Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

Redbull In Serious Trouble.

Marketing perception. A bottle of water refreshes you and does more for your body than a can of chemical red bull.

You're probably spot on in that Porsches are a better car to drive. But we're talking about PR potential here, and Lambo has the hotness than Porsche does not. Ferrari's are consider hotter, cooler, more young and hip than Porsches.

F1 is not designed for teams to just jump into the fray. Even WRC is better in the sense a team and sit out a year or two, then come back in with a great car and start winning.

F1 is bollocks. It has this bond rubbish and all these contract madness. Team can't even change their names, let alone a new team just come in and have a go. That's what's preventing any new teams from coming in. I know there was a reason for the bond to be paid and for the contracts and payouts for the previous years, but that model has to be changed and overhauled. Because it's not attracting ANYONE new. No knew engine manufacturers, private teams, nothing. Haas is great, it's a new team, but that's it.

Exactly, you look back at the late 80s early 90s, there was like 30-35 cars trying to qualify for the race, a lot got eliminated by the 107% rule but none the less turned up and had a go. But since coorporate greed has taken bernies love for the sport into a love of money instead. Put it this way. If the rules bernies has put in place now exsisted when he was coming into the sport, he wouldn't be allowed a slot.

I knew there was more to this than meets the eye. Lauda has basically lied and changed his story seemingly each time he's been asked about it.

Mercedes caused Red Bull/Renault split - Ecclestone

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/view/547264/Mercedes_caused_Red_BullRenault_split__Ecclestone/

No backlash or asking for explanations from Lauda, Toto and Merc. Oh no, it was Red Bull that has been copping it for the past 6 months. I believe Bernie 100x more than I believe anyone from Merc. He may say stupid stuff from time to time, but he knows what is going on. He's got Merc scared sh*tless at the moment about these new twin turbo V6s. So in a way, their arrogance, their deceit and dishonesty might actually bring about something good for F1.

Teams need an engine supplier that is not a manufacturer. Because seeing Merc and Ferrari's cowardice in not wanting to supply Red Bull is something that has brought yet more shame to this sport. What kind of message does that sent to future teams who want to enter this sport, to the fans, to sponsors?

I lost ALL respect for Merc when they knifed Brawn. This only goes to show they are still the snakes we have suspected all along.

How much of this is bs but? Why would you sever ties with your supplier on the "word" that another would supply? Something doesn't add up here.

Because many very wealthy people do do business with a handshake. It happens. Not all hide behind lawyers and binding contracts, some actually back up their words and promises with action. Thus they agree to a deal, shake hands, and go onto their next business venture whilst the lawyers draft up and get the documents signed.

This isn't BS because we've heard this had happened from both Horner and Marko as well. Lauda even admitted to this, but has changed his story many times now.

Bernie mentioning it only adds more credibility to Horner and Markos view because they haven't changed their stories. But Lauda and Toto have.

In all honesty though, who really gives a sh17 hey? We just want competitive racing and sportive championships and that's how everyone should be, because what do you win? Nothing, just a imaginary title that says you can drive better than someone else that year. It's nothing, I would just love to race to race without pressure of results after all it is only racing at the end of the day, nothing that will effects man kinds ability to exsist.