Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

Singapore Grand Prix

What different was this incident than the one involving Schumacher and frentzen in the 1998 Canadian Grand Prix? Nothing and yet schumi got grilled for it and schumi said he couldn't see frentzen yet Massa and hulk saw each other and it still happened. Bit inconsistent. I felt hulk had the racing line and the speed and momentum. It was always going to end in tears if massa didn't get out quicker or just lift of and let hulk by.

This isn't the first time Verstappen has been a prat this year. He's got alot of growing up to do. Yes I think Hulk must take some blame. I mean we are talking about Massa here... MASSA! But still he did reveal he saw him. Thus he must take some of the blame. 50/50 is ok with me. But seeing he got a 3 grid demotion for the next race whilst the race was still live was silly. Aren't the stewards supposed to give the drivers a chance to argue their case? Odd.

Clean weekend for Kimi yes. He even smiled too lol. Allison said he felt Kimi's car was sliding a bit more than Vettels. Still 3rd place is a good result.

Yeah kimi did very well and kept and the back of dan until the first stop and last set of tyres just didn't seem to work for him did they?

Bit alarming though that when Vettel put the hammer down and showed how much pace he still had, Kimi was actually dropping back further behind Dan. Probably due to tyres admittedly.

Bit alarming though that when Vettel put the hammer down and showed how much pace he still had, Kimi was actually dropping back further behind Dan. Probably due to tyres admittedly.

I surely hope it's turning point and Vettel can fight for the championship, but I think it was just a once-off with Merc struggling at this specific track....

Yea Singapore is a very unique circuit in the f1 calendar, I'd be shocked if normal service isn't resumed in Japan. There's a long straight past the pits, and another one leading into 130R - so Lewis is gona win.

Suzuka is a circuit that favours good aero as well. I also hope that this is a turning point, there is still heaps of points on offer, few dnfs and it will shake everything up.

Allison touched on this in a post race interview. Kimi was keeping up ok but a sliding rear end and degradation started to kick in. Vettel had plenty in the tank it looked like. I'm sure he could have stretched out a big lead. Kimi did ok. Not fantastic, but solid. Not sure how or why he ended up with a less happy rear end, but Allison commented they could see that at pitwall as well.

Regardless, it's great to see Kimi upping his game and racing a bit more consistently at the front these days. We all want to see him up there

Yeah it was but its still wasn't a trouble free run was it? Had tyre issues towards the end and a loose rear end, but he still brought it home, he had no where near the pace Seb had though.

Kimi's actually had a fairly solid year of racing on track. Hungary was a 2nd place lost due to the ERS. Montreal was that weird technical spin. Monza he stuffed up his start, but I think 3rd was achievable considering how great a drive he put in from last. Austria was another weird one too. Some where his fault like Monza and others he's been adamant were not. That's doesn't really matter at this point. What does is on track he's been ok. And could easily be higher up the points at this point of the season. I hope he keeps up the performances as it's nice to see him getting the results finally.

He looks a lot more comfortable now he has his contract stitched up that's for sure. He still wants to do it because I remember he was playing tough earlier when all the talk started by saying he would just leave f1 for good if Ferrari dropped him. Then it turned into, kimi might drive for someone else, now the deal has been done and he can focus on racing, he looks a lot comfortable.

Yeah I'm sure that was a weight on his mind. But having said that he still was doing ok before the contract extension. I mean Austria was a lock-in for 2nd, and then his car blows on him. Maybe the luck is back on his side finally.

His approach seems a little different. Incidents like Austria IMO started to look like he was getting desperate for results and just simply trying to hard or over aggressive, which is not kimis style. Now he seems back to his old self to an extent:

Austria was an ERS failure. Aggressive or otherwise, F1 cars today aren't like the ones from the past where you could wreck it. The only way a driver can wreck their car now is to put it in the wall or cause a puncture by touching a wing.

True but what ever it is, it has seemed to have sorted out that qualifying issue that has been causing the bad results. We all knew if he could just get that lap together on the Saturday, he would be strong on Sunday and in Singapore it proved ti be just the case.

I just hope that a dnf at Singapore for Hammy gets into his brain and upsets his prima donna persona

One bad weekend and Mercedes are already upset. Toto has gone as far as questioning weather Mercedes received the same tyres as everyone else in Singapore.

True rodders. Hamilton has gone total conspiracy there challenging others to explain why Merc were so off the pace. Seriously Hamilton has dominated for a year and a half and one bad weekend combined with engine failure only shows once again how fragile he really is lol. Bring on Suzuka. Here's hoping Ferrari once again surprise and Hamilton goes even more mental.

Over the weekend it seemed to me that Lewis took it really well, and promised to fight back, whereas Nico looked totally forlorn after the race. I suppose it was his 1 opportunity to make up some points, and in normal circumstances he'd be 2nd and inherit the win. I wouldn't be too down if I was them, they'll be back on the front row this weekend no doubt.

It wasn't Hamilton, it was toto Wolff who is throwing around the conspiracy theories. There just getting to c#cky IMO, they see how much they win by each time and even when they go to circuits that a known to be good circuits for either redbull or Ferrari (Singapore for eg) they still think they will be miles ahead. They simply got caught out by Ferrari and to a lesser extent redbull. They were starting to get a tad complacent IMO and now Vettel has a sniff. He is going to be so strong at Suzuka IMO, maybe even redbull also but I think Hamilton and Mercedes have to start to seriously take Ferrari and Vettel as a serious threat as of now, no more games. They need to get nico to start helping Lewis now I think as Vettel will pass rosberg in the standings and will possible eat more into Lewis's lead also.

Yes Toto was throwing around the theories, but Hamilton specifically challenged the press, his team, anyone to explain what occurred and why they were so far off the pace. It might just be that they were outplayed, but it does smell of c#ckiness. IN the vein that they must truly feel they are untouchable at this point.

Yes Vettel is a threat. Nico is useless. I was so hoping he'd clinch the title last year, but this year he's invisible. He won't be helping Hamilton. He's settled in to the somewhat Webber role, except Webber was better at his role as he genuinely pushed Vettel. Hamilton is beating Nico half asleep and with blond hair of his own. The nerve!

Yes Toto was throwing around the theories, but Hamilton specifically challenged the press, his team, anyone to explain what occurred and why they were so far off the pace. It might just be that they were outplayed, but it does smell of c#ckiness. IN the vein that they must truly feel they are untouchable at this point.

Yes Vettel is a threat. Nico is useless. I was so hoping he'd clinch the title last year, but this year he's invisible. He won't be helping Hamilton. He's settled in to the somewhat Webber role, except Webber was better at his role as he genuinely pushed Vettel. Hamilton is beating Nico half asleep and with blond hair of his own. The nerve!

I didn't realise Lewis did that, agree with the rest of your post.