Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

spiral.out

Bye Bye Kimi

well I have to say that Kimi is not your advertisers dream guy to have . He has won a WDC but aint achieved much since !!

well I have to say that Kimi is not your advertisers dream guy to have . He has won a WDC but aint achieved much since !!

he was blimmin lucky to get that too

We all knew this was going to happen, just the announcement came earlier than I anticipated. I hope he goes back to wrc and gets a decent ride or will he go to Williams? Or is hulk in for a return to Williams?

Oh no. Very sad ending. He has alreay told that if he is sacked he aint gonna be driving in f1. So is that it?

Or somehow williams would lure him to drive again. But do williams really need him as they already have experienced hand in massa!

Oh no. Very sad ending. He has alreay told that if he is sacked he aint gonna be driving in f1. So is that it?

Or somehow williams would lure him to drive again. But do williams really need him as they already have experienced hand in massa!

True, they probably wouldn't want to see kimi beaten by massa again though lmao!

But to think about it ,you are right. The form massa is in he would thrash kimi left right and center. Boy he made fun of bottas, future ferrari driver. Lol

But to think about it ,you are right. The form massa is in he would thrash kimi left right and center. Boy he made fun of bottas, future ferrari driver. Lol

even though lotus wernt paying kimi and owed him money, he made a mistake leaving them.

Cant see Kimi driving for anyone else, he'll exit quietly in a bit of a sad end to a fantastic f1 career. In the long term we'll remember the old Kimi, similar to how we remember Schumacher, ie the 'comeback years' are put aside.

This is assuming the story is true. And it opens up a Button-to-Williams possibility

This might be right, but it's not official and the "source" is an Italian sports paper announcing the signing. We'll wait and see. But I can't shake the feeling Arrivabene has been totally two faced in all of this. Saying it's still in Kimi's hands, he can still turn things around etc. And most recently asking for calm, and telling Kimi to just focus on racing and not to worry about the other stuff. The feeling I get from that, is one of Arrivabene knowing Kimi IS going to be replaced next year, but dangling a non existent carrot in front of him. Thus Ferrari get as many points as possible and then shove him out the door come the end of the year.

For a period of time I warmed to Arrivabene despite not having heard of him before. But seeing how quickly he went from praising Kimi, to the "I'm giving Kimi" some homework nonsense, to then flat out accusing Kimi of being responsible for the Montreal spin, when he hadn't even looked at the telemetry, only to then issue a kind of retraction. It makes you wonder how long he himself will be there. He's far too emotional, hot headed and unprofessional in my view. He is not a drivers manager. He's a downsizer, crack the whip kind of guy. Just think how much better the environment would have been had they managed to snag Brawn. If only.

As mush as I want Kimi to be in F1 in 2016, regardless of performances even if let's say he won a race or two, if Arrivabene was still going to treat him in this way, he's far better off leaving and having fun whilst looking after his family.

This might be right, but it's not official and the "source" is an Italian sports paper announcing the signing. We'll wait and see. But I can't shake the feeling Arrivabene has been totally two faced in all of this. Saying it's still in Kimi's hands, he can still turn things around etc. And most recently asking for calm, and telling Kimi to just focus on racing and not to worry about the other stuff. The feeling I get from that, is one of Arrivabene knowing Kimi IS going to be replaced next year, but dangling a non existent carrot in front of him. Thus Ferrari get as many points as possible and then shove him out the door come the end of the year.

For a period of time I warmed to Arrivabene despite not having heard of him before. But seeing how quickly he went from praising Kimi, to the "I'm giving Kimi" some homework nonsense, to then flat out accusing Kimi of being responsible for the Montreal spin, when he hadn't even looked at the telemetry, only to then issue a kind of retraction. It makes you wonder how long he himself will be there. He's far too emotional, hot headed and unprofessional in my view. He is not a drivers manager. He's a downsizer, crack the whip kind of guy. Just think how much better the environment would have been had they managed to snag Brawn. If only.

As mush as I want Kimi to be in F1 in 2016, regardless of performances even if let's say he won a race or two, if Arrivabene was still going to treat him in this way, he's far better off leaving and having fun whilst looking after his family.

I agree to an extent, of course arrivabene is going to "cradle" kimi because he wants the maximum available and your right there but honestly, what different is arrivabene doing that are managers do? Nothing, loves his drivers when doing well but hates them when they don't, typical manager and IMO is running Ferrari quite well, you would never rob a bank with these guys that's for sure, they would just throw you in the deep end. The writing is on the wall, we all know it and kimi fans know it deep down also, I can sympathise as its always hard to see a favourite kicked out,retire or leave. Felt like this with Schumi,webber,hakkinen. But in all honesty, kimi isn't doing must to help his own situations with what has happened in the last 3 races, weather it's his fault or not, managers don't see it that way.

Yes it's not a great time when a driver you love leaves F1.

Are you telling me that Arrivabene is handling things correctly? I don't feel he is. He's aired too many things publicly. You are right, even if it's not Kimi's fault for the past 3 races, it's seen that way. Thus it has the same result in the end.

Arrivabene is completely unrealistic at the moment and that's excluding his treatment of Kimi. To think Ferrari were going to get 3 race wins this year, and then be disappointed about it not going so well considering how dominating a car Merc has, is stupid. It shows a lack of foresight on his part. A lack of patience, a lack of many things. Vettel's win was a one off. Merc either turned their car down that weekend or didn't realize Ferrari were going to be on the pace so quickly. And what has happened since then hmm? Merc has only gotten stronger buy a huge margin. I think they have tons more performance in the car they can access if they want to. Ferrari aren't going to get 3 race wins this year. Does that mean Arrivabene is going to then fire more people? Or that maybe his expectations were not realistic and thus in essence wrong.

WebRic, many other managers could have handled things differently than Arrivabene. I'm not saying he's a slimeball, rather he's simply not professional. He talks about internal stuff when he should keep quiet. He publicly berates his driver when it turns out it's not even his fault. Does Ron do this? Does Wolff do this? Did Matiachi do this? Did Stefano do this? Brawn never did this. My point is Arrivabene is not who Ferrari need. He will be gone before long. His personality, how he does business, he's not going to last because he's almost destabilizing things I think. By then who knows, Alison may be booted, a good chunk of other Ferrari employees gone as well. He can blame Kimi all he likes, but at the end of the day, they were never going to beat Merc this year. They are 2nd in the Constructors. What really has gone wrong when you look at it like this. They are better than last year, and hopefully will be even more so next year. Why does Arrivabene then need to freakout and act the way he does? Maybe his job is also tied some performance clause.

Yes it's not a great time when a driver you love leaves F1.

Are you telling me that Arrivabene is handling things correctly? I don't feel he is. He's aired too many things publicly. You are right, even if it's not Kimi's fault for the past 3 races, it's seen that way. Thus it has the same result in the end.

Arrivabene is completely unrealistic at the moment and that's excluding his treatment of Kimi. To think Ferrari were going to get 3 race wins this year, and then be disappointed about it not going so well considering how dominating a car Merc has, is stupid. It shows a lack of foresight on his part. A lack of patience, a lack of many things. Vettel's win was a one off. Merc either turned their car down that weekend or didn't realize Ferrari were going to be on the pace so quickly. And what has happened since then hmm? Merc has only gotten stronger buy a huge margin. I think they have tons more performance in the car they can access if they want to. Ferrari aren't going to get 3 race wins this year. Does that mean Arrivabene is going to then fire more people? Or that maybe his expectations were not realistic and thus in essence wrong.

WebRic, many other managers could have handled things differently than Arrivabene. I'm not saying he's a slimeball, rather he's simply not professional. He talks about internal stuff when he should keep quiet. He publicly berates his driver when it turns out it's not even his fault. Does Ron do this? Does Wolff do this? Did Matiachi do this? Did Stefano do this? Brawn never did this. My point is Arrivabene is not who Ferrari need. He will be gone before long. His personality, how he does business, he's not going to last because he's almost destabilizing things I think. By then who knows, Alison may be booted, a good chunk of other Ferrari employees gone as well. He can blame Kimi all he likes, but at the end of the day, they were never going to beat Merc this year. They are 2nd in the Constructors. What really has gone wrong when you look at it like this. They are better than last year, and hopefully will be even more so next year. Why does Arrivabene then need to freakout and act the way he does? Maybe his job is also tied some performance clause.

Yeah you made some good points there,I have to agree.

Please remember Ferrari have so far rated this news as bulls##t at worst and speculation at best. The knock-on stories regarding Nasr to Williams are completely unfounded thus far. It is the silly season gentlemen and it will only get worse.

Yeah but this is the same Ferrari that denied Schumacher's signing at the end of 95, the same Ferrari that denied signing alonso at the end of 2009. They have a reputation of lying through there skin even though its obvious.

Cant see Kimi driving for anyone else, he'll exit quietly in a bit of a sad end to a fantastic f1 career. In the long term we'll remember the old Kimi, similar to how we remember Schumacher, ie the 'comeback years' are put aside.

This is assuming the story is true. And it opens up a Button-to-Williams possibility

Don't think Clare will see that as a forward move though I believe it is. Bottas is good at setting a car up while Massa just want to drive the wheels of it. If the Finn leaves, just having another fast young pup in there won't cut it. As far as I am concerned, Sainz is the best option for any team right now plus the Magnussen situation mystifies me completely.

Kimi to Wiliams? I would be ok with that, I mean why not, Massa is doing ok there. I know Kimi said he won't stay if his option isn't taken up though.

Nasr, bleh. Sainz hmm maybe, but that would mean the end of his RBR sponsorship most likely. But it's generally only a matter of time for most who come through the RBR young driver problem. Look at all the past drivers who races for STR who aren't sponsored by RBR anymore. I don't know enough about Sainz to really say yay or neh. And the Vestappen kid, no chance. Not because of his talent, but I don't see Wiliams wanting a kid that young.

Swap Bottas for Kimi. Let him race on. I still wished he went there instead of Lotus, but that's history.

Yeah but this is the same Ferrari that denied Schumacher's signing at the end of 95, the same Ferrari that denied signing alonso at the end of 2009. They have a reputation of lying through there skin even though its obvious.

Er, it's not the same Ferrari at all. Whatever his critics may say, Arrivabene appears to tell it like it is and the new Chairman is no LdM.

It may not be literally the same team but they do things behind close doors the same way, they always have and always will.

It may not be literally the same team but they do things behind close doors the same way, they always have and always will.

Who doesn't in F1? The heritage will always be respected at Maranello but Arrivabene doesn't seem to let rumour fester for too long and that can only be good news for fans and team alike. The F1 press is worse than the World's combined gutter press for accuracy and as a marketing man he knows that silence can be destructive in the extreme. We shall see. Y'know, I heard from an impeccable source yesterday that Maserati are bringing a V6 hybrid onto the market and are in talks with a yet unknown F1 team about developing a racing version. Can you believe that?