Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

Hungarian Grand Prix

Are we in for another bore fest? I dare say so due to the lack of passing on the circuit. Is Redbull's pace they have shown in practice for real or are the likes of Ferrari and Williams "sandbagging" only time will tell. Whats your predictions?

Iam going

1-Rosberg

2- ricciardo

3- Hamilton

Just to spice things up .

Look, Alonso nutshelled it today. He basically said he was weighing up his options: http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/view/533891/Disenchanted_Alonso_tempted_by_other_racing_series/ It is right that those of his era of F1 drivers should be thinking like that. The current formulae is a farce and I think there is a market for a Superspeed series where anything goes with a reasonable set of parameters. Big engines, massive speed and a tyre war for starts. Then we can sort the men out from the boys and get some bums on seat again.

I have seen it and it has some exciting components by it's appeal is small thus far. I am talking about a takeover of F1 and a return to it's founding values.

I have seen it and it has some exciting components by it's appeal is small thus far. I am talking about a takeover of F1 and a return to it's founding values.

As much as all the fans and drivers want it, it will never ever happen and that IS the sole answer to all the issue involved with the sport today.

Rules.... Alonso pushes his car back to the pits and suffers a penalty...

BUT if the car comes back to the pits on flatbed truck it is OK to continue ???

As much as all the fans and drivers want it, it will never ever happen and that IS the sole answer to all the issue involved with the sport today.

Oh, I think it must or fail completely. Ferrari doesn't sell road cars and neither do Red Bull. Without Mercedes, it would be excellent. Toyota, BMW. Peugeot and Renault have all wasted money getting nowhere in modern times. It is NOT a manufacturers sport but Bernie has let Merc make it one. Look how long it took them! Ferrari and McLaren are never going to sell a V6 sportscar and that is fine so chuck all the ERS crap out and go V8/V10 and tell Merc to follow suit or ship out. It's a rock 'n' roll tour for petrol heads not a shop window for hybrid toys. Renault, Merc and Honda will get just as much showroom foot fall and general kudos from supplying the grunt as they always did. It just won't survive any other way.

Ferrari do sell road cars and Honda were in the v8/v10 era and they don't make either of those capacity engines. I don't think the turbo engines are the issue, it's the regulations surrounding them. I think most people wouldnt give a crap about the v6 formula if the sport was run like it used to be say 20-25 years ago. Next season has further restricted engines so how in earth has any other manufacturer got the chance to close the gap to Mercedes? Next to none. The sport just looks like its more and more setup, look at 2009-2014. It was a more aerodynamic formula with blown diffuser and such so it was rigged for Redbull's performance more so than anyone else. They announce a new turbo era and Mercedes are the first to get to work and create an advantage now the rules get virtually locked in to stop any one closing on Mercedes. It's setup to promote certain teams individually for a set time IMO.

Oh looksie, F1 is back on. Yawn. I've been spending my time watching the Tour de France. Vive le tour! Seeing the absolute madhouse fans on the side of the road going up L'Alpe d'Huez was incredible. Turn 7 for the win. Wow those Dutch are crazy. This is sport. The fans loving it, great racing, great atmosphere, good times. F1 is dead, it's boring, it lacks basically everything you want in a sport.

Hamilton got pole. Yawn. Nico got second, yawn. Vettel third. Yay? And Kimi 5th. Yep it's business as usual in the fishbowl of F1.

A sport without atmosphere, is lacking, it has no soul. I watched the Real Madrid vs Manchester City soccer match on TV the other night. Despite their being nearly 99,000 people packed into the MCG to watch it, the atmosphere was lacking. Why? Because Australians have no idea how to watch soccer matches. They have no songs to sing, no chants, nothing. Well they have two. Aussie Aussie Aussie, and 5,4,3,2,1 yaaaaaay. Seriously it's depressing. Now watch a soccer match at the Bernabéu, Camp Nou, Allianz Arena in Munich, and tell me you don't feel the hairs standing up when you see the crowd jumping in unison, waving their scarfs and singing loudly. It's amazing. But it's a perfect example of enthusiastic fans watching a sport. The Australian example was simply more of curious fans watching Ronaldo and to take selfies to say they were there.

F1 is like this now. Some people still attend the races because it's supposed to be the best we're told. The pinnacle of a motorsport. That means to me the best, the most exciting, the fastest, the razzle dazzle of Monaco and all that. But F1 is trading off it's glorious past. It's just that alot of people haven't yet caught up in their thought that it's nothing like it used to be it. It's hollow, fake, contrived and too manicured and engineered. Simply put it's not just boring, it sucks completely.

F1 needs to die horribly before something better rises from the ashes. Be it V8/10s, no ERS/KERS, DRS, a proper tyre war, genuine testing allowed, relaxed rules. Or a totally new series. But it needs to happen because I feel F1 is now in the territory of the Emperor has no Clothes. Sooner rather than later, people will realize the excitement stopped long ago in this sport.

Ferrari do sell road cars and Honda were in the v8/v10 era and they don't make either of those capacity engines. I don't think the turbo engines are the issue, it's the regulations surrounding them. I think most people wouldnt give a crap about the v6 formula if the sport was run like it used to be say 20-25 years ago. Next season has further restricted engines so how in earth has any other manufacturer got the chance to close the gap to Mercedes? Next to none. The sport just looks like its more and more setup, look at 2009-2014. It was a more aerodynamic formula with blown diffuser and such so it was rigged for Redbull's performance more so than anyone else. They announce a new turbo era and Mercedes are the first to get to work and create an advantage now the rules get virtually locked in to stop any one closing on Mercedes. It's setup to promote certain teams individually for a set time IMO.

Yes, I did not mean 'road cars', I meant to say production cars but if we follow your assumption, just who is setting it up and why?

Each team gets ago just some may pay others and the sport gets fixed to a certain extent and then fans of certainly teams and manufacturers stay watching and buying the sport.

Oh looksie, F1 is back on. Yawn. I've been spending my time watching the Tour de France. Vive le tour! Seeing the absolute madhouse fans on the side of the road going up L'Alpe d'Huez was incredible. Turn 7 for the win. Wow those Dutch are crazy. This is sport. The fans loving it, great racing, great atmosphere, good times. F1 is dead, it's boring, it lacks basically everything you want in a sport.

Hamilton got pole. Yawn. Nico got second, yawn. Vettel third. Yay? And Kimi 5th. Yep it's business as usual in the fishbowl of F1.

A sport without atmosphere, is lacking, it has no soul. I watched the Real Madrid vs Manchester City soccer match on TV the other night. Despite their being nearly 99,000 people packed into the MCG to watch it, the atmosphere was lacking. Why? Because Australians have no idea how to watch soccer matches. They have no songs to sing, no chants, nothing. Well they have two. Aussie Aussie Aussie, and 5,4,3,2,1 yaaaaaay. Seriously it's depressing. Now watch a soccer match at the Bernabéu, Camp Nou, Allianz Arena in Munich, and tell me you don't feel the hairs standing up when you see the crowd jumping in unison, waving their scarfs and singing loudly. It's amazing. But it's a perfect example of enthusiastic fans watching a sport. The Australian example was simply more of curious fans watching Ronaldo and to take selfies to say they were there.

F1 is like this now. Some people still attend the races because it's supposed to be the best we're told. The pinnacle of a motorsport. That means to me the best, the most exciting, the fastest, the razzle dazzle of Monaco and all that. But F1 is trading off it's glorious past. It's just that alot of people haven't yet caught up in their thought that it's nothing like it used to be it. It's hollow, fake, contrived and too manicured and engineered. Simply put it's not just boring, it sucks completely.

F1 needs to die horribly before something better rises from the ashes. Be it V8/10s, no ERS/KERS, DRS, a proper tyre war, genuine testing allowed, relaxed rules. Or a totally new series. But it needs to happen because I feel F1 is now in the territory of the Emperor has no Clothes. Sooner rather than later, people will realize the excitement stopped long ago in this sport.

Yeah man Ive been watching whole tour stages. I was hoping Quintana would get it up the Alpe D' Huez but it wasnt to be. Now THAT is a sport.

Each team gets ago just some may pay others and the sport gets fixed to a certain extent and then fans of certainly teams and manufacturers stay watching and buying the sport.

It's no secret that the 'heritage' teams get bigger slices of revenue and RBR was eventually added in to that plus the Scuderia gets more than anyone. When you are selling a show to TV, if the marquee names are missing you don't have a deal. It reflects their input over time. It's a big boys, big money sport and a highly exclusive club. But, It's what the punters come for - not a procession of computer programmers.

Yeah man Ive been watching whole tour stages. I was hoping Quintana would get it up the Alpe D' Huez but it wasnt to be. Now THAT is a sport.

Yeah it was epic. I'm not even close to suggesting Froome is suspect, but I don't like him. I've not liked Sky at all since the Wiggins era. I can't put my finger on why, it's just a vibe I guess. I was screaming at the TV hoping Quintana could make up the time. At any rate, a great race and yes that was SPORT. Hoping for good things next year for Richie Porte at BMC.

It might not be popular view, but watching Armstrong battle it out with Ullrich, Beloki and others was incredible. I know people love to roast and hate on him, but I personally feel he was still the best of that cheating era. The way he trained was insane, even during Winter when alot of riders were having a break. It didn't all come down to some injections or blood transfusions which is such a shame, because he was best rider anyway. For me, he still won because he brought so many people into the world of the Tour.

Back to F1.

I know Brundle remarked at how exciting the race was, but I'm not so sure. I've never seen so many incidents and penalities. Vettel won so I should be stoked. I'm not. I'm happy for him. Totally shattered for Kimi. This drive would have saved him at Ferrari I feel because it showed how close he was to Vettel in clean air at race pace. Still Arrivabene will find a way to blame Kimi. But it was nice to see and hear Allison saying how sorry he was for Kimi. Take notice Marchionne not of Kimi's result, but how he drove before the car let him down. Hamilton looked very average today, and so did Nico. Anyway, bring on the Champs-Élysées. Go Cavendish!!

Great race - lots of incredibly stupid driving, car failures and Honda get super lucky. Strange JB did not get a call for new boots when FA did. They would have probably pulled 5th and 6th - just. Another pitwall c#ck up or Nando getting special treatment? Seems weird.

Yeah it was epic. I'm not even close to suggesting Froome is suspect, but I don't like him. I've not liked Sky at all since the Wiggins era. I can't put my finger on why, it's just a vibe I guess. I was screaming at the TV hoping Quintana could make up the time. At any rate, a great race and yes that was SPORT. Hoping for good things next year for Richie Porte at BMC.

It might not be popular view, but watching Armstrong battle it out with Ullrich, Beloki and others was incredible. I know people love to roast and hate on him, but I personally feel he was still the best of that cheating era. The way he trained was insane, even during Winter when alot of riders were having a break. It didn't all come down to some injections or blood transfusions which is such a shame, because he was best rider anyway. For me, he still won because he brought so many people into the world of the Tour.

Back to F1.

I know Brundle remarked at how exciting the race was, but I'm not so sure. I've never seen so many incidents and penalities. Vettel won so I should be stoked. I'm not. I'm happy for him. Totally shattered for Kimi. This drive would have saved him at Ferrari I feel because it showed how close he was to Vettel in clean air at race pace. Still Arrivabene will find a way to blame Kimi. But it was nice to see and hear Allison saying how sorry he was for Kimi. Take notice Marchionne not of Kimi's result, but how he drove before the car let him down. Hamilton looked very average today, and so did Nico. Anyway, bring on the Champs-Élysées. Go Cavendish!!

Yeah I don't know about Froome either tbh. But the fact that he was getting dropped on the climb kinda does point to the fact that he's clean. Also he has the strongest team by far dont forget.

Also you realise the only reason he won was because of the 1:33 that Quintana lost on the flat stages due to the wind blowing the peleton apart. Quintana was the quickest in the mountains.

I dont believe in luck, but seriously man, Kimi? You'd have to say that he has bad luck surely. I mean, wtf.

Great race - lots of incredibly stupid driving, car failures and Honda get super lucky. Strange JB did not get a call for new boots when FA did. They would have probably pulled 5th and 6th - just. Another pitwall c#ck up or Nando getting special treatment? Seems weird.

Yeah it was a good race. Guess poor little hammy cant do starts without the engine and his team holding his hand.

I still find it hard to accept a comment from Hammy to his team questioning if Nico moved TWICE which caused Hammy to go off track on the first lap ?????

Honestly WHO would want to be a partner to this guy ??? The guy, Hammy, made a bloody mistake, accept it mate don't try to blame the rest of the field...

I still find it hard to accept a comment from Hammy to his team questioning if Nico moved TWICE which caused Hammy to go off track on the first lap ?????

Honestly WHO would want to be a partner to this guy ??? The guy, Hammy, made a bloody mistake, accept it mate don't try to blame the rest of the field...

Yeah pathetic eh. The F1 World Champion is a fn baby.

Yeah I don't know about Froome either tbh. But the fact that he was getting dropped on the climb kinda does point to the fact that he's clean. Also he has the strongest team by far dont forget.

Also you realise the only reason he won was because of the 1:33 that Quintana lost on the flat stages due to the wind blowing the peleton apart. Quintana was the quickest in the mountains.

I dont believe in luck, but seriously man, Kimi? You'd have to say that he has bad luck surely. I mean, wtf.

Yeah it was a good race. Guess poor little hammy cant do starts without the engine and his team holding his hand.

Quintana is going to win the Tour soon I think. He might need to put a little weight on, but he might also need to leave Movistar for it to happen. Though Valverde was excellent. Probably the best I've ever seen him, and he's been supposedly a tour contender for years now. Contador is done. Stupid to try to do the Giro and Tour in one year. But even if he didn't do the Giro, the few times he attacked on the climbs, it had no bite to it. He's coming towards the end of his career now and I don't see him getting any better at this point. But I've kind of not liked him since he rode off up the Pyrenees seeing Andy Schleck had just had his chain fall off. That was low. I know Nibali did the same supposedly to Froome this year too. But getting back to Quintana -- he looked like Armstrong riding away from Ultrich, or Pantano to me. Great stuff.

I'm not sure either way if Froome is dirty, I mean they are worried enough now to be checking for motors in the frames, but he's more likeable than Wiggins, but I still can't warm to him. He looks really odd on his bike, even his body frame is weird. Very very skinny calves, it's like a giraffe or something lol.

Kimi :(. What a disaster. First his wing comes off in FP, then he has a water pressure problems on Saturday. Then in the race his right camera pod flies off, and then the bloody ERS piece of sh*t fails. He was a lock for a 2nd and I think he probably would have been smiling up on the podium with Vettel. It would have been really nice to see.

Hamilton was ridiculous. I couldn't believe he was even suggesting Nico had something to do with his going off. He mucked up many times. The fact he was so contrite over the radio, whereas in the past he's been rude and aggressive says it all. He knew he was sh*t that day and was at fault for pretty much everything.

Kind of sorry for Nico, more so for the points he lost, rather than not winning the race. He didn't deserve to get that flat tyre from Ricci, but he wasn't good enough for the win either.

Seems to me Ferrari are a bit sharper on the pit wall now. Compare than to Williams in the last race and how badly they managed that affair. Vettel put in a good drive. A bit more pace and Ferrari + Vettel could be in for some good times.

Alonso had puncture so he had to come in! I am not sure if Button had any soft tires !

Alonso had puncture so he had to come in! I am not sure if Button had any soft tires !

I did not hear about that. Source? Thanks anyway.

I did not hear about that. Source? Thanks anyway.

About Alonso it was during the race when team radio said that he was losing pressure in right rear tyre! About Button, ive read it on other forum, so i am not sure if it is correct!

Quintana is going to win the Tour soon I think. He might need to put a little weight on, but he might also need to leave Movistar for it to happen. Though Valverde was excellent. Probably the best I've ever seen him, and he's been supposedly a tour contender for years now. Contador is done. Stupid to try to do the Giro and Tour in one year. But even if he didn't do the Giro, the few times he attacked on the climbs, it had no bite to it. He's coming towards the end of his career now and I don't see him getting any better at this point. But I've kind of not liked him since he rode off up the Pyrenees seeing Andy Schleck had just had his chain fall off. That was low. I know Nibali did the same supposedly to Froome this year too. But getting back to Quintana -- he looked like Armstrong riding away from Ultrich, or Pantano to me. Great stuff.

I'm not sure either way if Froome is dirty, I mean they are worried enough now to be checking for motors in the frames, but he's more likeable than Wiggins, but I still can't warm to him. He looks really odd on his bike, even his body frame is weird. Very very skinny calves, it's like a giraffe or something lol.

Kimi sad.png. What a disaster. First his wing comes off in FP, then he has a water pressure problems on Saturday. Then in the race his right camera pod flies off, and then the bloody ERS piece of sh*t fails. He was a lock for a 2nd and I think he probably would have been smiling up on the podium with Vettel. It would have been really nice to see.

Hamilton was ridiculous. I couldn't believe he was even suggesting Nico had something to do with his going off. He mucked up many times. The fact he was so contrite over the radio, whereas in the past he's been rude and aggressive says it all. He knew he was sh*t that day and was at fault for pretty much everything.

Kind of sorry for Nico, more so for the points he lost, rather than not winning the race. He didn't deserve to get that flat tyre from Ricci, but he wasn't good enough for the win either.

Seems to me Ferrari are a bit sharper on the pit wall now. Compare than to Williams in the last race and how badly they managed that affair. Vettel put in a good drive. A bit more pace and Ferrari + Vettel could be in for some good times.

Yes Quintana will win. He should have won this one. Remarkable given movistar is nowhere near Sky as a team. Contador was tired, and is probably over the hill. How good was it tho? 4 legends going at it, attacks, crashes, team tactics, multiple layers of complexity, the toughest sportmen on the planet giving it everything, pushing their bodies to the absolute limit, cliff edge racing that would result in death if you made a mistake. Nothing beats it. Nothing.

Froome does have an interesting shape and style doesnt he. Must be why he is so good, those legs look like they were designed for cycling.

Kimi is unlucky. There's no two ways about it. It's just indescribable how unlucky that guy is.

Hamilton proved again he's a giant baby. Moaning about Rosberg was bs. Then Rosberg pulls an idiotic move on Dan and destroys his own race and moans about it. Dan pulled a hail mary but he made the corner. Rosberg moved accross on him and did it to himself.