Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

Kimi And 2015 So Far.

Well as many will know Iam not really a Kimi fan, but I do respect his talent and what he has achieved. Let's face it, he got demolished last year and the results he achieved were far below what we all expected. Let's now move onto 2015, Sebastian Vettel has come in and took over basically and won so far 3 races and a pole position. The point Iam trying to make here is, Kimi has been overshadowed on what IMO has been an incredible improvement on results compared to last season. I was looking through last seasons race results and qualifying results and Kimi rarely popped up in the top 10, this year he has been super consistent. Scoring very good points on a regular basis compared to last seasons misery, I feel he has been the quiet achiever and as we all know he wasn't really going to beat Seb, he has done a fantastic job of backing him up like a superb number 2. Dispite those incidents in Canada,Austria and silverstone, he has gotten on top of his qualifying issues and started delivering very good consistant results. So when you look at this years results compared to last season, he has improved drastically, totally different driver. This is a classic case of "points don't tell the story" so Ferrari had no better option and now looking at how much he has improved this season, they would've been stupid to drop him. I just want people out there (I was one before doing the research) who think Kimi is over the hill and needs bottas to replace him, look at the 2014 season as a whole compared to this season as a whole up to now. You will shut up if you know anything about the sport.

Points don't tell a full story that is correct. I think in terms of feeling comfortable, Kimi is a lot more settled in the car. Allison has mentioned this also. Alonso has gone thus removing a force that seems to suck the soul out of a race team. Alonso will destroy McLaren before leaving. That's what he does. Most of us here all inferred it would happen. Seems he's on track to repeat what he's famous for. That is only magnified by how good Ferrari as a team have been this year. It clearly has affected Alonso because we've had plenty of sound bites from him in the press this year. Why talk about your old team so much!? He seems to be.

At any rate, Ferrari whilst not being able to flat out beat Merc, have made massive improvements. Whether this is engine or Allisons plans and vision coming into the fray I don't know. But I hope they keep it up for next year. Kimi is doing excellent and you're right WebRic, not many here honestly thought or voiced their view Vettel would be beaten by Kimi. But he's doing very well now and is clearly the best option for the seat next year. Bottas is invisible to me basically. He might never get the upgrade to Ferrari at the rate he is progressing.

Whilst I am super happy Kimi will be around for 2016, I secretly hope he will have a great season nest year. One that you can retire on a high, or if he feels like it, go another year or 2 more.

At the rate he has improved since last season and if development of the 2016 car swings into kimis favour, then victories would have to be on the cards. As for alonso and Mclaren, I honestly think they will get there, I think they will win and challenge for the championship but certain scenarios have to take place first before for that to happen, like a engine rule change. Mclaren are winners and will always be winners, you never forget how to win, just certain things stop you from time to time.

Its getting boring to keep having the same conversations again and again. Its never ending. I ll say one thing though you kimi fans keep hoping that he will achieve great things and me as an alonso fan hope that he will get that much eluded championship. Hope is all we need.

Its getting boring to keep having the same conversations again and again. Its never ending. I ll say one thing though you kimi fans keep hoping that he will achieve great things and me as an alonso fan hope that he will get that much eluded championship. Hope is all we need.

Alonso needs more than hope.

Ajay how is hoping for a driver that one supports anything other than being positive? NOT a single soul here is posting saying they think Kimi has another Championship in him. All anyone is realistically hoping for is a few more wins, some great performances and for him to leave the sport on a high. That's achievable and being realistic.

This is not directed at you Ajay, but some Alonso supporters think Alonso has a few more Championships in him. I can't see it ever happening. Maybe in another category of motorsport, but not in F1. He's had a good run. He's won, he's lost, he's got incredibly wealthy and it seems become a grump because of it all.

Alonso's time has passed, just as Kimi's time has passed. It's far more realistic to hope and think race wins and some nice performances on the track can happen. Even if just to show fans of other drives how great these drivers were in the past.

Solid but unspectacular. He has improved, and he is doing a solid job as number 2, but this is Kimi Raikkonen we're talking about, a former champ and on sky-high salary because of his status and former achievements. Anything other than being equal-top-dog in a team is a disappointment with his reputation, but that's just me.

Ajay how is hoping for a driver that one supports anything other than being positive? NOT a single soul here is posting saying they think Kimi has another Championship in him. All anyone is realistically hoping for is a few more wins, some great performances and for him to leave the sport on a high. That's achievable and being realistic.

This is not directed at you Ajay, but some Alonso supporters think Alonso has a few more Championships in him. I can't see it ever happening. Maybe in another category of motorsport, but not in F1. He's had a good run. He's won, he's lost, he's got incredibly wealthy and it seems become a grump because of it all.

Alonso's time has passed, just as Kimi's time has passed. It's far more realistic to hope and think race wins and some nice performances on the track can happen. Even if just to show fans of other drives how great these drivers were in the past.

Exactly.

Solid but unspectacular. He has improved, and he is doing a solid job as number 2, but this is Kimi Raikkonen we're talking about, a former champ and on sky-high salary because of his status and former achievements. Anything other than being equal-top-dog in a team is a disappointment with his reputation, but that's just me.

He is doing the best he can possibly do. Obviously Seb has found something that works better for him than Kimi but he has been "unspectacular" because he has been overlooked due to the solid performances Seb has put in. He is a solid number 2 and after last year, I think the way he has improved should not go unnoticed, totally different driver IMO.

Koolmonkey, i am hoping alonso would get another championship because thats wat he is still aiming for and i feel he has still got the pace for it. If he didnt think he couldnt fight for championships he wudnt have left Ferrari. He was paid 26mn $ and was the lead driver for ferrari. Yes i agree , as of now things are not looking bright at Mclaren Honda. Who knows what could happen next year or in 2017 wen the regulation changes. Thats why i said i am hoping for the best.

Thats mclarens best bet, 2017. I reckon they'll improve a bit for next year, but nowhere near back to the front. But a new set of design regs always shakes up the order.

Koolmonkey, i am hoping alonso would get another championship because thats wat he is still aiming for and i feel he has still got the pace for it. If he didnt think he couldnt fight for championships he wudnt have left Ferrari. He was paid 26mn $ and was the lead driver for ferrari. Yes i agree , as of now things are not looking bright at Mclaren Honda. Who knows what could happen next year or in 2017 wen the regulation changes. Thats why i said i am hoping for the best.

Yeah but in saying that mate, if Kimi was given a car more to his liking, he probably could fight for another title and that's coming from an alonso fan. I also think Mclaren and alonso could win another title but it's only going to happen if a raft of rule changes come in and then they have to nail it on the head, so new rules won't automatically grant success, will this happen before alonso's patience runs out? That's the golden question isn't it?Like I've said many times before, there are certain drivers I like and some I dislike. But the ones I dislike, I will give them credit when credit is due, reguardless who it is because at the end of the day, Iam here because of formula one, not one particular driver.