Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

What's Your Take On Rossi Marques Incident?

Who watched that fantastic Moto GP race? I did and what a cracker. If you probably haven't heard already, there was some beef going down with Marques and Rossi after Rossi made some comments earlier this weekend that Marques is making it difficult for himself to fight fairly with Lorenzo as Lorenzo being a fellow spaniard, Marques will do what ever he can to help Lorenzo and it seemed like Rossi was right as all Marques did was make life hard for Rossi, purposely holding him up when Rossi was clearly quicker. Then Rossi and Marques came to blows with Rossi forcing Marques extremely wide on purpose sending him of. Now iam a huge Rossi fan but I don't think what he did was entirely right. But also Marques was riding deliberately slower to allow Lorenzo to pull away. IMO It's eye for and eye. Here's the incident for those who haven't seen it. To me it looks like Rossi kicks him off. Bare in mind this doesn't show the actions by Marques leading up to this event so take that into concideration.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YdnLDMWRNk

Marquez hit Rossi first. Then it appeared Rossi put his knee up in a way to kind of push him away from Marques having another nudge at him. And they penalize Rossi!?

It's either a racing incident or Marquez's fault. From that clip I don't see Rossi doing anything that you or I wouldn't do if say a dog was coming up to you in an annoying or potentially dangerous manner and you pushed him away gently or forcefully with your foot.

As long as Rossi wins the Championship this won't matter. But he's starting from the back of the grid next race.

Yeah it's bs IMO. Marques had no need to be pushing and aggravating Rossi so hard. Yeah put up a fight because your racing but to deliberately hold someone up faster than you so they don't win a championship your not in contention for is nothing but selfish. Marques is still dirty after there incidents in Argentina and assen. Twice he has come of second best to rossi, now make it three, you play with fire you get burnt and that's what has happened to Marquez three times now, tried to be to c#cky for his shoes, might be a 2x champ but he still has a hell of a lot of learning to do. Then you see Marquez's father in the Honda garage loosing his mind, screaming at Honda staff like his son just lost a world championship, it's nothing more than a personal issue Marquez has with Rossi. Rossi is toast now, all he can hope for is Lorenzo coming of in the next race. At the end of the day it just proves no matter how good something is, politics always fvck it up. Rossi will loose the title yet he has been so more consistantly than any other rider out there. Lorenzo has more wins but Rossi has finished every race in the podium bah one or two I think. Richly deserves it more than anyone and he will loose posible his last chance to be champion through no fault of his own.

My take, and bear in mind I'm a fan of both guys.

Firstly Im gutted it came to that because the racing was fantastic until that point.

Some points:

• If Rossi was faster than Marquez then he should have been able to clear away, he couldn't, thus he was not faster
  • Rossi had a brain explosion and what he did was unacceptable, and unprofessional, and it has, and it will, tarnish his reputation in this sport
  • Rossi did not intentionally knock over Marquez but he intentionally slowed and drove him wide to the point of ridiculousness
  • Rossi shouldn't have cried like a little girl before the race, because if there wasn't a problem previously, he definitely created one
  • Rossi has effectively blown his championship chances
  • If Marquez was doing all of this intentionally (and to be honest I think he was) hes a d1ck.

I told my missus that they would be talking about this race for DECADES, and I said that BEFORE this incident occured lol

Some valid points there mate and I agree with most but this goes back to there incident in Argentina when Marquez did the same and accused Rossi of taking him of, then he accuses Rossi of cheating but cutting a cross the final chicane in assen to win, Marquez still thinks he should've won that race. So Rossi knew what was going to happen as in the last three races, Marquez has made it pretty clear he doesn't want Rossi to win but will put up minimal fight when Lorenzo comes up behind. Rossi made a stupid mistake but in saying that, the incident wouldn't have happened if Marquez was to make it as difficult for Lorenzo to pass as it he did for rossi.

Yeah I know they take each race as it comes and Marquez was racing for the best possible result but when it comes down like that and your purposely slowing down a rider who is in contention for a championship your not on purpose, I think that's what needs to be looked at as any rider especially someone like Lorenzo or even stoner, would have probably retaliated a lot nastier than what Rossi did. I don't condone either riders behaviour but I do feel that Rossi was somewhat "baited" into retaliation. Lol how epic would it be if both Marquez and Lorenzo crash out and Rossi cruises home? That would be hilarious, but that's been the story of the season, Rossi consistantly scoring big points when top riders crash out, so it's possible, it's happened quite a lot this year.

not really something that Rossi is known for !!! I think it was more of a mistake on both riders...

wrong forum! where are the moderators! I'm outraged!

Not like we have much else to talk about lol.

He already has in past and was bloody quick to. Guy can drive. Monza rally hand brake pass.

Here he is testing a Ferrari in 2008

It's amusing to read Rossi claiming he didn't cross the line while simultaneously trying to argue he had justification to cross the line.

Not unlike what's happening in this thread...

It's amusing to read Rossi claiming he didn't cross the line while simultaneously trying to argue he had justification to cross the line.

Not unlike what's happening in this thread...

No, he is stating he retaliated to the behaviour, which he did. He's only human, you pi$$ anyone of enough they will retaliate. Classic case of how long can you pull a dogs tail before he bites? Marquez had no business pushing the limits the way he did, he is personally trying to distroy rossi's chances, I would be pi$$ed to. He has had it in for Rossi ever since Argentina so any chance to get one back he will take and what a better chance to prove your point than distroying a championship for someone else when your not even in contention.

... so he did cross the line...

Course he did and I already said I don't condone either riders behaviour but Rossi was baited big time IMO. All a ploy to allow Lorenzo to win.

All a ploy to allow Lorenzo to win.

Didn't you watch the Australian GP...

If the Spaniards are helping Lorenzo, they have a cruel way of showing it.

Yeah I did, no way Marquez made it as difficult for Lorenzo to pass as he did Rossi. It's adamant in his behaviour he will help Lorenzo as much as he can.

Yeah I did, no way Marquez made it as difficult for Lorenzo to pass as he did Rossi. It's adamant in his behaviour he will help Lorenzo as much as he can.

This is a bit like your theory that Alonso is a good racing driver. CrAZy!

What you on about, it's not just my theory, it's every drivers in the paddock also. Are they all crazy?

Then we didn't want the same race. Check the result.

I know Marquez won, but if Marquez can't win himself, he then will make it easier for Lorenzo to win. He has even admitted he wants Lorenzo to win. Come on maure, you have plenty of experience on Motorsport iam sure you can see it.

Well I must have been imagining things when I saw and heard Marquez say he would prefer Lorenzo to win. Even Rossi is saying Marquez is making things more difficult for him than Lorenzo. So what you make out of that then mate?