Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

spiral.out

Well, No Point Watching The Us Gp

It's not just about being a racing driver... Schumacher did'nt say one thing in public and when it suited him, thought nothing of it.

Same as this cap thing, Glamilton looks at his cap, takes the winner cap, takes the 2nd place cap... then says 2nd place and throws it at Nico. Then when Nico reacts he's the bad guy???? Schumacher at least had some dignity of "the field of play". Did you know he joined Hakkinen at the after-party when he lost againts him, then celebrated with him dancing on the table etc. Thats why Hakkinen did the same when Schumie won. There was at least some respect between the two rivals. It's all gone pear-shaped with the Merc drivers...

With Glamilton I feel it's all pretenses... a hiprocrite at best. That diva-blonde hair really suits him...

Yea well said.

I sent you that message when ricci overtook hamilton in the race and was building some gap to hamilton wen the track was wet. Once the track got dry bulls had no chance to match the pace of the mercs and the ferraris and also the toro rossos. But yesterday was a reminder how good ricciardo can be witha good car. Enjoyed a lot. I hope we see him fighting with the mercs and ferrari next year..

Yea I read he had pace and was leading on merit in the changing conditions but just became sitting ducks in the dry. I still haven't watched it.

I have to agree with Brad in the sense that Glamilton is kind of a hypocrite. The stink he caused after Spa is a good example......

At least Hamilton didn't make a complete fool of himself, by throwing something at Britney after being hit by him at Spa in 2014. Yesterday Rosberg came across in the Capegate incident, while pouting in the corner like a spoiled petulant brat.

For those who missed the U.S. Grand Prix, which had to be one of the best in recent years....too bad.

I also know that many of you were so happy to see Lewis Hamilton join that exclusive club of drivers, who have won the World Drivers Championship......3 times!

I know you like Lewis Hamilton and well done on another world championship. As your probably well aware there are quite a few anti Hamilton fans and iam one of them. Don't like the guy but yes he can drive a race car bloody well, but IMO and that's all it has to be, an opinion, but i have never met a more biased one sided fan in my life. You never praise or admit any other driver talent out there but Hamilton. We have a lot of heated debates about drivers here but most of us admit good results by other drivers and say well done but we don't have a biased approach on every post. Yeah you can support Hamilton how ever you want, iam not saying that, but what iam saying is that every time you post here or post a comment, it's only ever about Lewis bloody Hamilton. No offence but is that the only driver you know?

Meh I don't mind, he's only one person who posts about Lewis in a positive light and there are several more who only ever want to talk about Kimi, who does not a lot other than crash into rivals and barriers. I'm exaggerating of course!

When I referred to Schu I was thinking more of when he swept across his own brother at the start of the race, when he ran Frentzen off the road Canada 98, when he pushed Rubens right up against the wall a few years ago when driving down the pit straight. What Lewis did really wasn't that bad at all.If Nico had done it none of you would be saying anything

Oh damn. I want 1998 F1 please! Can I get trade in on 2015?

F1 is no longer legendary or in anyway biblical. It's tame, tepid, boring and forced. It's processional and if this was a business, the Government anti competitive forces would have shut Merc down ages ago.

I welcome any team to dominate. But not when the other teams are given inferior engines, and to add insult, then cannot even try to develop them further.

I'm sure you guys are also aware that Merc and Ferrari have not shared any of the software settings for their engines. I don't recall it being this bad, this restrictive, or cowardly.

At present, no matter what I think of Lewis or his somewhat shallow Championship win this year, Merc are the real dogs in all of this. He's just happy to reap the wins against solid competition. Nope that's not it, that's a lie. He's happy to shoot ducks in a barrel and them claim to be humble and contrite and privileged. You know all that phony PR nonsense he's said in the past.

Bah whatever. I can't wait for this stupid circus to end.

That's the first thing that needs to change; in-season development. Engine sound, tyre-life, those things are important but by far the biggest bugbear we all have is that teams cannot develop their cars and engines throughout the year. It's clearly not cutting costs so change the rule, it's failed in its aim, and it means if you're slow in Melbourne you might as well switch focus to the following season.

Yeah you can support Hamilton how ever you want, iam not saying that, but what iam saying is that every time you post here or post a comment, it's only ever about Lewis bloody Hamilton. No offence but is that the only driver you know?

Well let me try and help to clear up your mind in regards to how I feel towards other drivers. Sunday Vettel put in an excellent performance, and along with that wonder kid Verstappen were my drivers of the day. Sebastian's performance this season has demonstrated to those who may have doubt about his skills behind the wheel, clearly to have shown that he's the real deal, and the reason why that he had won 4 WDC's. Kimi who has many fans on this site made me a believer during a race at Spa, while driving for McLaren. I'm sorry that I forgot what year that he made me a huge fan. I'll never forget a car blew it's engine near the top at Eau Rouge, and as you can imagine left a huge cloud of smoke, which normally would have caused the average driver to lift, and understandably so. That smoke didn't deter Raikkonen in the least, as he stormed through that smoke like a bat out of hell with his foot buried on that xxxxxxx throttle. How in the hell could one not appreciate and enjoy that. Kimi's drive at Suzuka in 2005, was the best performance that I've seen by any driver, in the last 15 years, and my favorite race. Though it makes kind of sad, to see that he's lost some performance of the Flying Finn. Your boy Ricciardo....there's no question that Daniel is top shelf, and given a competitive car will run with the best, and at times beat them. Ricciardo has what it takes imo to be a future WDC. I'm a huge Hamilton fan, but that doesn't mean that I don't appreciate what other drivers contribute to the sport, and also like.

Well let me try and help to clear up your mind in regards to how I feel towards other drivers. Sunday Vettel put in an excellent performance, and along with that wonder kid Verstappen were my drivers of the day. Sebastian's performance this season has demonstrated to those who may have doubt about his skills behind the wheel, clearly to have shown that he's the real deal, and the reason why that he had won 4 WDC's. Kimi who has many fans on this site made me a believer during a race at Spa, while driving for McLaren. I'm sorry that I forgot what year that he made me a huge fan. I'll never forget a car blew it's engine near the top at Eau Rouge, and as you can imagine left a huge cloud of smoke, which normally would have caused the average driver to lift, and understandably so. That smoke didn't deter Raikkonen in the least, as he stormed through that smoke like a bat out of hell with his foot buried on that xxxxxxx throttle. How in the hell could one not appreciate and enjoy that. Kimi's drive at Suzuka in 2005, was the best performance that I've seen by any driver, in the last 15 years, and my favorite race. Though it makes kind of sad, to see that he's lost some performance of the Flying Finn. Your boy Ricciardo....there's no question that Daniel is top shelf, and given a competitive car will run with the best, and at times beat them. Ricciardo has what it takes imo to be a future WDC. I'm a huge Hamilton fan, but that doesn't mean that I don't appreciate what other drivers contribute to the sport, and also like.

...now thats more like itcongrats.gif

A little bit of time and effort and look what you can do. Excellent post, don't hide under Lewis's shadow when you have experience like that. Put into words very well. Another smoking incident that never gets any look at is monza 1998 when coulthards engine let go in a big way and mika lifted and went onto the grass unlike schumi who kept it flat, closed the gap and got a run on the exit of the second chicane to pass hakkinen to the delight of the tifosi. Moments like is and what you mentioned about kimi and spa and Suzuka, is what formula one is all about.

Alonso overtaking Schumi at 130R was pretty special too but the most impressive pass I've ever seen, for sheer balls (as well as skill) was Webber passing Alonso through the dip of Eau Rouge. Testicles the size of grapefruits.

nb it was 2002 that Kimi sped through Panis's smoke if I remember rightly

Alonso overtaking Schumi at 130R was pretty special too but the most impressive pass I've ever seen, for sheer balls (as well as skill) was Webber passing Alonso through the dip of Eau Rouge. Testicles the size of grapefruits.

Yep, webbers move wins IMO.

Kimi going through the smoke at Eau Rouge is legendary. But he's got quite the highlight reel of legendary actions and voice clips too lol.

I'd rate that up the top, Suzuka probably 2nd and maybe Hockenheim 3rd.

All good examples of some pretty outstanding, and great passing maneuvers that have occurred. I would also place Webber passing Alonso through the dip at Eau Rouge, at the top of my list. The consequences of a mistake by either driver could have had horrific, and disastrous results. At the time after the move was made, I immediately thought of Stefan Bellof.........It was a thrilling move too watch, but also really scary.

Webber said he only attempted that move because it was alonso. Any other driver and webber said he wouldn't be as confident to pass there as a big accident could happen.

what happened at hockenheim?

Back in the awesome days of one lap qualifying, and having to use an entire set of tyres for the race, Kimi flat spotted his tyre trying to pass JV. Then spent the rest of the race with double/triple vision whilst vibrating the car to death. He couldn't see crap apparently as the vibrations were epic. Litterally on the last lap, half a lap to go and leading, the front suspension explodes like a bomb. Alonso get's the win. Both Ron and Kimi said it was all of nothing but in light of how 2005 played out, bagging some points at this race would have gone a long way to getting him the Championship.

Another incident I can think of is the infamous Monaco GP of 2006. Kimi walking to his yacht in full race suit and helmet after his dud McLaren failed yet again. Can't believe I didn't recall that sooner lol.

But Brazil 2009 is a monster. Some would say it was a very bad year for the Kimster, but from half year on, he was beastly. This only shows it more.

Quoting from Wiki

In Brazil, Räikkönen qualified 5th and finished 6th. His race was already ruined when Mark Webber swerved into his path, damaging the Ferrari's front wing. At the pit stop while having the wing changed, fuel dripping from the fuel rig stuck on Kovalainen's car caused the Ferrari to briefly burst in flames as the two cars were exiting their pit stops. For the rest of the race even with his eyes burning from fuel, Räikkönen used his strategy to move up the order and eventually finished in sixth place.

I remember that race well. The fact he kept racing with his eyes burning from the fuel is awesome in the extent it shows his character and will to race. He could have easily pulled out and got treatment right away but didn't.

Not only that, the fuel mixed with sweat would be burning like hell but that's adrenalin for you. I used to play a lot of basketball and even played for the state team but I once caught the ball and it broke my pinky finger. I just thought I sprained it and went onto play the rest of the game and play quite well. It wasn't till the adrenalin wore of and the body cooled down that I knew I did something more serious. The human body is incredible when sheer will is all that's pushing you on and days like kimi at Suzuka,spa and many other events just proves that no matter your determination today, it doesn't over power the rediculous rules. Yeah, kimi was mega back in those days wasn't he? One that should be added to the list was the race at Austin. How's my drivers would have just thrown the wheel out and got out of the car when kimi did what he did? But he kept sawing at the wheel and feathering the throttle and managed to un-wedge his car from the barrier. Incredible stuff that was.

As a nerd I must point out that it was Nurburgring where Kimi's tyre failed, and I do remember it well. I was very annoyed at the time.

As a nerd I must point out that it was Nurburgring where Kimi's tyre failed, and I do remember it well. I was very annoyed at the time.

Yes you are right.

Yep you're right Jem and I've been harping on about that incident for the past 10 years, so I should have known it was the Burg.

WebRic, it was fantastic to see Kimi trying to get his car unstuck. You're right, so many would have thrown in the towel way sooner and hoped out of their car.

The fact his Ferrari team were happy with his efforts to get out of that stuck position shows they truly are a team now. Finally. Hopefully they will do great things next year.

Just shows what basic thinking can do. Instead of "fvck this" and climbing out, he has thought about how to get out there and it worked. See, today's young kids would have gotten out, as there is that many run offs now that the chances of having to work your way out a gravel trap or out of a barrier like we saw with kimi is very slim. I don't think the rear brake failure he had was related either. If anything you would think the front suspension would fail as the rear didn't even hit the barrier did it?

I'm pretty sure it was a right front brake failure. Thus hitting the wall even slightly, or maybe even his attempts to free the car caused it or made it worse. But it showed intent, and Ferrari where happy about that. Even Arrivabene which is rare. Normally he rips into Kimi, but lately the team has been very pleasantly harmonious.