Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

British Grand Prix

Well at least Kimi beat Vettel. Obviously he's a superior driver.

[sarcasm]

Whats happened to Alonso, I thought he had the ability to DRIVE THE CAR BEYOND ITS LIMITS.

[ /sarcasm]

Lol

Well at least Kimi beat Vettel. Obviously he's a superior driver.

[sarcasm]

Whats happened to Alonso, I thought he had the ability to DRIVE THE CAR BEYOND ITS LIMITS.

[ /sarcasm]

Well smarty pants, obviously alonso is the superior driver over Raikkonen, hence last years white wash and since kimi is superior over Vettel, then obviously alonso can drive the car beyond the limits hence last years white wash again lol.

Ill do the same (sarcasm)

Alonso needs to retire and go polish his cars at his ego centric museum he's created in his honor -- whilst still in the sport! Has any sports person you know of done something similar?

Like take the U.S. Presidents. They don't work get a library in their honour until AFTER they leave office.

Maybe Alonso is suffering from low self esteem and realizes once he retires, he won't be as missed and loved as he thinks. So better to do something now. I will say however I was impressed with the amount of actual F1 cars he had there. It's almost like they gave him one of his cars each and every year as a present.

I don't see the big deal of having a collection of cars you raced. I would if I was an f1 driver. Michael Jordan was collecting the shoes he wore while still playing, he has something like 5 thousand pairs of shoes not to mention the town he grew up in in North Carolina named a street after him. I don't see the big deal tbh.

Alonso needs to retire and go polish his cars at his ego centric museum he's created in his honor -- whilst still in the sport! Has any sports person you know of done something similar?

OH MY GOD. I didnt realise he built the freaking thing himself! What a total w#nker LMAO

Jealousy is a cruel thing isn't it? That's why I don't post a pic of myself lmao.

Yaaayyy I guess. Bottas is probably fuming, but having said that, I think once the rain came, he would have been caught by the Mercs anyway. Curious as to who made the pit call for Kimi to go on Inters. I hope it wasn't him. It's certainly not bee the first bad call his engineer has made. Arrivabene will no doubt blame Kimi for the rain coming and curse him in Italian. Damn, he was doing so good up until that point :(

Yaaayyy I guess. Bottas is probably fuming, but having said that, I think once the rain came, he would have been caught by the Mercs anyway. Curious as to who made the pit call for Kimi to go on Inters. I hope it wasn't him. It's certainly not bee the first bad call his engineer has made. Arrivabene will no doubt blame Kimi for the rain coming and curse him in Italian. Damn, he was doing so good up until that point :(

Story of his life, he was doing great, until he didn't!

Silverstone was a good weekend for Lewis.

This win makes Hamilton a 3 time winner of the British GP.

Congratulations are in order for Lewis in becoming #3 on the all time pole winning list, right behind Schumacher and Senna.

glad I recorded this farce ............... my new best friend ............ the FAST FORWARD BUTTON :-).

Arrivabene will blame him because it sounds like it was soley his dicision.

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/view/532107/Raikkonen_admits_he_miscalculate_the_rain/

Story of his life, he was doing great, until he didn't!

Lol

Alonso destroyed Button!

In your face Button-lovers!

Well button did retire. There's this clown on Facebook saying ricciardo got smashed by kvyat yet ricciardo had to retire with an electrical issue. Be different if both button and ricciardo were still racing in the end with no issues and got beaten but there is no fair ground when this happens.

I mean he literally destroyed him! ;)

Yeah well that is true, lol

A summary of the British GP = "A boring procession once again, reliant on poor weather to generate any form of excitement and was still boring compared to almost any other form of motorsport"

Driver summary:

Hamilton:showed his immaturity with his stupid move on the safety car, had the race handed to him with far superior equipment.

Raikkonen: Unfortunate decision making and owned by Vettel

Alonso: pulled a Austrian Kimi and then took out his team mate

Ricciardo: average all weekend, owned by Kvyat

Ver-step-in: drove like a 17 year old and complained like a baby

Rosberg: was in the race?

Bottas: showed ability one moment and looked like an amateur the next

Highlights:

Williams telling their guys not to race, then telling them to race, then getting on the mic and saying they were all about racing.

Not sure about laps 20-50 cause didnt really watch them.

Watching 3 cars queue behind Massa and none of them being able to do anything about it

Alonso was nudged by a lotus into button, ricciardo was complaining all weekend about power loss through the sweeping turns which turned out to be an electrical issue with his engine during the race. Although yes it was boring, it was slightly more entertaining than the races we have had so far this season. I agree with you and Williams though, they shot themselves in the foot big time and Bottas theoretically could have won that race if he was allowed to pass and if he could have created a gap. The question that is in my head now, is why did they tell Bottas to stay behind and have the possibility to fall into the clutches of lewis? Is that because they know now he is leaving and thus giving treatment to Massa? Or did they simply stuff up in a big way? They clearly had the pace earlier on to actually win. Got to feel for kimi though don't you? I mean he was trying a button like strategy in terms of changing tyres at the right time but he just got it wrong but if he pulled it of, he could have won. Just wrong call at the wrong time. Rosberg drove really well on slicks on the wet surface, must more confident and faster than lewis but just ran out of laps.

Alonso was nudged by a lotus into button, ricciardo was complaining all weekend about power loss through the sweeping turns which turned out to be an electrical issue with his engine during the race. Although yes it was boring, it was slightly more entertaining than the races we have had so far this season. I agree with you and Williams though, they shot themselves in the foot big time and Bottas theoretically could have won that race if he was allowed to pass and if he could have created a gap.

Alonso was nudged by a lotus into button - no he wasnt. he locked up his front right, then went hard right into his team mate, while his back wheels were still spinning. The cars in front were moving left. He tried to avoid and lost it.

Ricciardo was complaining all weekend about power loss through the sweeping turns which turned out to be an electrical issue with his engine during the race - I would like to see the evidence that this was the same issue? I dont believe it was related.

but like the TV coverage of the race...... 4 cars running up front........heaps of distance back to the rest of the remaining after 4 laps.......... Williams telling drivers not to race? ..... I thought that is what this circus is called ... a motor RACE ?????

How is it when you watch the GP3 / GP2 races they are entertaining..... but you get to the main race of the day and it is like SLEEP time???

Alonso was nudged by a lotus into button - no he wasnt. he locked up his front right, then went hard right into his team mate, while his back wheels were still spinning. The cars in front were moving left. He tried to avoid and lost it.

Ricciardo was complaining all weekend about power loss through the sweeping turns which turned out to be an electrical issue with his engine during the race - I would like to see the evidence that this was the same issue? I dont believe it was related.

Nope my mistake, I watched the reply again and it's hard to see but it does look like alonso lost it on his own trying to avoid the carnage so my mistake. As for ricciardo, it sounds like it was a loss of power issue like he was suffering all weekend but weather they were linked iam not sure but I found this.

http://m.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/327792/ricciardo-sidelined-by-electrical-issue/

Arrivabene's really really starting to irritate me now. I wasn't sure during the race if Kimi had made the call to pit, but afterwards he put his hand up and said he made the call. He's always been honest when it's his fault. Which is why I still don't believe Austria wasn't a case of Alonso nudging him. The reason being, Kimi's always coped to his mistakes and he has said he simply doesn't know what happened in Austria. Arrivabene seems to almost take delight in stating the obvious after the fact. What ever happened to win and lose together. Nope, not with this cigarette salesman. Oh no, it's Kimi's fault when it's not, and his fault when it is. Ferrari is never to blame, at least not whilst he's in charge. I still think he will not be there in 5 years time, let alone 3.

Ferrari have stuffed up several of Kimi's pitstops and strategies during these past 1.5 years. So much for showing solidarity, it's clear Arrivabene wants Kimi gone now. Kimi could win Spa, and then not have a good race after that, and it still won't be enough. Not sure if Bottas is going to be any better. For all his pace, he barely attempted to overtake Massa, even when given the clear by his idiotic pitcrew.

The writing's on the wall Kimi fans sad.png. He's a dead man walking now. Arrivabene went from loving him to openly being critical of him in under 2 months, heck it seems more like 1 month. At this point, I'd be happy for Kimi to leave to get as far away from two faced Arrivabene as possible. Who needs this guy in your corner.

Willams totally F'd up the race. Bottas should have shown more balls to attack Massa. This is Felippe Massa we are talking about. Bottas is supposedly the next greatest Ferrari driver, and he barely made one overtaking attempt. His pitcrew must take alot of the blame, but having said that who wants racing where a team tells their driver to pull aside for the other guy. Yes it would have made the difference, but Bottas should have been right up his exhausts to force the issue.

Merc... their car is utterly incredible. So dominant in fact that one of the last great records in F1 held by Jackie Stewart was broken by Hamilton. Not even the great Schumi got to claim this record that's stood for 40 odd years. Hamilton was lucky, very lucky. His change of tyres was utterly perfect. But half a lap before that, Nico was owning him and taking massive times out of his lead. So a wins is a win I suppose, but Hamilton certainly had good luck on his side.

Other than the opening stint of seeing 4 cars all together, I still felt this race was boring. I have no idea why all the articles I've seen called the race "thrilling". Oh I know why, because an Englishman won.

Good post and I agree, but Bottas couldn't do anymore in fear of chewing up his tyres. He asked if he could pass felipe but by then the damage was done,same as when Williams "allowed them to race" to late by then and cost what could have been a certain victory. The Williams seems to be really quick in the high speed corners, so I predict them to be quick at spa and monza. As for kimi, he hasn't really had a fair shot since Vettel has joined, basically making him the number 2 driver straight of the bat. They have compromised his strategy in basically every race to suit seb. But in saying that, seb drove brilliantly today and kimi could have also, he just called it a couple laps to early.

Arrivabene's really really starting to irritate me now. I wasn't sure during the race if Kimi had made the call to pit, but afterwards he put his hand up and said he made the call. He's always been honest when it's his fault. Which is why I still don't believe Austria wasn't a case of Alonso nudging him. The reason being, Kimi's always coped to his mistakes and he has said he simply doesn't know what happened in Austria. Arrivabene seems to almost take delight in stating the obvious after the fact. What ever happened to win and lose together. Nope, not with this cigarette salesman. Oh no, it's Kimi's fault when it's not, and his fault when it is. Ferrari is never to blame, at least not whilst he's in charge. I still think he will not be there in 5 years time, let alone 3.

Ferrari have stuffed up several of Kimi's pitstops and strategies during these past 1.5 years. So much for showing solidarity, it's clear Arrivabene wants Kimi gone now. Kimi could win Spa, and then not have a good race after that, and it still won't be enough. Not sure if Bottas is going to be any better. For all his pace, he barely attempted to overtake Massa, even when given the clear by his idiotic pitcrew.

The writing's on the wall Kimi fans sad.png. He's a dead man walking now. Arrivabene went from loving him to openly being critical of him in under 2 months, heck it seems more like 1 month. At this point, I'd be happy for Kimi to leave to get as far away from two faced Arrivabene as possible. Who needs this guy in your corner.

Willams totally F'd up the race. Bottas should have shown more balls to attack Massa. This is Felippe Massa we are talking about. Bottas is supposedly the next greatest Ferrari driver, and he barely made one overtaking attempt. His pitcrew must take alot of the blame, but having said that who wants racing where a team tells their driver to pull aside for the other guy. Yes it would have made the difference, but Bottas should have been right up his exhausts to force the issue.

Merc... their car is utterly incredible. So dominant in fact that one of the last great records in F1 held by Jackie Stewart was broken by Hamilton. Not even the great Schumi got to claim this record that's stood for 40 odd years. Hamilton was lucky, very lucky. His change of tyres was utterly perfect. But half a lap before that, Nico was owning him and taking massive times out of his lead. So a wins is a win I suppose, but Hamilton certainly had good luck on his side.

Other than the opening stint of seeing 4 cars all together, I still felt this race was boring. I have no idea why all the articles I've seen called the race "thrilling". Oh I know why, because an Englishman won.

Kimi has always had history of whining to his racing engineers so i know he isn't always cool as he appears, like his spin in canada two years in a row blaming car! And when he makes mistake like last year in monaco you will not hear a word of admitting! So if he is silent, he is probably guilty!