Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

Vettel On 2014

Here Vettel admits dan beat him fair and square last year and to hear that should put more merit in dans bag. But like I mentioned before, this Ferrari move has changed Vettel and iam starting to like his more mature attitude, I beleive it has more to do with fatherhood IMO.

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/view/539194/I_simply_wasnt_good_enough_in_2014__Vettel/

You left out the part where Vettel said he was beating Ricci at times as well. Yes he completely admitted Ricci beat him fair and square, but he also touched on his having only 1 testing day etc. as well. That's not excuses, I think it just all added up to how not so great his year was. Thus it wasn't totally Ricci that beat him. The circumstances played their part as well.

Horner said tonight before the race that Vettel left RBR because of how bad the Renault engine was. This was a discussion on the time frame required for them to get a new engine for next year. It's basically Ferrari or bust at this point. Utterly insane when you think a team like RBR could be out of an engine.

That redbull is the best chassis out there still IMO it's just the engine that's causing all the harm and both Ferrari and Mercedes know that if redbull make up the power deficit with whatever engine they end up with (if they do) there is a strong chance they will as competitive as the precious era. That's what I make out of it, unless they have pi$$ed to many people off, who knows.

You left out the part where Vettel said he was beating Ricci at times as well. Yes he completely admitted Ricci beat him fair and square, but he also touched on his having only 1 testing day etc. as well. That's not excuses, I think it just all added up to how not so great his year was. Thus it wasn't totally Ricci that beat him. The circumstances played their part as well.

Horner said tonight before the race that Vettel left RBR because of how bad the Renault engine was. This was a discussion on the time frame required for them to get a new engine for next year. It's basically Ferrari or bust at this point. Utterly insane when you think a team like RBR could be out of an engine.

I will add 2 more factors that certainly have affected Vettel personally...

1. Fatherhood

2. Webber mentioned last year that Vettel was pschologically affected with his fallen hero ''Schumacher" in that fallen state. It had a profound affect on him.

Not to take anything away from Dan who performed brilliantly last year, but as we can see with what happened this year, circumstances does play it part

I thought you said Vettel hasn't changed? Webber said that he and Seb get along now, has webbers perception of Vettel changed to? Lol no, Vettel has just finally grown up.

I thought you said Vettel hasn't changed? Webber said that he and Seb get along now, has webbers perception of Vettel changed to? Lol no, Vettel has just finally grown up.

No, they were in a competitive environment as teammates and Webber could'nt see past his nose. Vettel has'nt changed one bit, I don't understand how you can deduce what I said here about fatherhood and seeing Schumacher in his fallen state how he changed personality-wise. He just drives for the red team now in red overalls but basically exactly the same. It's your perception however, that has changed...

No, they were in a competitive environment as teammates and Webber could'nt see past his nose. Vettel has'nt changed one bit, I don't understand how you can deduce what I said here about fatherhood and seeing Schumacher in his fallen state how he changed personality-wise. He just drives for the red team now in red overalls but basically exactly the same. It's your perception however, that has changed...

Why has my perception change? Because what you think is correct? It's my opinion, I wouldn't dare say someone's opinion is wrong as it's just that, an opinion.

Why has my perception change? Because what you think is correct? It's my opinion, I wouldn't dare say someone's opinion is wrong as it's just that, an opinion.

Yes, you are of course entitled to yer opinion...

There's lots of guys, especially reading the James Allen comments section, who has now suddenly warmed to Vettel because he drives for Ferrari. They admit however, like me, that he has'nt changed, it's just seeing him in those red overalls and being back to his best. Or maybe it's the fact that Merc is dominating like they do...

But he is still that same competitive animal who just thrives to win at all cost, just read my signature...

Iam not saying his determination is any different, no way. He just comes across less arrogant and self entitled IMO. Maybe it's because he is finally where he wants to be,fatherhood and schumi would all add to this also with just simply growing up. Also being in this new and relaxed environment has helped a lot, when webber was there, there was always tension in the team and each driver always on the back foot having to defend certain actions. Last season he had to content with car issues as well as not even winning a race while watching his new team mate take 3. That would have hit Seb hard mentally and there is no denying that but he has used this change of teams as a fresh start and build even higher and that's exactly what has happened. Now things seem rosy there he seems to me to have matured abit, only time will tell but the way he drove in Singapore was a masterclass. He knew what he had to do the whole way through, when to bunch to pack,when to gas it, he didn't put a foot wrong all race. Read this hear people and I say this with all honesty, Vettel this season has reminded me so much of schumi in 96 and I say this after seeing what I saw last night, I can now officially say IMO that Sebastian Vettel simply did a better job than mark webber. I still feel mark didn't have exactly the same machinery but at the end of the day, for Vettel to switch after a year like last and take of this year like he has, has solidified him in my book as one of the best ever.

Iam not saying his determination is any different, no way. He just comes across less arrogant and self entitled IMO. Maybe it's because he is finally where he wants to be,fatherhood and schumi would all add to this also with just simply growing up. Also being in this new and relaxed environment has helped a lot, when webber was there, there was always tension in the team and each driver always on the back foot having to defend certain actions. Last season he had to content with car issues as well as not even winning a race while watching his new team mate take 3. That would have hit Seb hard mentally and there is no denying that but he has used this change of teams as a fresh start and build even higher and that's exactly what has happened. Now things seem rosy there he seems to me to have matured abit, only time will tell but the way he drove in Singapore was a masterclass. He knew what he had to do the whole way through, when to bunch to pack,when to gas it, he didn't put a foot wrong all race. Read this hear people and I say this with all honesty, Vettel this season has reminded me so much of schumi in 96 and I say this after seeing what I saw last night, I can now officially say IMO that Sebastian Vettel simply did a better job than mark webber. I still feel mark didn't have exactly the same machinery but at the end of the day, for Vettel to switch after a year like last and take of this year like he has, has solidified him in my book as one of the best ever.

nice postthbup.gif

We have to remember he has his friend Kimi as his teammate but I think he will be just as ruthless to the Kimster if need be on track...

I honestly don't think it would ever come to that. I think kimi wouldn't be as hot headed as mark and would see the benefit for Seb as well as Ferrari, I think kimi wouldn't hesitate to move over, it's not exactly a secret, we all know he is number 2 to Seb and he does to, it would never happen IMO.

I can also see Vettel moving aside for Kimi for a race win too. Not every race mind you, but I can totally see Seb doing that for Kimi if he was in a position to do so and the Championship was out of reach. It was good to see them both on the podium. Kimi was his usual "not happy" self lol. But he's had a smile on his face and from all the comments and things I've heard from both of them, Ferrari is back to being a happy place. A place The Emporer could never exist in. He has to surround himself with dour, unhappy people, with dark depressing days that stretch on into months and years.

I will laugh for a month straight if he gets a ride at RBR/Ferrari. It will prove once and for all his words are hollow. Wanting to build a team from the ground up, yada yada yada, when all he's doing is biding his time until a better car/drive comes along. He did that with Renault 2.0 after leaving McLaren. So he's certainly got it in him to BS the people around him. Heck it came out last year he was trying to hit up RBR and Merc for drives, all the while saying how he loved Ferrari and such.

... you guys notice the lack of coverage for Vettel's total number of F1 race wins now? It got mentioned once during the Sky broadcast. But I've heard it at least a dozen times when it comes to Lewis and Aryton's record. And Vettel goes ahead and ruins Hamilton's party and no one makes a fuss about it. Had it been Hamilton for the win, we'd still be hearing how he's now an all time great, public Holidays and Knighthoods galore to follow. But radio silence for Vettel taking win #42 lol.

I can also see Vettel moving aside for Kimi for a race win too. Not every race mind you, but I can totally see Seb doing that for Kimi if he was in a position to do so and the Championship was out of reach. It was good to see them both on the podium. Kimi was his usual "not happy" self lol. But he's had a smile on his face and from all the comments and things I've heard from both of them, Ferrari is back to being a happy place. A place The Emporer could never exist in. He has to surround himself with dour, unhappy people, with dark depressing days that stretch on into months and years.

I will laugh for a month straight if he gets a ride at RBR/Ferrari. It will prove once and for all his words are hollow. Wanting to build a team from the ground up, yada yada yada, when all he's doing is biding his time until a better car/drive comes along. He did that with Renault 2.0 after leaving McLaren. So he's certainly got it in him to BS the people around him. Heck it came out last year he was trying to hit up RBR and Merc for drives, all the while saying how he loved Ferrari and such.

... you guys notice the lack of coverage for Vettel's total number of F1 race wins now? It got mentioned once during the Sky broadcast. But I've heard it at least a dozen times when it comes to Lewis and Aryton's record. And Vettel goes ahead and ruins Hamilton's party and no one makes a fuss about it. Had it been Hamilton for the win, we'd still be hearing how he's now an all time great, public Holidays and Knighthoods galore to follow. But radio silence for Vettel taking win #42 lol.

HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEEHEHEHEHEHEEH

Yeah what is this alonso redbull crap going on? Surely this is not another case of musical chairs.

The Emporer doesn't play musical chairs. He simply has his guards shoot the contestants and then sits in any chair he likes!

It's surely clear by now that Alonso is not a man of his word. Thus he will change teams as often as he likes if he can get out of his contract. But I doubt Ron will let him go. In fact he'd keep him to spite him if need be. And so they should. They are paying him a bucketload because he agreed to a 3 year re-building project. Year 1 has been difficult. That's what's supposed to happen! Why is he or anyone else surprised. The only surprise would be if in year 3 they are still in this same situation. Thus frustration and all that is irrelevant. If he couldn't commit to 3 years of hard work, then he's a fraud because he's signed a contract to say he will commit to this task.

I can't see RBR getting rid of Ricci just yet. And Kvyat is doing very well. Thus it could be a total rumour or Alonso has tasked his agent with spreading rumours to try and see if anyone pays attention.

Just remember he DID contact Red Bull and Mercedes for a drive in the last few years. And he was offered the seat at Red Bull before they started dominating. Truth be told, up until now he's had terrible instincts when speculating on which team will be a front runner. So much so that often a team does better after he leaves. Why is that? Because of the team environment being happier and more settled now that he's gone, or because he was impatient and didn't stick it out. His move to McLaren in 2007 is probably the only clear front runner for a winning car in a team he's just moved to.

It's all bs bro, it all came to light just because he was seen walking out there motorhome. So what.

The Emporer doesn't play musical chairs. He simply has his guards shoot the contestants and then sits in any chair he likes!

It's surely clear by now that Alonso is not a man of his word. Thus he will change teams as often as he likes if he can get out of his contract. But I doubt Ron will let him go. In fact he'd keep him to spite him if need be. And so they should. They are paying him a bucketload because he agreed to a 3 year re-building project. Year 1 has been difficult. That's what's supposed to happen! Why is he or anyone else surprised. The only surprise would be if in year 3 they are still in this same situation. Thus frustration and all that is irrelevant. If he couldn't commit to 3 years of hard work, then he's a fraud because he's signed a contract to say he will commit to this task.

I can't see RBR getting rid of Ricci just yet. And Kvyat is doing very well. Thus it could be a total rumour or Alonso has tasked his agent with spreading rumours to try and see if anyone pays attention.

Just remember he DID contact Red Bull and Mercedes for a drive in the last few years. And he was offered the seat at Red Bull before they started dominating. Truth be told, up until now he's had terrible instincts when speculating on which team will be a front runner. So much so that often a team does better after he leaves. Why is that? Because of the team environment being happier and more settled now that he's gone, or because he was impatient and didn't stick it out. His move to McLaren in 2007 is probably the only clear front runner for a winning car in a team he's just moved to.

You put it so delicately, like the emperor ACTUALLY have some moral values...., well, kudos to you for thinking that

Lmao kimi fans just need to get over 2014 that's all I can say. Though I can sympathise as Iam still dirty over the Vettel webber scenario.