Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

Redbull In Serious Trouble.

Rightfully so and I agree but if redbull do this and it lives up to the quality of redbull air race for example, it will draw in more crowd and f1 would be forced to do something of the same calibre to get the viewers back. Not pi$$ in everyone's pocket and say "where doing this" and don't do it. They will be forced to.

Of course it won't be F1, but whose to say it might be better. That's the problem with F1 right now and why we reminisce so much. The past is 100x better than than present. That tells you all you need to know about F1. It can't survive off the past glory forever.

Everything is 100x better in hindsight, but in this case I don't think so lol.

let red bull start a new formula, and when it is successful with full grandstands with prices that the average pundit can afford, then the almighty F1 mob will be clambering to be a part of it !!!!

Why wouldn't they? All the teams are in it for the MONEY.

Least it will force f1 to pull its gold finger out of the publics rectum.

For all of Bernie's skill, he hasn't even dipped his toes into the online foray. He's still stuck in the mold of TV contracts, and having circuits pay ridiculous hosting fees. Imagine having races streamed, watching it on your tablet or phone. How about more proper fun things for the drivers to do pre-races. MotoGP does it well. In other motorsports, the drivers seems alot more friendly and closer to the fans. More approachable really. If it were not for Brundle's grid walk, we'd never know anything about these guys. For instance I had never heard Merhi on audio before EVER. And wow did he sound like a spanish chipmunk. Then I heard Ericsson speak too. It occurred to me I'd never heart him talk either. I know the names, but apart from the podium guys, and some of the middle pack runners, we see and hear so little about these guys.

F1 has utterly failed in this department. Not just in the new online frontier, but in being so restrictive with the drivers, that it gives the impression they are all uptight and aloof when I know they are not. Well maybe Kimi is on his I don't give a Sh#t type days when he doesn't want to do any media stuff. It's the format, and how it's structured.

How lame are the F1 podiums. Real lame. So much so that, despite for instance in Monza most of the fans still running to get there after the race, the go full steam ahead and try to get the podium done as quickly as possible. Look at other motorsports and they are more relaxed about it. F1 is too rigid. Heck they probably have rules for that too. Even penalties and things if you don't wear the right hat, are 10seconds too late in getting to the weigh ins, or have your race jumpsuit unbuttoned on the podium. All kidding aside, it's incredibly controlled, and forced.

Reb Bull Formula X1. Hell YES!. V8s/V10s. Great sounding. Fast. Proper aero so cars can follow right behind. No tyre saving or fuel saving. All the gimmicks gone. Simpler designs so teams do poor endless money down the drain trying to eek out non existent gains on wheel nuts and rubbish like that. Do it. Make it happen. Not because then we would get a better F1, but because we'd get proper fast racing. F1 has had it's chance. They can't and won't do anything to fix this sport. Let it burn.

Merhi has a deep voice, you probably heard him when he was in the tow of a Mercedes lol. Lol idk

Reb Bull Formula X1. Hell YES!. V8s/V10s. Great sounding. Fast. Proper aero so cars can follow right behind. No tyre saving or fuel saving. All the gimmicks gone. Simpler designs so teams do poor endless money down the drain trying to eek out non existent gains on wheel nuts and rubbish like that. Do it. Make it happen. Not because then we would get a better F1, but because we'd get proper fast racing. F1 has had it's chance. They can't and won't do anything to fix this sport. Let it burn.

That would be sweet.

yep BRING IT ON " Red Bull World Motor Racing Championship " with Limited rules, Side Skirts for Ground hugging Chassis, limited ridiculous front wing sections, just one wing panel, huge rear wing, different width tyres front and rear, and lean burn V8's on 85 % ethanol ( like the v8 supercars) that will make them more GREEN then this bloody ers/kers B.S.

AND no Bernie or his cronies running it :-)

It won't happen, I bet this is a plan from redbull just to get bernie involved and it has. Now from next year all engines weather factory or not, must be the same spec, there's the first clue. Now bernie is involved, I bet they end up with a Mercedes or a Ferrari engine if they can't get cosworth. Bernie knows redbull could very well make a "breakaway" series and do very well at it, so it's in his best intrest he do whatever it takes to ensure redbull are on the grid. Not only on the grid but competitive again, cmon, think about it.

I'm more interested in a wounded Red Bull to be honest. Imagine the drive, the desire to stick it to Bernie and Todt and go make a competing car series people will actually watch. A1GP failed because it sucked. Formula E shows you can make it happen on a way smaller budget and still go to good race tracks. So it's easily do-able, I guess it comes down to motivation. And if Red Bull continue to get kicked around like this, they might hopefully come back with something amazing for motorsport fans.

gotta agree with that..... back a bull into a corner and it comes out fighting :-)

RBR only ever care about selling god awful fizzy drinks. F1 is just one of many vehicles (pardon the pun) for that.

They won 4 titles with an "underpowered" power unit, so they can cope.

This seems like a total exit strategy badly managed, the fizzy drink king does not want to pay any more and is looking for a get out of jail card.

The proposed sale to VW is on ice now due to fact that VW software may now declare their F1 cars as1 litre diesel!

Just the same as the cancer stick makers that used to own what is now merc. As soon as a product pusher does not see the value - they move on.

F1 has survived countless teams leaving - and it will survive without RBR,

DPR that type of blind criticism of RBR is not really warranted here. RBR toiled for years patiently I might add, after buying Jaguar. They then had a successful period, followed by a very difficult year last year. They didn't complain. They stuck with Renault. Lotus did not. They broke their 3 year deal and bailed. Yet RBR are the bad guys? Hardly. Renault failed to deliver what they promised. The problem wouldn't be so bad if they had actually used tokens, or done ANY of the steps and modifications RBR had asked them to do to. They did NOTHING. The time of calling RBR a fizzy drink company is over. It's old, it's stale and it doesn't apply. RBR have been in F1 since 2005.

They have every right, to ask for a competitive engine. And they certainly have every right to ask Renault to up their game. They didn't. They just went into the usual sulky French mode where they think the whole world is against them. RBR were the only ones that stuck by Renault. Don't forget that.

Renault are a disaster. Why? Because not only are they F'n around with this Lotus buyout that will fail like all the other Quantum Lotus buyouts in the past, they haven't gotten past their pride that their product well and truly sucks at the moment. RBR would be branded as utter idiots if they didn't say something, or do something about it. Because it's quite clear Renault aren't doing anything about it.

DPR that type of blind criticism of RBR is not really warranted here. RBR toiled for years patiently I might add, after buying Jaguar. They then had a successful period, followed by a very difficult year last year. They didn't complain. They stuck with Renault. Lotus did not. They broke their 3 year deal and bailed. Yet RBR are the bad guys? Hardly. Renault failed to deliver what they promised. The problem wouldn't be so bad if they had actually used tokens, or done ANY of the steps and modifications RBR had asked them to do to. They did NOTHING. The time of calling RBR a fizzy drink company is over. It's old, it's stale and it doesn't apply. RBR have been in F1 since 2005.

They have every right, to ask for a competitive engine. And they certainly have every right to ask Renault to up their game. They didn't. They just went into the usual sulky French mode where they think the whole world is against them. RBR were the only ones that stuck by Renault. Don't forget that.

Renault are a disaster. Why? Because not only are they F'n around with this Lotus buyout that will fail like all the other Quantum Lotus buyouts in the past, they haven't gotten past their pride that their product well and truly sucks at the moment. RBR would be branded as utter idiots if they didn't say something, or do something about it. Because it's quite clear Renault aren't doing anything about it.

Dude, u forgot, red bull is delicious...

I think it might help if RBR actually said what it is they want. A competitive engine, of course but I think there will be a return to V8/10 in 2017 and Cosi could help them with that. Mclaren wanted a competitive engine too but they are willing to wait. I think RBR's lack of patience, arrogance and general rudeness towards Renault has been their downfall. Their problem is, they have the best aero man in F1 but no innovative engineer on hand. Williams have and it shows. I am not sure that Renault had the best V8 out there in past seasons but it suited RBR's chassis. More engineering nous at RBR may have resulted in more satisfactory transition to hybrid and they should have seen that coming a long way off.

I honestly think Renault thought they were on par if not ahead of Ferrari and Mercedes power coming into the new era of f1. They have plenty of experience and success from the previous turbo era. They simply got caught of guard it became clear at first ever test. That's my opinion and with lack of testing and engine freeze, it's impossible to catch up. But it saying that, Mercedes got to work a couple of years I believe before anyone else, soon as the regs became know in 2012 or something like that I beleive.

If Honda agree to supply RBR they will breach their deal with McLaren who have an exclusive two year deal. There will be massive changes in 2017 I believe and they may able to grab a V8 or 10 from someone but who would really want to help them now?

If Honda agree to supply RBR they will breach their deal with McLaren who have an exclusive two year deal. There will be massive changes in 2017 I believe and they may able to grab a V8 or 10 from someone but who would really want to help them now?

someone will be forced to supply them. Redbull is to much a liability to Bernie and f1 if they leave.