Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

Much Respect For Seb.

I wonder what Alonso's thoughts are on Seb's abilities after publically calling them into question on several occasions in years gone by

I wonder what alonso is thinking when he thinks about this years Ferrari. "If only I stayed one more year" IMO alonso would've done better than Seb but it's just based of personal opinion. If Ferrari keep it up, Vettel could be very dangerous next year.

Yea and Lewis has welcomed it, despite some on here often saying he loves waltzing to the title unchallenged, something I've never noticed and he constantly acts the opposite. Would be great to see Lewis v Seb in more even machinery. Preferably with Jenson & Alonso in there too!!

I don't think Alonso staying at Ferrari would've made any difference, he'd still be 2nd to Lewis no matter how good he drove

Ohh of course as that Mercedes is just to fast but I feel he would have had a win or two more.

Alonso would have not done any better than Vettel if he stayed at Ferrari.

As for Hamilton wanting some competition, I don't buy it. He's freaked out multiple times about Nico. Nico! Nico made up 0.8 of a second under the safety car a few races back, and Hamilton was freaking out over the radio. So no. I've see too many examples where he says one thing, and acts differently. Come on, he said during Vettel's winning years, that he, the holy HE, would never want to win in a such a dominant position. Yet goes full prima dona mode when dealing with Nico. I just don't buy it. He won't ever change the fact he seems incapable of actually doing and saying the SAME thing.

I wonder what alonso is thinking when he thinks about this years Ferrari. "If only I stayed one more year" IMO alonso would've done better than Seb but it's just based of personal opinion. If Ferrari keep it up, Vettel could be very dangerous next year.

Flawed perception, just as you have perceived the character of Seb, and just as you formalise perceptions of anything Kimi...

You keep being caught out on flawed (incorrect) thinking on matters of drivers and their abilities in F1 and keeps being proven wrong...

Alonso would have not done any better than Vettel if he stayed at Ferrari.

As for Hamilton wanting some competition, I don't buy it. He's freaked out multiple times about Nico. Nico! Nico made up 0.8 of a second under the safety car a few races back, and Hamilton was freaking out over the radio. So no. I've see too many examples where he says one thing, and acts differently. Come on, he said during Vettel's winning years, that he, the holy HE, would never want to win in a such a dominant position. Yet goes full prima dona mode when dealing with Nico. I just don't buy it. He won't ever change the fact he seems incapable of actually doing and saying the SAME thing.

Agreed.... Read an article on how dominant that Merc really is... It goes down as the most dominant in the history of the sport...

Who would actually believe that he really wants a title fight againts Seb. It would freak him out too much...

Flawed perception, just as you have perceived the character of Seb, and just as you formalise perceptions of anything Kimi...

You keep being caught out on flawed (incorrect) thinking on matters of drivers and their abilities in F1 and keeps being proven wrong...

Wtf are you smoking? Who the hell are you to tell me MY opinion is wrong? That's what it just is, my opinion. Brad, your the biggest "bandwagon" rider I've ever come across. You praise me and monkey in threads that YOU like, yet never make a valid point of your own. Do I ever see you praise any other driver but kimi? Hardly, even if it's clear as day that even my 8 year old son can go "geez he had a good drive hey dad" that you fail to see or to ignorant to see. You should be called the "doctor" as you love to dissect posts and place chopped gifs to back up you inexperienced propaganda. I get peeved as I try to play it how it is. Yeah I have my favourites but if a certain driver does well, I praise them, unlike many here who make up wild a## excuses, it's ridiculous. And having races karts before on a competitive level, it's freaking hilarious when certain things happen I can put into perspective at my level of racing and yet people with little to no semi/professional racing experience say it's wrong, sorry but how the fvck would you know? Ohh from TV hey, yeah defiantly the one to watch there lol. Back to the subject, mr expert, explain why Alonso wouldn't being doing better than Seb and I'll give you a logical and most realistic reason why he would be. But hey, even if it's my opinion and it's common sense ( because that's the secret to racing, you know it's common sense) me along with how the whole race craft works on as whole would be incorrect.

Wtf are you smoking? Who the hell are you to tell me MY opinion is wrong? That's what it just is, my opinion. Brad, your the biggest "bandwagon" rider I've ever come across. You praise me and monkey in threads that YOU like, yet never make a valid point of your own. Do I ever see you praise any other driver but kimi? Hardly, even if it's clear as day that even my 8 year old son can go "geez he had a good drive hey dad" that you fail to see or to ignorant to see. You should be called the "doctor" as you love to dissect posts and place chopped gifs to back up you inexperienced propaganda. I get peeved as I try to play it how it is. Yeah I have my favourites but if a certain driver does well, I praise them, unlike many here who make up wild a## excuses, it's ridiculous. And having races karts before on a competitive level, it's freaking hilarious when certain things happen I can put into perspective at my level of racing and yet people with little to no semi/professional racing experience say it's wrong, sorry but how the fvck would you know? Ohh from TV hey, yeah defiantly the one to watch there lol. Back to the subject, mr expert, explain why Alonso wouldn't being doing better than Seb and I'll give you a logical and most realistic reason why he would be. But hey, even if it's my opinion and it's common sense ( because that's the secret to racing, you know it's common sense) me along with how the whole race craft works on as whole would be incorrect.

Take another chill pill dude...and relax

Vettel is simply better than Alonso, a more consistent and meticulous performer and a finisher... He breaks records, it's no co-incidence. He GETS THE JOB DONE! He already got the job done that Ferrari aimed for this season, believe it or not. I would say looking at the records and achievements he has achieved more than Alonso...uuuuhhh YES...NO? He's a 4-time champion and Alonso a 2 time-champ who won his championships ages ago. I'm glad Vettel replaced the dude so you could see his true mettle at Ferrari. All of a sudden everyone sees it. and don't tell me about Vettel having the most dominant car 4 years in a row. He did'nt. Alonso with the whole TEAM built around him should've done better... ZERO results

Can't you even see this????? I mean I kept bringing up some of these points againts notably members like you who persistently denied his brilliance.

No you make sense, but if you use that approach towards Vettel, don't you think it's only fair you do the same for every other driver? Look at 2010 mate, alonso had 5 wins and nearly a third title in his first season at Ferrari at a time when 3 different teams were winning races, not just one and yet people fail to see things like this or coming from 19th to 10th in Russia while doing 40 laps on a soft tyre. Yet people will see the minor details in there beloved driver. You can't be like that and then accuse someone being incorrect or should have a dislike button but because someone disagrees with your opinion, that's what it just is mate, an opinion and it's interesting to hear others take on it, some you will agree with, some you won't but never is that person incorrect as you haven't lived there life and is impossible to see it from there presective. But that's why people have common sense, so there's some mutual ground of agreeance but people can't even figure that out. Seb is good mate but no one could have seen his true potential until he left redbull, and that's common sense as the car was so far ahead, we had no accurate gauge, we had a good idea but not accurate. Now we do, but from what I've seen, so far IMO he still is behind alonso and iam sorry if you don't like it or can't take it but there is a reason the whole paddock and majority of the drivers say he is the best out there, but hey, how would they know?

Wtf are you smoking? Who the hell are you to tell me MY opinion is wrong?

If you cant tell someone you think their opinion is wrong, then we might as well give up and nuke the planet.

You just contradicting yourself. Don't you get it? Saying someone's opinion is wrong is incorrect as its your opinion that justifies that exact statement. Think about it. Have no idea do ya? That's exactly what an opinion is, a polite way of saying "sorry I don't agree" or "this is how I see it" but to say someone's own opinion is wrong is just stupid and when you think about it, it's just that, stupid. That's the problem with today's society, to many chiefs and not enough Indians. That's why I laugh at people who bag alonso, because anyone with the least bit of knowledge understands how good he is, reguardless if you like him or not, put your personal issue with him aside and look at the actually ability, there's a reason most drivers say he is the best out there, Hamilton,Vettel,button,webber they have at one point referred alonso as the best out there. It's like they purposely look for excuses and fail to notice even the smallest achievement, yet magnify there drivers mincroscopic achievement. Heck here guys are paying out on his karate head band. Ffs you serious guys? Is that all you have left now? Yeah I bag on Lewis and what he wears but never do I or have I used that to add onto a list of why I loathe the guy. He is a w@nker but he can bloody drive, Seb is the same but iam starting to warm to him abit more now as he seems to be maturing. As for alonso, I hate the guy, he is so up himself and iam being honest,but he is up himself for a reason and that's because he is the best and he knows it. Tell it how it is guys and it will be a much more relaxed and enjoyable forum. But to consistantly bash and segregate certain members,sorry should say member,as you feel there wrong, is morally incorrect.

You just contradicting yourself. Don't you get it? Saying someone's opinion is wrong is incorrect as its your opinion that justifies that exact statement. Think about it. Have no idea do ya?

Depends whether one's opinion is based on evidence and if that evidence can be provided. But to have a huge cry and say "you can't call my opinion wrong" is juvenile behaviour.

It's like religion. No evidence for it whatsoever. Piles of evidence that disproves it. Just because someone has the opinion that it's true, means sweet f all, and there's no reason not to call it out.

That is true. But for religion, man you honestly believe we can read the bible that was supposedly written how many years ago is the same on the shelf? No way, governments and such re write history to brainwash people into acting in a society they can control. Calling me juvenile is resiculous, but anyway I can't win, might aswell bash my head against a wall, I just know what to fully expect now come any instance. So

Thanks for that.

Agreed.... Read an article on how dominant that Merc really is... It goes down as the most dominant in the history of the sport...

Who would actually believe that he really wants a title fight againts Seb. It would freak him out too much...

Was that the article on F1Bias? I saw that too. Even though I knew and suspected it, it was nice to see facts back it up that yes indeed these Mercs were more dominant than the Red Bulls, the early 2000s Ferraris and most importantly the epic Williams cars of the early 90s.

Time to start booing Hamilton I guess since Vettel had to endure that BS when he was winning repeatedly. But you know it will just be spun to then mean those booing are racist.

Now we all know why Vettel got booed. Do we need to go back there again? But yeah I had no idea the mercs were even more dominant than the schumi Ferrari days. But when you look at it, at least other cars had a chance of winning at some point, not like today. Could you imagine Lewis locked in a title fight with 3/4 other drivers, who were very close on points? He would have a meltdown as soon as the mind games would start. Lewis is to fragile mentally, just lucky he is so bloody fast otherwise he would have had a very different career. Lewis fighting neck and neck with Seb? Sorry but IMO Lewis would loose, Seb is a master of the mind games as he had a very vocal team mate to deal with compared to nico who is a team "yes" man so if it got to that extent, Seb would out whit him IMO.

No you make sense, but if you use that approach towards Vettel, don't you think it's only fair you do the same for every other driver? Look at 2010 mate, alonso had 5 wins and nearly a third title in his first season at Ferrari at a time when 3 different teams were winning races, not just one and yet people fail to see things like this or coming from 19th to 10th in Russia while doing 40 laps on a soft tyre. Yet people will see the minor details in there beloved driver. You can't be like that and then accuse someone being incorrect or should have a dislike button but because someone disagrees with your opinion, that's what it just is mate, an opinion and it's interesting to hear others take on it, some you will agree with, some you won't but never is that person incorrect as you haven't lived there life and is impossible to see it from there presective. But that's why people have common sense, so there's some mutual ground of agreeance but people can't even figure that out. Seb is good mate but no one could have seen his true potential until he left redbull, and that's common sense as the car was so far ahead, we had no accurate gauge, we had a good idea but not accurate. Now we do, but from what I've seen, so far IMO he still is behind alonso and iam sorry if you don't like it or can't take it but there is a reason the whole paddock and majority of the drivers say he is the best out there, but hey, how would they know?

Yes, but Alonso also made about 4-5 mistakes during that year which cost him the title! Although Seb also did make some, he could be forgiven for being much younger. Seb just got better and better and reached his full potential...

Was that the article on F1Bias? I saw that too. Even though I knew and suspected it, it was nice to see facts back it up that yes indeed these Mercs were more dominant than the Red Bulls, the early 2000s Ferraris and most importantly the epic Williams cars of the early 90s.

Time to start booing Hamilton I guess since Vettel had to endure that BS when he was winning repeatedly. But you know it will just be spun to then mean those booing are racist.

laugh.png true

Can't remember which site KM, but yeah the stats were amazing!

Yes, but Alonso also made about 4-5 mistakes during that year which cost him the title! Although Seb also did make some, he could be forgiven for being much younger. Seb just got better and better and reached his full potential...

alonso didn't make any mistakes that year, if getting held up by petrov was a mistake then yeah I guess. Could it also be said it was an easier transition for Vettel as the car was better than when alonso got it in 2010? Can't say it's development because it was a whole new formula in 2010 just like it is now.

alonso didn't make any mistakes that year, if getting held up by petrov was a mistake then yeah I guess. Could it also be said it was an easier transition for Vettel as the car was better than when alonso got it in 2010? Can't say it's development because it was a whole new formula in 2010 just like it is now.

Took me a few seconds to type and find these..

"Alonso in particular has been widely reported as having made a number of mistakes this year, such as jumping the start in China, crashing in practice in Monaco, running wide in Turkish Grand Prix qualifying and losing control in Belgium."

http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/243337/alonso-unfair-to-condemn-mistakes-heavily/

http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2010/09/alonso-mistakes-ive-made-a-few/

So Vettel making qualifying mistakes in Belgium, mistake in Russia practice. It's the same, drivers trying to push and find the limits during a gp weekend. Clutching at straws if we're classing every mistake across the whole weekend. Even Vettel makes mistakes mate.

So Vettel making qualifying mistakes in Belgium, mistake in Russia practice. It's the same, drivers trying to push and find the limits during a gp weekend. Clutching at straws if we're classing every mistake across the whole weekend. Even Vettel makes mistakes mate.

Are you agreeing now that Alonso made mistakes in 2010? or not?

cause with post#22 I think you suggested that Alonso did'nt make any during that year, even during practise...whatever. The fact of the matter is those mistakes cost him points during the championship battle...