Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BradSpeedMan

All Down To The Car...

All down to the car they said... All because of Newey they said... Wonder what they think of this

www.jamesallenonf1.com/2015/06/talking-point-whos-more-dominant-mercedes-now-or-red-bull-in-2010-13/

All down to the car they said... All because of Newey they said... Wonder what they think of this

www.jamesallenonf1.com/2015/06/talking-point-whos-more-dominant-mercedes-now-or-red-bull-in-2010-13/

Check your link!

Hasnt changed my mind at all. Webber sucks. He always has. If Vettel had Alonso or Hamilton in the other car they would have been 1 -2. Waste of an article. Vettel won because of the car, Hamilton is winning because of the car.

No he has'nt. Webber was considered one of the best qualifiers before Vettel arrived on the scene. and his racecraft was'nt bad at all. Man I was'nt even a fan of Webber but thought him pretty good. The idea that Webber sucks is just a theory...

Vettel delivered with 2 championships clinched at the final race. 2012 Mclaren had the fastest car by .2 seconds. FACTS!!!

"Whilst Red Bull’s 2011 and 2013

seasons demonstrated a rare degree

of superiority, to a large extent this

was underpinned by Sebastian Vettel.

Whether the German outperformed

his machinery or teammate Mark

Webber underperformed is a different

debate altogether, but the fact

remains that the team’s domination

was heavily indebted to Vettel – as

illustrated by the fact that Webber

finished only third in both the 2011

and 2013 standings.

Mercedes on the other hand have

enjoyed a much greater overall team

dominance since the start of 2014,

with their two drivers statistically much

more closely matched than Red Bull’s

ever were. To date, all of the criteria

that underpin team performance

indicate that the Mercedes

stranglehold since the start of 2014 is

greater than that held at any point by

Red Bull.

Thus far, 2015 has seen Mercedes

experience an even greater degree of

statistical supremacy than in 2014 –

with flawless reliability allied to

consistency on behalf of both drivers

allowing the team to dominate to an

extent Red Bull never did. Are we

perhaps looking at an epochal season

to match McLaren’s famous 1988

campaign? Only time will tell, but

Mercedes are certainly at present

outperforming all recent precedents

of dominance in Form."

Just in case u have'nt read the conclusion

If Vettel had Alonso or Hamilton in the other car they would have been 1 -2.

Really??? The same Hamilton who was crashing into other drivers...like Massa etc when he had the fastest car 2012??? If Vettel was driving that Mclaren he would've still been champion

Mark webber didnt even have the same car as Vettel. Vettel was there love child, the fact they screwed webber over to hand seb his first title in 2010 still fires me up. Webber was ahead majority of the season and yet Redbull still chose to back seb. If it was any other team, they would have backed webber and he would have been champion. Beside the point he slammed it into the wall in Korea doesn't help but he should have had the points there prior to that accident and Abu Dhabi. It was all set up to win for Vettel, marko never liked webber.

Mark webber didnt even have the same car as Vettel. Vettel was there love child, the fact they screwed webber over to hand seb his first title in 2010 still fires me up. Webber was ahead majority of the season and yet Redbull still chose to back seb. If it was any other team, they would have backed webber and he would have been champion. Beside the point he slammed it into the wall in Korea doesn't help but he should have had the points there prior to that accident and Abu Dhabi. It was all set up to win for Vettel, marko never liked webber.

Disagree, Webber lost the title when he hit Heikki in Valencia and Nico in Korea, had he not done so it is easily argued he would have had at least another 15-20 points on his tally, giving him the title by 3 points in the least and 8 in the most.

Disagree, Webber lost the title when he hit Heikki in Valencia and Nico in Korea, had he not done so it is easily argued he would have had at least another 15-20 points on his tally, giving him the title by 3 points in the least and 8 in the most.

True, but not backing him and allowing him to finish behind seb on a few occasions didnt help, if it was the other way around I bet a million bucks they would have asked mark to move over. It just come across that they have seb the power to decide if he would help or not and that's not fair IMO. That's why mark was such an a-hole towards seb and team orders. I would be to if I was the driver with the best chance 90% of the season and they didnt help. If Ferrari did to Michael what seb and Redbull did to mark, Schumi wouldn't have won as many titles.

Really??? The same Hamilton who was crashing into other drivers...like Massa etc when he had the fastest car 2012??? If Vettel was driving that Mclaren he would've still been champion

Ah I only used Hamilton cause everyone around here seems to love him. Perhaps I should have used Alonso. I wanted to use Kimi but he's going backwards atm

True, but not backing him and allowing him to finish behind seb on a few occasions didnt help, if it was the other way around I bet a million bucks they would have asked mark to move over. It just come across that they have seb the power to decide if he would help or not and that's not fair IMO. That's why mark was such an a-hole towards seb and team orders. I would be to if I was the driver with the best chance 90% of the season and they didnt help. If Ferrari did to Michael what seb and Redbull did to mark, Schumi wouldn't have won as many titles.

Load of rubbish in most respects, Vettel is no more obligated to help a team mate win a title than any other, Mark had the power to change that situation by leaving, he did'nt

Load of rubbish in most respects, Vettel is no more obligated to help a team mate win a title than any other, Mark had the power to change that situation by leaving, he did'nt

Why would he leave the team he helped build up? He had faith they would do the right thing when the time came and they didnt.

Why would he leave the team he helped build up? He had faith they would do the right thing when the time came and they didnt.

All the more reason to leave at the end of 2011

All the more reason to leave at the end of 2011

Why would he? He probly thought he would get another shot based of his 2010 form and Redbull were the best team. Even though 2010 was realistically his only chance I feel Redbull could have done more to aid his chances but its based of opinion.

Ah I only used Hamilton cause everyone around here seems to love him. Perhaps I should have used Alonso. I wanted to use Kimi but he's going backwards atm

No bud. That was'nt my point. You could put Chilton in that Merc and he would be champ, such is the dominance of the car based on performance and stats. The same however, cannot be said with what Vettel achieved with RBR

Mate. I think u should take a break and carefully dissect what you've written here, cause this makes absolutely no sense. All I read here is conspiracy theories and biased assumptions

No bud. That was'nt my point. You could put Chilton in that Merc and he would be champ, such is the dominance of the car based on performance and stats. The same however, cannot be said with what Vettel achieved with RBR

Come on, you know that statistic doesn't show everything?

Mate. I think u should take a break and carefully dissect what you've written here, cause this makes absolutely no sense. All I read here is conspiracy theories and biased assumptions

It was clear as day, you think mark was still upset over the front wing saga? Give me a break.

Why would he? He probly thought he would get another shot based of his 2010 form and Redbull were the best team. Even though 2010 was realistically his only chance I feel Redbull could have done more to aid his chances but its based of opinion.

He knew very well Seb was going to be treated as No.1, he also didn't adapt to A.) the new Pirelli tyres in 2011, B.) Off throttle blown diffuser, the combination of these two only served to increase the performance gap between Mark and Seb.

Mark didnt enjoy his situation but I think that post 2010 he was more or less running in cruise and collect mode for the most part, he was very vocal about his dislike of the evolutionary path the cars were heading down, and frankly after losing the title with the added salt in the wound of Seb being the one who stole it from under him, I just don't think he was the same driver again, he lost the edge.

That's my point and the blown diffuser makes no difference, he was making better use of it than seb for the most part of 2010. Malaysia 2013 "multi 21" made his dicision, although I would have likes to have seen him partner alonso at Ferrari. He was there first choice and after he turned down the Ferrari seat, they signed kimi. I think he was more or less thinking about what was best for him in terms of the future and he would be lucky to get two more seasons compared to an offer from Porsche he basically couldn't refuse.

That's my point and the blown diffuser makes no difference, he was making better use of it than seb for the most part of 2010. Malaysia 2013 "multi 21" made his dicision, although I would have likes to have seen him partner alonso at Ferrari. He was there first choice and after he turned down the Ferrari seat, they signed kimi. I think he was more or less thinking about what was best for him in terms of the future and he would be lucky to get two more seasons compared to an offer from Porsche he basically couldn't refuse.

He'd actually decided to retire in December 2012, he has said as much on several occasions, Ferrari made him a pitch and he did consider it, but they wouldn't allow him the 1 year rolling system he'd had at RBR, so he turned it down.

Adrian Newey won the 4 titles, and whoever is designing the current Merc is winning those. End of story.

1084.gif

Every year the champ has the best car, that's just how it goes. It's never all down to the car though, you still have a team-mate to beat

Every year the champ has the best car, that's just how it goes. It's never all down to the car though, you still have a team-mate to beat

Yes and no, Schumi didnt have the best car in 2006 and he had that 8th title in the bag if it wasnt for the engine blowing up at Suzuka. Not to mention reeling in 30+ point defecit to alonso.

It is pretty much all down to the car and that's a compliment to the drivers. The drivers skills are very competitive at the moment and the cars not so much.