Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

Ricciardo Vs Kvyat

Who will end up with most points on your opinion? Ricciardo or Kvyat?

I knew Kvyat was a bloody quick driver and it it took till Monaco to really sorta spring to life. He has closed up on Ricciardo in the points and has improved his driven immensely. Although he hasn't had the retirement or issues with the car like Ricciardo, he has done well.

Ricciardo IMO has driven the wheels of his car every race this year. The car is absolute crap and you can tell at times it is actually working well you see glimpses of brilliance, such pure speed and is done so precisely, his overtaking is nothing short of perfect, like Valentino Rossi, Ricciardo is "The Doctor". But IMO it's going to be tough. If reliability and luck goes dans way, he will beat

Kvyat but on the current run of bad luck engine wise, not so sure. If it happens I can't what for the people to come out and go, how much better is Kvyat than both Ricciardo and Vettel as it will happen even though it's plane obvious why Ricciardo lost a 30 point lead.

Kvyat is owning Ricciardo all over the track and dominating him at race weekends. He proves that Vettel had a freak year when he got beaten by Ricciardo and it was an aberration. Even the RedBull owner has panned Ricciardo as the fourth best driver out if his four drivers. Ricciardos career is over.

Ricciardo has has a lot more bad luck though, even Vettel didn't have issues like this last year. Dan would be 15-20+ Points ahead if he had kvyats luck IMO.

Vettel had a lot of bad luck last year, alot. And changing engines before practice and qualy counts as bad luck, not just race incidents. It would be interesting to see how they faired in a breakdown lol, of their breakdowns.

But I do know one thing. Vettel never bagged his team. I'm not saying Ricci has this year, he might or might not have. I get the sense he has. But I have seen him being really peaved off in public and in interviews. Vettel kept a lid on it and was the professional you'd hope all drivers can be. It doesn't mean it's easy to deal with situations like that, but Ricci should not carry on as though he's the only driver to have gone through troubled times. ALL drivers have had to endure it. If you can't handle it, there's always other forms of racing. But the younger drivers are still maturing as people, let alone racing drivers. They will learn in time how to be a pro about it, rather than being sometimes like children.

To be honest I've never heard dan say anything bad, nor did I with Seb. All dan has done is say he won't put up with another year like this year and every driver would want the same thing. He is not as happy as last year and there's a reason for it but I've never heard or seen him carry on. To me he has been quite quiet IMO because don't forget he has been in f1 now since 2011 and drivers in the past who have notched up this type of experience are already talking about the next phase of there careers and hinting on what they would like and deserve while dan has done none of that. He has mentioned he liked Ferrari as a child but who doesn't?

He hasn't just closed up on Dan in the points, he's passed him. I still rate Dan higher and come season end I think he will have more points. I've never thought of Kvyat as anything special at all. He's never had those moments of brilliance which the best drivers pull out of the bag sometimes.

I have, he was right up with vergne at his first outing in f1 although vergne out scored him, IMO he drove better than Magnussen to take my rookie of the year but there wasn't much between Magnussen and kvyat just kevin had a better car.

Dan saying he wouldn't put up with this for another year shows to me short shortsightedness. Button, Alonso, Kimi, even Hamilton have endured less than great cars for years. So who is Ricci to claim one year is one too many for him? Other than his race wins, he's won nothing yet. It's not as though the other drivers are happy in their situations both present and in the past with their bad cars.

The reality is he's going to have to put up with it. That's life. That's F1. And unless you're in a top seat, it comes with the show. So he should have known this already. By saying it aloud it shows he's not handling it as well as you'd think maybe. Vettel never said that. Even the Emperor never said that, well at least not until he left a team lol

It was said the same time all this bottas/Ricciardo to Ferrari nonsense was going on, maybe it was said to put his foot in the door if any moves were going to be made, who knows.

Yeah I recall that too. But I think publicly he should not have said that. That's a job for his manager to deal with in private. How do you think RBR felt hearing that? It's not as though they are happy with the crap engines they have this year or last year and they can't do anything about it. So if Ricci can't even endure one whole year, actually only half a season before saying something like this, why would RBR then feel he's a driver they can invest on and count on. Naturally any and all drivers want to drive for Ferrari, but he's got to earn it properly. And his attitude and voicing him saying he couldn't handle another year like this only hurts him. Why would a team then take him on, for a 3 year rebuilding project when they know he's going to be over it by half season lol.

Even the Emperor never said that, well at least not until he left a team lol

Not so,

the emperor is abit of the exception, he started his whining 3rd year into his tenure....

Yeah I recall that too. But I think publicly he should not have said that. That's a job for his manager to deal with in private. How do you think RBR felt hearing that? It's not as though they are happy with the crap engines they have this year or last year and they can't do anything about it. So if Ricci can't even endure one whole year, actually only half a season before saying something like this, why would RBR then feel he's a driver they can invest on and count on. Naturally any and all drivers want to drive for Ferrari, but he's got to earn it properly. And his attitude and voicing him saying he couldn't handle another year like this only hurts him. Why would a team then take him on, for a 3 year rebuilding project when they know he's going to be over it by half season lol.

Probably got spun like everything else, dan probably said "we won't accept another year like this one" and it was spun to make the headline story as I do remember that's what actually got my attention on this. At the end of the day, they all want to win every race they enter, if you ask any driver would you like to run around at the back or not be in f1 at all, I think I know what most would say. Heck if I was lapped 20x during a race, least I was driving.

If it was spun fair enough. If Ricci did say it however, then really he's done himself harm one could argue because it shows impatience.

No one wants to race a car that's behind the others. But the Schu was a great example of how he and his awesome team turned around Ferrari. Before that they were a joke for a number of years. But it took lots of hard work, patience, engine blowups and all in between. Can you honestly see Ricci doing that? Or does he simply want to step into a Merc and then start winning races without putting in the proper hard yards to help achieve it I wonder.

Same could be said about Vettel to though, he joined in 2009 and imediatly started winning, was that the result of the ground breaking work webber and DC put in to build redbull up? Who knows, where do you honestly see dan driving for in the future? IMO I think he will stay at redbull for a while, just can't see him in red or grey.

I don't see him anywhere else in the meantime. He's not going to Merc. Ferrari maybe, who knows really who they are going to go with. At this stage I think Gutierrez is as good a bet as Bottas, and you know he's not going to cause any stink at the team. Bottas isn't putting in the performances for me. Williams? He really doesn't have many options than to stay where he's at. And RBR are a fantastic team regardless of how bad the Renault enginers are, so he can't really complain about things. Red Bull are one of the best sports sponsorship companies in the world. Just look at all the cool sports and activities they sponsor. If it's not Merc or Ferrari, then stay put, that's my view.

Oh right silly me lol. DC Shoes are up there for awesome sport sponsorship as well as Monster. But RBR is the clear winner of those 3.

I always laugh when people in the past have put down RBR with that "they're only a drink company" insult. It's not really an insult when "only a drink company" was kicking their asses for 4 straight years lol. You'd think people would go hang on a minute, the car makers are being beaten by a drink can hahaha.

It would be great to see Pepsi or Coke sponsoring a team. Who doesn't recall in fondness the 7-Up car.

I don't see him anywhere else in the meantime. He's not going to Merc. Ferrari maybe, who knows really who they are going to go with. At this stage I think Gutierrez is as good a bet as Bottas, and you know he's not going to cause any stink at the team. Bottas isn't putting in the performances for me. Williams? He really doesn't have many options than to stay where he's at. And RBR are a fantastic team regardless of how bad the Renault enginers are, so he can't really complain about things. Red Bull are one of the best sports sponsorship companies in the world. Just look at all the cool sports and activities they sponsor. If it's not Merc or Ferrari, then stay put, that's my view.

Yeah, well said.

Oh right silly me lol. DC Shoes are up there for awesome sport sponsorship as well as Monster. But RBR is the clear winner of those 3.

I always laugh when people in the past have put down RBR with that "they're only a drink company" insult. It's not really an insult when "only a drink company" was kicking their asses for 4 straight years lol. You'd think people would go hang on a minute, the car makers are being beaten by a drink can hahaha.

It would be great to see Pepsi or Coke sponsoring a team. Who doesn't recall in fondness the 7-Up car.

Ohh I do, p7 on debut at spa in 91 after first ever qualifying sessions. To bad he burned the clutch out at Eau rouge on Sunday on the first lap, who knows what might have been.

He is the best if you consider what it took to gegt there, a lot harder for an Aussie to get into f1 than a European and to do as well as he has so far even better than Vettel IMO. I must say though iam finding myself taking a liking to Seb more and more. Seems this Ferrari change has done wonders for his attitude also.

He is the best if you consider what it took to gegt there, a lot harder for an Aussie to get into f1 than a European and to do as well as he has so far even better than Vettel IMO. I must say though iam finding myself taking a liking to Seb more and more. Seems this Ferrari change has done wonders for his attitude also.

Vettel has'nt changed one bit... ppl just got the wrong impression of him

Vettel has'nt changed one bit... ppl just got the wrong impression of him

Ohh bs, he has done a complete backflip IMO. But that's my opinion.

Go visit James Allens website WebRic. There are plenty of posts about people saying actually Vettel hasn't changed, it's simply peoples perception of it. These fans who hated him during RBR are now cheering for him. It happens. I hated the Schu with a passion. Yet when he came back to F1 with Merc I was rooting for him.