Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

Manor Moving Up The Grid In 2016?

I don't think we can only judge drivers by numbers. Stirling Moss is remembered as one of the best f1 drivers of the 1950's & he has zero WDC. Look at Gilles Villeneuve too. Vettel has 4 and yet people still questioned whether he was actually any good. No-one's saying Alonso's Ferraris were dogs, but he was incredibly consistent, produced several blinding drives & wins whilst his team-mate could rarely even reach the podium, an has wiped the floor with all his team-mates bar Lewis (cant compare jenson yet). His racecraft is excellent and he almost never makes mistakes. Sure he's a whiney drip but it's not hard to see why he has a reputation as one of the best.

I don't think we can only judge drivers by numbers. Stirling Moss is remembered as one of the best f1 drivers of the 1950's & he has zero WDC. Look at Gilles Villeneuve too. Vettel has 4 and yet people still questioned whether he was actually any good. No-one's saying Alonso's Ferraris were dogs, but he was incredibly consistent, produced several blinding drives & wins whilst his team-mate could rarely even reach the podium, an has wiped the floor with all his team-mates bar Lewis (cant compare jenson yet). His racecraft is excellent and he almost never makes mistakes. Sure he's a whiney drip but it's not hard to see why he has a reputation as one of the best.

Especially when you do 40 laps on a soft tyre in a race where the Mercedes weren't fast enough to make the top ten in through the speed trap during the GP.

Ohh I do nothing wrong sutil? The same guy who took out trulli in Brazil 2009 and said it was his fault.

And they were still going at it two weeks later. Trulli even brought photos to prove his point.

Manor sucks. What a joke. So many joke teams in F1 past and present. No-one remembers them and no-one cares.

I would make a list of them but I cant remember any of them.

Forti, Pacific, Footwork, Spyker, Midland, Virgin, HRT, Caterham to name but a few - but I like to see them join, the more cars the better

Forti, Pacific, Footwork, Spyker, Midland, Virgin, HRT, Caterham to name but a few - but I like to see them join, the more cars the better

Agree to that bud.

You forgot Super Aguri! The legend team that put Honda to utter shame. So well in fact, Honda removed funding and forced them out of F1 so they would not suffer any further embarrassment.

To put that into context, it would be like Manor outscoring Merc next year. Totally crazy I know, but imagine the insane asylum Merc would manifest into if that happened lol.

Remember Takuma Sato passing alonso at Canada on 2007? That was epic, alonso going mad on radio. Small teams are needed IMO as depending on how they are setup and run, can strike fans and a lot of people end up having a soft spot for them. Like for example, who didn't like Jordan? With there striking yellow liveries and colourful boss Eddie Jordan. Then you had the always struggling minardi, who battled it out year after year. But then you have teams like caterham or lotus of 2010. Just don't have that Se appleal of certain smaller teams if you know what I mean?

You rarely see the kind of 'personality' that teams like Jordan used to bring to the paddock, which is a shame. Even Jordan themselves weren't able to keep it up - in their last few years they didn't have those glitzy in-your-face car launches which they used to have in the late 90's