Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

Redbull In Serious Trouble.

someone will be forced to supply them. Redbull is to much a liability to Bernie and f1 if they leave.

Too much made of this. BMW left, Toyota left. If it was another manufacturer I would be concerned. It isn't - it's a sports drink company who recruited the greatest car designer on Earth and got lucky - for a while. Real F1 teams fight on through thick and thin, win or lose, bad engine or good, decade on decade. There are no guarantees. RBR are behaving like snotty-nosed, spoilt brats and they haven't got a friend in the paddock. Grab whatever engine you can and go racing. Shape up or ship out. I for one don't give a sh#t.

Whats the difference between Red Bull and any of the non car manufacturer teams?

The RedBull team has been in F1 for nearly 20 years under various guises. You could say its a stalwart of the sport.

Yeah but with them threatening to leave and start there own series with cars that will make fans like us drool and with the spectacular air race series they put together, I wouldn't be surprised that there own GP series would distroy f1. Bernie knows that and is doing whatever he can to make them stay, even if that means muscling a manufacturer into forcing supply to them.

To start their own series would be too costly, they will burn themselves. It's not viable. Look at A1. There was nationalistic nostalgia attached and it did not work. I for one would not follow it. Unless they invent hovercraft racing or something like that to let me sit up and notice. Now THAT would be daring. F1 is the pinnacle. It has wealth, history and yes...drama. Even with viewership figures dwindling countries are still willing to buy into it. They need not worry though, the new era starting 2017 will breathe new life into the sport, F1 will keep evolving and succeed...

RBR has made a big mistake. Their c#ckiness has gotten to them. Pride comes before the fall. With the words now from Bernie stating RD are veto-ing the Honda deal (no wonder Max Mosley was so antagonistic towards him) I fail to see a solution. Either way you look at it, remember Dietrich wants a competitive engine, they won't get any. They are indeed... in SERIOUS TROUBLE

To start their own series would be too costly, they will burn themselves. It's not viable. Look at A1. There was nationalistic nostalgia attached and it did not work. I for one would not follow it. Unless they invent hovercraft racing or something like that to let me sit up and notice. Now THAT would be daring. F1 is the pinnacle. It has wealth, history and yes...drama. Even with viewership figures dwindling countries are still willing to buy into it. They need not worry though, the new era starting 2017 will breathe new life into the sport, F1 will keep evolving and succeed...

RBR has made a big mistake. Their c#ckiness has gotten to them. Pride comes before the fall. With the words now from Bernie stating RD are veto-ing the Honda deal (no wonder Max Mosley was so antagonistic towards him) I fail to see a solution. Either way you look at it, remember Dietrich wants a competitive engine, they won't get any. They are indeed... in SERIOUS TROUBLE

Yea I agree, good post mate.

Yea I agree, good post mate.

The ones that I feel most sorry for are the drivers of RBR and TR and their employees and I mean it. RB really had a good model there and they threw it away...

Toro Rosso have hit a home run, they have signed for b-spec Ferrari engines and if this rumour about all customers having same spec as suppliers is going to move toro Rosso right up the grid. If redbull have to leave, they will sell redbull, take over toro Rosso and name it redbull toro Rosso and Ricciardo and verstappen will drive for the team. Redbull won't let toro Rosso have that advantage, they would rather amalgamate. That's what I think anyway.

Toro Rosso have hit a home run, they have signed for b-spec Ferrari engines and if this rumour about all customers having same spec as suppliers is going to move toro Rosso right up the grid. If redbull have to leave, they will sell redbull, take over toro Rosso and name it redbull toro Rosso and Ricciardo and verstappen will drive for the team. Redbull won't let toro Rosso have that advantage, they would rather amalgamate. That's what I think anyway.

You mean 2016 as a transition year?. Good thinking in terms of driver management, but I really don't know what to make off the all same spec customer engine formula, it will make F1 a watered-down spec series.

You mean 2016 as a transition year?. Good thinking in terms of driver management, but I really don't know what to make off the all same spec customer engine formula, it will make F1 a watered-down spec series.

Yeah, as for the engine and spec rule. Even though they say they'll be same spec I still think they'll be done some hp.

This is madness and Sparta is nowhere to be found.

Lauda's words that RBR should just suck it up and use Renault next year so that they can be on the grid to be just another minion team to be trounced by Merc is doing my head in. I'm so over it.

Red Bull don't deserve this. Even that b*tch that runs Sauber has gotten in on the act too. Like she has any credibility after how she treated Giedo van der Garde earlier this year. She's a total fraud and should not be passing judgement on anyone.

I see it basically now as some form of bullying towards Red Bull. These lunatics in the other teams think F1 will be better off if two teams leave the sport? They are totally nuts.

This is madness and Sparta is nowhere to be found.

Lauda's words that RBR should just suck it up and use Renault next year so that they can be on the grid to be just another minion team to be trounced by Merc is doing my head in. I'm so over it.

Red Bull don't deserve this. Even that b*tch that runs Sauber has gotten in on the act too. Like she has any credibility after how she treated Giedo van der Garde earlier this year. She's a total fraud and should not be passing judgement on anyone.

I see it basically now as some form of bullying towards Red Bull. These lunatics in the other teams think F1 will be better off if two teams leave the sport? They are totally nuts.

Excellent post mate, totally agree, especially about MK of sauber. I saw her putting her two cents in or kicking while they were down so to speak. She then carries on about redbull should put up with what they have as that's what sauber has been doing for years. Well firstly I can't remember any team what so ever refusing supply to sauber and two I also can't remember any teams trying to basically physically push them out the sport like there trying with redbull. She knows fvcking nothing this woman and almost, well did bring the sport into disrepute IMO by signing 5 drivers for two seats and them fighting them in court. Like the contract is binding for the driver

But not not the team. If I was Peter sauber, I would've sacked the b* tch. I wouldn't want my name plastered all over the headlines for reasons that would have never happened if Peter was still in control.

I had some hope Peter would step in and remove her. Yet he made a rare appearance in Melbourne and was glowing in his praise for her. So that hope was dashed and I haven't looked at him the same since.

At least Stoddy and Eddie had scruples and honestly. Even if Jordan is a bit of a nutter now, they were both honest and respectable team leaders. Something I had always thought Peter to be until Melbourne. I'm disappointed in him and the fact MK is still running that team says it all. He's a disgrace and yet where was the condemnation of her from the pitlane? Privately sure, there was a little murmur, but what is being aimed at Red Bull now is astonishing. In a way I'm glad. Because if they are forced out, things HAVE to change in F1. No more plodding along pretending the show is still grand.

I want Red Bull to fire up Formula X1. **** it. Leave with some dignity and put their entire team to work on the new series. Bernie would sh*t a brick I'm sure.

The rules have made F1 what is is today, so that an engine manufacturer can expel a team from F1. It used to be that the engine makers were dying to put their engines into good chassis. What happened? And don't dare tell me it's because of Marko or Horner. Mateschitz didn't make his billions by being mediocre and that's what the F1 pitlane is tell Red Bull to cop. Bend over, take it and shut up. F them.

I'll be gone before that happens. Mercs taking 1, 2 and 3!. An utter disaster waiting to happen. NO one will be left to watch the farce the F stands for in F1. Or does it mean F**kup!?

As long as they get some X1 races happening and then use their 4 drivers to kick start it.

F1 isn't like rally. You can't leave for a year and then just come back.

Very true, can't have any down time in f1 if you hope to catch up or remain competitive. Look at schumi for example. The most psychically fit, most adaptable driver even struggled.

I duno, Kimi had 2 years off then was straight back on it when he returned with Lotus. In fact better in 2012 than he is now!!

True, strange case that one but he still was driving on the limit in another category so the need to do well and still have a 24/7 program I believed helped him back. As for schumi he wasn't racing full time in another top tier category. He was just driving and riding here and there. That's all I can make out of it.

We're talking about teams taking a year off I thought, not drivers. Kimi did go great after coming back. I think the Schu did as well. Merc weren't a winning team at that point anyway. Had he come back for 2014 and then started winning, we'd still be raving about it. Timing does play a huge part. I don't think he was much different to be honest. He was in a totally different era in F1. Testing wasn't allowed, new regs, rules, new cars. I mean he almost took the win in Monaco a couple of years back. A track regarded as one of the best forays into driver talent.

I firmly believe he got a bum rap by the fans and press by suddenly winning races when he came back. It was so easy to just say he had aged and was over the hill, when there's good arguments to say it was other factors as well. He was still incredibly fit. And a driver NEVER loses the instincts or skills.