault and then Renault go on to win two straight championships, his endless amounts of retirements with Williams and mostly happened in top positions,namely podiums, who remembers him throwing his wheel out the car when it failed at Monaco on route to a solid second place? Vettel taking him out in Fuji that year and what would have been his first win ( think it was 2007) and his endless kers issues at Redbull. He is by far the unluckiest driver and IMO gets the title "the halfway there man".

Jenson is the same height as webber and I can't really see that being to much an issue, never the less it doesn't help. I think Ferrari would sign ricciardo if they could I mean any top team would, after all they wanted webber but in saying that even though webber didnt get success to much later on in his career, he was an experienced driver with a reasonable ammount of success.

@ spiral - you can't really say kimi is the most unluckiest, that award definatly has to go to webber. Picking Williams over Renault and then Renault go on to win two straight championships, his endless amounts of retirements with Williams and mostly happened in top positions,namely podiums, who remembers him throwing his wheel out the car when it failed at Monaco on route to a solid second place? Vettel taking him out in Fuji that year and what would have been his first win ( think it was 2007) and his endless kers issues at Redbull. He is by far the unluckiest driver and IMO gets the title "the halfway there man".

Maybe the unluckiest fast driver then muahahahaaaaa

Mother F!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WTF just happened to Kimi and Alonso? Did Kimi's power **** up again like in Montreal or did Alonso hit him?

Kimi was 10th before that happened. The replays to me, look like Kimi was hit from behind. But I guess we'll know more in the coming days.

At any rate, yes more back luck for Kimi. I think he was on for a blinder today :(. He'd already made up 4 places in the first few corners.

Nope, kimi did this on his own, wheel spun, over corrected and collect alonso. Not looking good for his chances even though its just a run of bad luck.

Collected implies Kimi was behind Alonso. He was in front. It was Alonso who took him out.

Kimi's interview just now said he had some wheel spin. But it wasn't all wheel spin, he would have lost a position or two and been ok to continue, but it still seems to me Alonso collected him and both then went off the track all entangled.

I disagree, the reply looked like kimi did it all on his own and took alonso with him. Alonso was alongside when kimi was sliding all over the place.