Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

What's Your Take On Rossi Marques Incident?

Gut feeling here guys. Rossi has a lifetimes worth more credibility than Marquez. So it he's saying this stuff, I believe him.

What I find mind boggling is that they penalized Rossi. Yet did nothing towards Lorenzo passing under yellows.

Apparently two Italian tabloid journos got into some biff with Marquez in the last day or so. If the press then take hold of this and dig up footage to show Marquez was indeed practicing this, then MotoGP would be on par with with Fifa run decision making processes, like awarding World Cups to the corrupt.

This is not over yet. As I mentioned Marquez will regret this for the rest of his life. Think the underarm bowl.

11227555_1659067094378009_6805401895206237086_n.jpg?oh=5498a457cc14c7f68fc7189cc321ae3d&oe=56BAFC45&__gda__=1454910661_23b4da0c352d27a0cb1aa7e087da5753

Rossi will always be a legend. If this this penalty stands, he will only become more of a legend. Both Lorenzo and especially Marquez will most likely never live this down now.

The more footage I have seen, it's clear Marquez went down on purpose. And that Rossi was only defending himself from injury and or not knowing WTF Marquez was trying to do him. Other than gut feeling, he knew something was up. If he was indeed practicing to entice a tangle with Rossi, he should be banned for life, or at least a full season. Rossi has opened an appeal to CAS and his penalty has been suspended for now. I'm not what that means. Maybe a way to get out of this whole drama. Suspend the sentence, let it go to court, and then apply a penalty after the fact if it comes to that. That way Rossi can still race and win the title, but would have to start next year with points down or something like that.

At any rate, one petition on Change.org has 550,000 and the other 150,000 signatures. I'd hope those kinds of numbers would be making some folks at MotoGP quite nervous by now. But then again they might be like Todt and plod along in total isolation and the old see no evil, hear no evil, do no evil routine.

I also believe rossi's comments on Marquez helping Lorenzo came after the practice sessions.

Sounds like Lorenzo is siding with Marquez over the incident and it has ticked Yamaha off. To the point there thinking of letting Lorenzo go at the end of the season.

http://m.autoevolution.com/yamaha-rumored-to-part-ways-with-lorenzo-because-of-his-attitude-in-the-rossi-case-101409.html

Oh hell yes. Good on Yamaha if they do do that.

Lorenzo came out and said Rossi deliberately took Marquez out and that the three point penalty wasn't enough. Heck, he even went as for as saying Rossi starting from last is still not enough of a penalty. That's sayes one thing to me, he is scared to fight Rossi neck and neck, he would rather win by default. Get rid of him, there are three riders out there that would make a good replacement and doesn't put themselves before the team and that's dovisioso, iannone or cal crutchlow. Proves the two types of competitors, Rossi dying to fight neck and neck while Lorenzo wants any advantage so he doesn't have to come across Rossi, weather it's in the ethics of the sport or not and he has the nerve to say Rossi is unsporting, how the fvck would he know? He wasn't involved, shouldn't throw stones if you live in a glass house. What a fvcking t0$$er IMO.

Could Yamaha fire his a## right now for insubordination or conduct unbecoming of the team?

I get that you want to beat your team mate, but this guys attitude is insane. The most this goes on, the better Rossi looks. Marquez is finished in my view as a rider. He may be on the grid next year, but if it's proven he was practicing to purposefully fvck with Rossi then I imagine even his own fans will dwindle. Because the other fans will eat him alive. Maybe he'll quit like the tosser Stoner.

I really hope Yamaha step up here and protect their guy Rossi. Because this tag team BS from Marquez and Lorenzo must be causing all kinds of trouble at Honda and Yamaha. You certainly would not want these tools to be the face of your brand now would you.

I just can't believe the back stabbing by Lorenzo. Even in the heat of the moment with webber and Vettel, webber never went down the lines of saying his team mate is dangerous and should be suspended. That's just a dog act, go back at him and beat him on the track not with words, he is so transparent, it's all because he is to chicken sh17 to fight for it, because he knows he will come off second best. Marquez, IMO he will have a pretty bad accent one day, he rides like he is invincible, sliding the bike around ridiculously, I can see him having a massive off one day. Like I mentioned earlier, this all boils down to Argentina and assen which were racing incidents and Marquez has put it in his head that Rossi did it on purpose and wants revenge. If It were me, I would rather loose out to a legend like Rossi than anyone else. Now it's gone to the arbitration of sport and so it bloody should. New footage shows Marquez coming of before contact, when he did fall his helmet hit rossi's leg and caused his leg to fall of the peg. If Marquez had half a brain, he would've braked earlier and zipped up the inside, he did it a few laps earlier,but he had other intentions.

he has the nerve to say Rossi is unsporting, how the fvck would he know? He wasn't involved, shouldn't throw stones if you live in a glass house. What a fvcking t0$$er IMO.

well by that logic no-one would know!

Rossi would and that's who's word we have to take. I would beleive Rossi over Lorenzo any day, reguardless if iam a Rossi fan or not. He holds way more creditablity than Lorenzo ever will.

Yeah that is pretty pathetic really by Lorenzo. Good move by CAS. Career defining moment now for him and Marquez. They will forever be tainted with the stint of collusion or not. Opinions will differ but one can only hope someone at Yamaha as had enough and will toss the prick in the gutter next year. Maybe Honda will be chomping at the bit to then pair him with this insane comrade. Whose left to represent Spain on the great & humble sporting personalities. Most likely Nadal is all that is left. Contador was a cheat and The Emporer, he don't need no friends anyway.

I really can't beleive this hey? I've never liked Lorenzo but he can bloody ride a bike but he never really struck me as the type to "cheat" his way to a title. I say cheat because he is going to whatever length he can to make sure he secures the title off track without having to fight Rossi on it. So he has a clear advantage from the word go on top of the advantage he has from Rossi starting last and out of all this all Rossi wants is the ban to be lifted so he can fight fairly against Lorenzo, but Lorenzo wants any adavatage he can get. When we look back at this in the years ahead you'll will remember a championship won by someone who took the integrity away from the sport to win a championship by not allowing his main rival to fight fairly for it. This incident had nothing to do with Lorenzo anyway, it's about Rossi and Marquez, I would have told him to p1$$off to.

Here's a slightly different camera angle that clearly shows the incident

So Rossi's penalty didn't get lifted. I see it like this, everyone knows the rivalry between Rossi and Marquez by now and it's clear as day Marquez was really trying to provoke Rossi. I don't condone rossi's behaviour either but it's not as extreme as it initially looked. After more conclusive videos came out, it seemed Marquez was trying to push Rossi over and was down before initial contact was made. I just hope all the riders ahead get out of the way of Rossi and let him cruise up to the top 3. That would be justice down and done correctly, but this is a sad day for MotoGP, Rossi got robbed. All he wants to to have an opportunity to fight fair on level playing field, Lorenzo wants any adavatage he can get, wether it's morally right in terms of the sport or not. He claims Rossi acted in such a bad way, yet his behaviour has been exactly the same of the track. Rossi will be a champion reguardless of what happens.

True Rossi's stature will only grow in his supporters eyes, and his haters will rage away for decades to come. But he has more supporters than haters.

I said that earlier too, I really hope the other riders all move aside and let him pass so that he can get into the top 3-4 on the first lap. I think Rossi has to finish 2nd anyway to take the title. So even without a penalty it's not going to be easy.

If Rossi hadnt been such a twat with his bs move then he would still be in with a shot at the championship. Marquez's bs aside.

That is true, but how long can you pull a dogs tail before he bites? This was bound to happen at some point, just so happens it's at the part of the season that has added effects to go along with the penalty.

Yep a total d#ck. But I imagine Yamaha had something to say about that It's murmured they are going to fire his a## for next year, title or no title.

Notice he never apologised to Rossi for the gesture. Only for the fans and kids who may have been offended. You can't get much more of a force non apology apology than that.