Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

Hungarian Grand Prix

Could guarantee Rosberg would have gave lewis more room than that, it's in this "secret" contract they signed.

Hamilton proved again he's a giant baby. Moaning about Rosberg was bs. Then Rosberg pulls an idiotic move on Dan and destroys his own race and moans about it. Dan pulled a hail mary but he made the corner. Rosberg moved accross on him and did it to himself.

Yeah Dan did pull a hail mary but at least he tried to overtake. Would've been spectacular if he could pull it off! That guy is really future WC

The reason I feel Ricci must take alot of the blame for Nico's puncture is that for that entire corner he was essentially out of control, locked up tyres, smoke everywhere. It was too crazy of a pass when it didn't need to be. Even though he kind of got it together and back on line coming out of the corner, he was too much out of control beforehand.

For arguments sake, you can't banzai a move and spend nearly the entire time out of control, get it all good again and then when an incident immediately happens, profess one's innocence. It doesn't work that way. He should have been more measured and I think would have probably had another good opportunity to try again.

I don't care who it is, I can't stand it when drivers get puncture caused by these BS too wide front wings. I'm over it. It ruins races, even for drivers I dislike. They need to shorten the width of the front wings back to the mid 2000s size. So that even if wheels touch, no one gets a puncture because of it.

Hamilton was a baby. He looked pretty average in the middle of the pack until some laps later he finally started to make some overtakes. It just goes to show how much of an advantage running out in front with clean air gives you doesn't it. He's spent so long out in front, having blue flags waved at everyone, he's almost lost his edge a little. He didn't just make one mistake, he made several.

But he made the corner and nico would've seen he made the corner also. If you see a car dive infront of you, who would just chop accross without looking in the mirrors? If nico couldn't see him, he would've known he was in the area, nico has more experience than that. It was a move out of frustration from nico IMO, he was fine to shut the door but not with that much disregard IMO.

Well I was right about a Redbull on the podium who would have thought both?

Alonso had a puncture wen he put on his hard . Then jb went for a scheduled pitstop for the hard. But when the safety car came alonso immediately put on the softs but jb didnt. If he had he would hv finshed closer to alonso.

Iam pretty sure JB didnt have any softs left, I saw an interview with him saying that his last stop was it because he only had hards left anyway so they went as long as possible.

What I do Think this race shows is that Vettel is not a bad race driver, contrary to what some my say. Like the Ferrari was not the most powerful car on the track and Seb drove a controlled race from start to finish.

Yeah he made the most of that brilliant start. If you can establish a bit of a lead after a few laps around there, you'll be very hard to beat due to the lack of passing opportunities.

One of Vettel's strong points has been when he's in the lead at the start of a race, he's able to make a gap in the first few laps before DRS is enabled to nullify the advantage the following car/s have. He did drive a good race. He didn't have the pace of the Mercs, but he made it count where it mattered.

yep the sign of a deserved world champion

Posted this in the wrong place - doh!

Someone messaged me and asked if I thought there was anyone in F1 currently who was incapable of winning a WDC even in a Merc. There are so many drivers who could have won the WDC during their careers if they had been in the best car. No one won it in a bad car. With the current lot it's the same. Good cars make average drivers look good and bad cars make great drivers look average. Races like Hungary can change a season too - chaos everywhere and Honda come fifth in a shed. The greatest anomaly was the Brawn GP/Button win in 2009. A very good driver got a very good car for the first time in his career and made it count. Ron Dennis can bang on with his logic that only a 'works' team can win WCCs - a customer engine won't do. Well, Brawn disproved that theory in 2009. They were the 'customer' and in effect, McLaren had been the 'works' team since 1995. He does talk a load of rubbish sometimes. The real answer is - there have been teams that have dominated for long periods of time but under the new rules it is the team with the best version of the best engine who is winning. Without testing, freedom to innovate and neutering highly skilled drivers by heaping a multitude of computer tasks on their shoulders, there is no real chance of the tortoises catching the hare anytime soon. If this continues for any length of time, F1 will become a seriously devalued asset for the commercial rights owners. They need to act now or this sport is over for good.

Posted this in the wrong place - doh!

Someone messaged me and asked if I thought there was anyone in F1 currently who was incapable of winning a WDC even in a Merc. There are so many drivers who could have won the WDC during their careers if they had been in the best car. No one won it in a bad car. With the current lot it's the same. Good cars make average drivers look good and bad cars make great drivers look average. Races like Hungary can change a season too - chaos everywhere and Honda come fifth in a shed. The greatest anomaly was the Brawn GP/Button win in 2009. A very good driver got a very good car for the first time in his career and made it count. Ron Dennis can bang on with his logic that only a 'works' team can win WCCs - a customer engine won't do. Well, Brawn disproved that theory in 2009. They were the 'customer' and in effect, McLaren had been the 'works' team since 1995. He does talk a load of rubbish sometimes. The real answer is - there have been teams that have dominated for long periods of time but under the new rules it is the team with the best version of the best engine who is winning. Without testing, freedom to innovate and neutering highly skilled drivers by heaping a multitude of computer tasks on their shoulders, there is no real chance of the tortoises catching the hare anytime soon. If this continues for any length of time, F1 will become a seriously devalued asset for the commercial rights owners. They need to act now or this sport is over for good.

Brawn was a factory team.

No it wasn't, they didnt even know what engine they were going to use as the initial chassis was designed around the Honda power unit. It just so happened the Mercedes engine fit and it worked with the package like a charm.

Thank you, Emmcee - you saved me a post. It does make you wonder how a Merc lump could fit into a Honda-specific engine bay and no one at Woking could figure out the reverse trick with the hybrid when they had an entire season [2014] to do so. Perhaps Japanese tape measures are different smile.png

nah I think it was the BRAINS of both Brawn and his team, as simple as that :-)

Either that or the chassis Honda built was very versatile.

nah I think it was the BRAINS of both Brawn and his team, as simple as that :-)

No, Honda were building that car for 2 years before brawn got hold of it. Either brawn or Honda, that car wouldve won the title reguardless.

correct the Honda/Brawn team who ever used the regulations to the full with the diffuser as simple as that. well done.

on another note I see Hammy showing off MORE of his BLING, tattoos, in another post, Don't he look pretty ?! rotflmfao

They need to act now or this sport is over for good.

I think they're too late. TV audiences and circuit attendances are plummeting, teams finding it even harder to get sponsors, etc.

I've lost interest after 38 years of watching F1 - I stopped watching from Silverstone. My colleague at work persuaded me to watch the Hungary race as it was quote: "the most exciting race in years".... I watched the first quarter and the last 10 laps and found it boring as hell. I admit there was overtaking (which is rare in Hungary) but I think part of the problem is that we have got used to a mediocre show, so easy for a race to stand out....

Too much money, too many controls, too many vested interests.

Grabthaw, I too found it boring. But that view was biased after seeing Kimi get screwed with bad car reliability, but even then that's all I was caring about was hoping Kimi could come second and Vettel get the win. So much happened, Brundle went mental on the broadcast, the papers spewed rubbish calling it epic and thrilling. It wasn't. It was boring, boring, boring. I had no soul, no life, no real excitement. F1 is processional now. The only hope for a race is if Merc stuff sh*t up, then maybe we get a chance of something at least different happening.

Seeing McLaren with no title sponsor is strange. F1 is dying, it's just that Todt and Co., don't realize it.

I've said it many times, but Bernie or whoever needs to get control back of F1 proper. No more happenings where rules are changed by Charlie Whiting because he feels like it. No more situations where nothing happens because there is no unanimous decisions. One man, one group or team, need to be in control and take charge. And I saw today where Bernie said this exact same thing. That basically "democracy" in F1 is not working. The power that Merc have right now is insane. They can say no to anything, and guess what, NOTHING happens, nothing changes. So we watch F1 go down the toilet. And then we don't watch anymore.

What more do people want? That last race In Hungary was brilliant, best race of the season so far. Least we got to watch a few battles and good overtaking for a change. Just because certain drivers didnt finish doesnt make it boring. That's one of the best races we have had in years IMO. Since when did we have a shake up on results like that? For atleast 3 years now, I thought it was entertaining and call me biased but dan made the race even more entertaining, proving he has still got that talent everyone was talking about last year. He had the pace to win the race and if it wasnt for Rosberg in the closing stages forcing and pitstop, I think he very well have may won that race but this is all just my opinion.

What more do people want? That last race In Hungary was brilliant, best race of the season so far. Least we got to watch a few battles and good overtaking for a change. Just because certain drivers didnt finish doesnt make it boring. That's one of the best races we have had in years IMO. Since when did we have a shake up on results like that? For atleast 3 years now, I thought it was entertaining and call me biased but dan made the race even more entertaining, proving he has still got that talent everyone was talking about last year. He had the pace to win the race and if it wasnt for Rosberg in the closing stages forcing and pitstop, I think he very well have may won that race but this is all just my opinion.

It was a procession at the front until it was interrupted by a safety car. Just a whole lot of passing with driver aids and stupid mistakes which you have mistaken for excitement. Plus you are so in love with Dan you have blinkers on, eyebrow22.gif

You have mistaken the depth of enjoyment dan gives me compared to you and every kimi fans obsession. I just give credit when and where credits due reguardless who it is, you should know that by now spiral :)