Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

What's Your Take On Rossi Marques Incident?

"Most of that is melodrama, though, a natural consequence of the nature of professional sport. It is, as darts promoter Barry Hearn put it, soap opera for men, a genre characterized by inflated emotions and overwrought responses to events of lesser significance."

http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/motogp/summary-sunday-malaysian-gp-2015/

There are too many things I don't agree with in the article to bother with, but the guy tries to be coherent and, consequently, the article is more balanced than most of what I've seen floating about the interwebs.

One word I took from that summed up the whole debate and issue and that's "provocative" and that's all Marquez wanted to do, provoke Rossi into an error to help Lorenzo. Heck they probably sat down with a few coronas on the flight back from Australia and drew the whole thing up lol. That's how well orchestrated it all turned out.

No I dont think thats it at all.

They don't like each other

Marquez was trying too hard too early in the race as a result of comments made by Rossi

Rossi lost his mind

Sad situation.

Which one? Argentina, Rossi had the line as was using it to the maximum, Marquez would've done the same, assen, Marquez did a kimi and did a massive divebomb and sent Rossi of the circuit, to bad Rossi kept it upright and took a win that was his anyway.

How could assen be rossi's fault? He already had the line and was halfway into the corner when he got rammed on the inside. Both Marquez fault IMO.

That there is bad blood between Rossi and Marques is evident. Where you lose the plot is when you claim that Lorenzo is behind it. You are free to believe it, of course, but it is just a belief.

I don't think Lorenzo is behind it. But I cannot understand why Marq's own team haven't stepped up and told him to cut the crap.

There's a huge petition going on at Change.org to have Rossi's penalty removed and for him to start on the grid wherever he qualifies. It's nearly hit 500,000 which is a pretty huge number in such a short space of time. It's total and utter BS that Lorenzo was allowed to pass under a yellow and nothing happens. And then the race stewards go on to admit that Marq's own behaviour was wrong, but because they did not have a specific rule to charge him with what he was doing to Rossi, they then instead hit Rossi with a penalty. And here I was thinking MotoGP was free of the idiocy we endure in F1.

Marq will be a marked man for the rest of his career. You don't do that to a living legend of the sport and walk away scott free. He's too young and stupid to realize what he's done. But in time I guarantee you, he will regret it.

Something I thought of the other day was that if you've ever been boating and you're pulling up to dock -- if you're on the dock or on the boat, you use your leg to soften the contact and or push away the boat. That's what Rossi was doing. He wasn't pushing him to make him fall off, he was basically protecting himself and pushing him away to stop Marq's bike bashing into his bike/legs and such.

That there is bad blood between Rossi and Marques is evident. Where you lose the plot is when you claim that Lorenzo is behind it. You are free to believe it, of course, but it is just a belief.

True but saying I think Lorenzo is behind it is wrong. Use common sense mate, Marquez of course would prefer Rossi to loose to Lorenzo as Lorenzo is Spanish just like Marquez is not only that, there good mates and Marquez had already mentioned on how he would like Lorenzo to win so that's hint number three. Although it's not Marquez's man priority but doing what he is doing is literally like killing 3 birds with one stone. He can get back at Rossi, help Lorenzo and win a race at the same time, now why wouldn't he?

I don't think Lorenzo is behind it. But I cannot understand why Marq's own team haven't stepped up and told him to cut the crap.

There's a huge petition going on at Change.org to have Rossi's penalty removed and for him to start on the grid wherever he qualifies. It's nearly hit 500,000 which is a pretty huge number in such a short space of time. It's total and utter BS that Lorenzo was allowed to pass under a yellow and nothing happens. And then the race stewards go on to admit that Marq's own behaviour was wrong, but because they did not have a specific rule to charge him with what he was doing to Rossi, they then instead hit Rossi with a penalty. And here I was thinking MotoGP was free of the idiocy we endure in F1.

Marq will be a marked man for the rest of his career. You don't do that to a living legend of the sport and walk away scott free. He's too young and stupid to realize what he's done. But in time I guarantee you, he will regret it.

Something I thought of the other day was that if you've ever been boating and you're pulling up to dock -- if you're on the dock or on the boat, you use your leg to soften the contact and or push away the boat. That's what Rossi was doing. He wasn't pushing him to make him fall off, he was basically protecting himself and pushing him away to stop Marq's bike bashing into his bike/legs and such.

Good post, no matter what Rossi does, he demands respect by just what he has achieved. Doesn't give him free will to do as please but riders have to respect him, also you can't kick a rider of as softly as Rossi did, the bikes are to heavy. He would have had to a Steven seagal type snap kick to knock him off. Complete bs IMO, he just retaliated like any human would. There's heaps of touching like this that goes on throughout the field, that's why the front brake

Now has a cover over it to stop riders hitting someone else's brakes when they touch. It's just because there racing at the front that something must be done. I raced bmx when I was younger and we raced hard and close but if another rider came into your "space" and was going to make contact, you would do what ever you could to stay upright, wether that meant sticking elbows out, or legs to stabilise or slightly push the other rider away to prevent an accident. If Marques back out as he was on the outside way of the racing line, this wouldn't have happened, yeah Rossi pushed him wider but Marquez still wanted to push back when clearly he was out done.

Technically no different from what Marquez did to Rossi in assen, just Rossi didn't keep leaning in, instead went straight on and it turned out to be the right thing to do.

Just forget about who did what to who and when for a minute.

Rider number 46 intentionally slowed and went wide in an apparent effort to cause rider number 93 to go wide and run off the track.

Is that against the rules or not?

I don't think he intentially went to push him of the circuit, I think they both were trying to see who would give in first but yes it's against the rules. But if a penalty serves here, then assen should also as one could argue Marquez attempted such a rediculous move to push Rossi of the bike and circuit, so how do you play it? It's the inconsistancy, that's the problem.

Yeah by bashing another rider out the way. Marquez didn't get penalised for that but Rossi did for what he did. If Marquez didn't fall down, I don't think it would've been as bad as it has been made out to be.

Yep. Rossi crossed the line and got his arse spanked for it. I agree this is rare. Usually Rossi gets away with everything. Stoner, for example, must be smiling right about now. So will be many of the riders that over the years have been abused, intimidated, harassed, and ridiculed by Rossi.

The funny thing though is that, of all riders, it is Marquez who best copies Rossi. And that's the fear, ain't it? For all the whining from the Rossiettes, the real concern is that Marques will pay Rossi back. Oops! According to their fantasy tales that means that Marquez will do nothing wrong whatsoever. Funny, indeed.

The nationality argument is a delusional one too. Curious how the ones making it don't say anything about the Italians going after Lorenzo... even though, as a group, it is only the Italians who have actually done it before (if you have followed MotoGP long enough, you'll know what I'm talking about it).

Anyway. I don't give a crap about championships. Hell, I've seen so much fixing in motor racing that I've become indifferent to the very outcome of races. As soon as the flag drops, I'm out. Can't remember the last time I saw a podium.

For me, it is just about the racing and I enjoyed the exchange between Rossi and Marquez. My hope, my only real hope, is that there is a repeat of the last race but even more fierce, more intense, more to the very edge of what only these maniac geniuses can do.

All else is drama for the gullible.

You do have a point.

You honestly reckon Marquez is doing it on purpose tho?

Not on purpose as in its his main agenda but if he so happens to come across Rossi on the circuit, then he will do a little bit extra to make life abit more difficult for him. See he is in a position now where he can help Lorenzo and still win races as he is no longer in contention so it's a double whammy for Rossi in terms of points lost if you know what I mean? And that's exactly what Rossi is getting at, he can't fight Lorenzo fairly. Like in Malaysia, Lorenzo got by Marquez no problem and then pulls away while Marquez does whatever he can to keep Rossi at bay. Even if Rossi is faster, but then he has no chance to catch Lorenzo as his tyres are shot exchanging blows with Marquez while Lorenzo trots of into the distance. There has been quite a few races where Lorenzo has gone onto win and Rossi held up by Marquez. Only to finally get past and it's to late, tyres gone, one may argue that if Rossi is faster he should be able to pass, true but it's his long term pace that suffers while Lorenzo gets through wig minimal harm. That's the point iam trying to get across. Put it this way, if Marquez was as hard on Lorenzo as he is Rossi, even those two would hate each other as Lorenzo and Marquez would've most defiantly come together aswell, funny how those two are able to stay well clear of each other. Gentlemans agreement possibly?