Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

Singapore Grand Prix

Britney was a far different and better driver last year. Now he seems like a beaten dog. No fire, no oomph. I'm convinced whatever hammer the team brought down on him after Spa last year changed him mentally. He's never been the same. Before Spa, he actually did deserve to win the Championship.

Yeah your right there monkey. He has shown the occasional weekend where he is almost unbeatable but that's compared to almost every weekend his team mate does it. Nico would've known as soon as Lewis came into the team that he would be struggling to match him. It's been like that through there entire careers. In karting Lewis 90% of the time would beat nico and if Lewis didn't win he would finish ahead of nico as well so it was the same back then.

Britney was a far different and better driver last year. Now he seems like a beaten dog. No fire, no oomph. I'm convinced whatever hammer the team brought down on him after Spa last year changed him mentally. He's never been the same. Before Spa, he actually did deserve to win the Championship.

Not actually KM, remember Lewis had his fair share of dnf's and bad luck

Nah Nico was bullet proof until the final stages of the season. He was only leading the WDC at mid point thanks to Lewis DNFs or quali mistakes, but he was still a slower driver just like he is now

Slow has worked in the past. I mean Alonso won in 2005 by playing it safe. Nico won't get another chance like he did last year. He will go into the books as an also ran, a nearly there, but not quite.

See situations like this always make it look much worse than it is, I mean think about it. If Nico had any other driver as a teammate, he probably would have been champion, same case when it comes to Vettel and webber, if webber had any other driver with the exception of a couple, he probably would have had the success to. It all comes down to what you always carry on about monkey and that's timing. Signing for a team at this time and this driver is your teammate and blah blah blah, it's fate or destiny or whatever. It's just how that drivers decisions have led him to that circumstance. I bet Nico thought he would crush Lewis after how he handled Michael.

Just goes to show how much Schumi had dropped since his 'first' career, as he was no match for Nico during their time together, bar that one stupendous qualifying session in the 2012 Monaco GP.

Yeah, that one lap, he did in 3 years. Sad when he did that in every practice session,qualy,race weekend over the whole season for the any years he did, he lost a lot didn't he? There has only ever been one athlete in the history of all sports, that was able to retire and come back even better and that was Michael Jordan.

Kimi 2009 at the back end of that season was epic.

If the Schu had stayed only one more year, he would have been winning races, and who knows he may have beaten Nico over a season. But he wouldn't have known that, when he called time on his second career. For all he knew, the Merc would still be a next gen Toyota basically. Qualify fast and fall off the face of the earth in under 10 laps. But had he stayed, oh boy, we all know despite him being rusty and maybe not quite as on it, he didn't forget how to drive. He would have won plenty of races.

I guess all it took was an illegal tyre test, and then bam, the wins just kept coming for Merc.