Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

Perez To Lotus/renault 2016

I thought Checo himself had been saying in recent weeks that it's only a matter of time before his new contract with Force India is announced...? So who will replace him there? Renault 2016 doesn't look good. It'll still be Lotus under the skin but with their best driver gone. I don't rate Checo as highly as Romain, by some margin.

This drama of Renault and previoulsy Quantum taking over Lotus during these past few years is beyond a farce. I've mentioned it a few times, if Renault do eventually buy out Lotus it will not be for $60m considering how much Lotus owe their creditors and suppliers. They need Maldonado's money badly. Renault have never been this cheapa$$, so that's a big clue they are not buying out Lotus at this point.

I was so confident Maldonado would be gone from F1 by now lol. But money talks. Perez has some hefty sponsors so we might be stuck with him for awhile.

Renault need to clean house bigtime starting from the top down to the drivers if they do buyout Lotus. Keep the engineers and start new. Get new drivers, and we can finally be rid of the smell that Lotus has turned into.

Sergio Perez and Pastor Maldonado as team mates, yeah doesn't that sound like a receptive for disaster, would FI put the Merc tester in the role, the German driver who looks like Lewis a bit, he might be the hot tip, either him or K-Mag I guess

Lol probably Sutil again. He always ends up in a force India seat some how.

Renault make their anticipated comeback to F1 with a lineup of Perez and Maldonado lol. WTF. No chance. Renault don't need either of those drivers, let alone their money. I just can't see this occurring to be honest. Lotus a shady dump of a team known for shady deals with shady employees and shady owners, taking on the two drivers who bring the most amount of sponsorship to the table. That doesn't' sound like Renault to me at all, but it does sound very Lotusey.

It's funny, in a recent interview I read about Mark Webber, he said f1 has "lost its way" and there were quite a few drivers who didn't belong on the grid based of there actual talent or skill or results previously. He was hesitant to name names, but the one and only name he did say was Maldonado. DC made a point during the race on the weekend, that pastor has so much sponsorship because he is guaranteed a decent amount of TV footage during a Grand Prix. Thought that was pretty funny.

Well it's official. Perez stays put at Force India. They are a good team and consistent.

Maldonado is a running joke. He's not as bad as he used to be, but he's never gotten any better. A total waste of a F1 seat. I was under the impression once when that lunatic Chavez died that all sponsorship would cease for international sports people. Guess that didn't happen. Magnussen would be a better choice than him even if he brings less money to the table. Seeing as how McLaren have left him out to dry he needs a seat. I wonder if he willfully allowed his seat to be taken by Button, with a promise he'd get it back. If so, I bet he totally regrets it. I know I would.

Well I read an article a few months back that said Magnussen would try indycar if he didn't get an f1 seat next year. Yeah I would agree, I would take Magnussen over Maldonado also, he is a laughing stock, he doesn't even have the respect of the drivers in the race community. How does he expect people to take him serious and try to become fans if his fellow drivers don't respect him? He has to fix that and the only way to do it, is not be so friggin stupid behind the wheel.