Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

blackpebel

Us Gp

Ajay Nico's best chance was last year. I don't think he'll be a contender again. He was charging along until Spa. Then something happened majorly behind closed doors that still affects him I feel. I can't put my finger on it, but the stink Hamilton and his fans brought on after that has changed Nico for the worst. And ironically I still feel Spa was a genuine racing incident. It seems Hamilton can do no wrong, even if he's pushing his team mate completely off the track. But if a racing incident happens against him, OMG it's cause he's black or something totally ridiculous.

Yeah something happened alright "Lewis your number one and nico your number 2"

Nothing happened, Nico was only in with a chance in 2014 because Lewis messed up quali a few times and had worse reliability for the first half of the season. People may not like Lewis but it's plain to see he is simply a better driver than Nico. To compare Austin lap 1 with Nico's mistake at Spa last year is totally ridiculous IMO

I'm not comparing incidents, rather how the team dealt with them. Before that Nico was a different driver. After that, he's never been the same.

Hamilton made such a stink about Monaco and Spa. He wouldn't shut up about it. And yet here he is running Nico off the track on purpose. They are not the same type of incidents, rather it's mentioned to show intent, hyprocrisy and the disease that has infested Merc since they betrayed Brawn and showed him the door.

Apparently Toto is not preaching how bad things will get for F1 if Bernie goes ahead and brings in the Indy V6 Twin Turbos. Oh so now you're interested in the show are you Toto? or providing fair and equal equipment to all your customers? I doubt it. He knows as soon as the teams then have a chance be it rule changes or whatever, to finally be able to race without having their hands tied behind their backs, this duck shooting in a barrely nonsense will end. If Merc are so good, SUPPLY RED BULL with the same engine!! They won't. They are cowards.

With Nico and Spa it may have been that that was the day he finally decided to be aggressive with Lewis, which isn't his usual style, and it failed - to the extent that his bosses publically condemned him and he was booed on podiums, and perhaps that's stuck with him - he now won't be so aggressive and Lewis ends up just beating him out of the way - hence why he seems a different driver since then.

As for his general demeanour in 2015 well there's no mystery there, and it's not Spa - he's said himself just today in his newspaper/magazine column that he feels like there's some kind of invisible force preventing him from succeeding, be it fate or bad luck.

Agree with everything else. Any change needs every team to approve, and Merc won't allow any change that threatens their dominance.

First race I have watched in a while as I was getting bored. Only watched as so many people said it was a good race.

It was... alright. Nothing special and certainly not "good".

Hammy's move on Rosberg was just a racing move. Nothing special, not sure why it created such a stir.

Rosberg needs to grow up. Sulking on the podium, etc. Very childish. Showed me the right Mercedes driver got the title. Rosberg needs to develop a thicker skin.

First race I have watched in a while as I was getting bored. Only watched as so many people said it was a good race.

It was... alright. Nothing special and certainly not "good".

Hammy's move on Rosberg was just a racing move. Nothing special, not sure why it created such a stir.

Rosberg needs to grow up. Sulking on the podium, etc. Very childish. Showed me the right Mercedes driver got the title. Rosberg needs to develop a thicker skin.

Grabthaw has spoken!

well Lewis said he under steered into nico as in those conditions, all the grip was on the outside where nico was. Iam not defending either as I still haven't seen it yet but is what Lewis saying a possibility?

Also I have to agree with Jem, Lewis is simply better. Nico has a good race now and then but no way consistant enough. Just like webber and Vettel.

I reckon schumi retired just as he was eventually finding his feet again.

Yep. Had the Schu stayed only one more year, he WOULD have won races. Another title? Who knows, but he would have been on the top podium many times more.

But there was no way to know Merc were going to be so much better the next year. He could have stayed and very well endured another spell of Mercs qualifying great, and totally fading out in the race.

Grabthaw, I seem to remember Hamilton totally spitting the dummy last year in Monaco. Or was that this year... or both! He was about as unprofessional as you can get. Total and utter sour puss. So don't be too hard on Nico because Hamilton has shown many times he's no better.

Yep. Had the Schu stayed only one more year, he WOULD have won races. Another title? Who knows, but he would have been on the top podium many times more.

But there was no way to know Merc were going to be so much better the next year. He could have stayed and very well endured another spell of Mercs qualifying great, and totally fading out in the race.

Grabthaw, I seem to remember Hamilton totally spitting the dummy last year in Monaco. Or was that this year... or both! He was about as unprofessional as you can get. Total and utter sour puss. So don't be too hard on Nico because Hamilton has shown many times he's no better.

Totally agree with both subjects in that post.

Agree that is equally as unpalatable. Just no need for it. These guys are supposed to be top of their game. Sulky childish behaviour just shouldn't happen.

Yeah but at least Lewis was on the podium and at least shook nico's hand, nothing like this from nico and Lewis won the title. Boo hoo you lost the Austin race, this has happened twice to Lewis over the course of two years at the same bloody event, Monaco. So if we're complaining about Lewis's behaviour, nico's needs to be reminded that if you can take the good, you defiantly can take the bad.

None of this would have happened under Brawn. Just goes to show that Lauda, Toto and Paddy cannot even between them all manage drivers. And I seriously doubt they ever will be able to.

True but I don't think it's that, I think it's down to there choice of drivers. Think about it for a minute, before they started winning all the time, nico was there man, being German (on paper) and driving for a historic german team, he is the guy they want to win. Then they sign a mega deal with Lewis so now they have a driver they want to win for marketing purposes and then there's the driver they have to satisfy as he is the teams main investment. For it to work in harmony, nico or Lewis has to go and I got a funny feeling it won't be Lewis. Do you see where iam coming from? Nico is the perfect number two, just like webber was, there's so many similarities with Vettel and webber like there is with Hamilton and rosberg. They need a driver just as good as nico but will do as he is told and that will only be an up and coming young driver as he would relish the opportunity just to drive a car like that so he would do as he is told.

Agree that is equally as unpalatable. Just no need for it. These guys are supposed to be top of their game. Sulky childish behaviour just shouldn't happen.

Bah, todays childish behaviour is tomorrows oh, I wish there were more drivers with an attitude like in the old days" :P

After all, one of the most obnoxious, childish drivers I've ever seen is now a legend: James Hunt.

They are all like that, and we secretly enjoy the soap opera ;)

James hunts behaviour was more to do with "coming down" from the night before lol. I know exactly how he felt.

This is all much ado about nothing. What is there to manage? The drivers are fine. Sure Nico sulked at the last race but that was because he threw away a win and is frustrated at how his season has gone. Lewis has sulked in the past too but he is outwardly emotional, & thank god in this age of F1-driver-robots. Baffles me why drivers are chastised on here for showing their emotion. It's unprofessional to be disrespectful but it's not disrespectful to look down when you've just missed out on a victory that really should've been yours, like Monaco this year with Lewis, and USA for Nico. Always seems like you guys prefer a bunch of Nick Heidfelds who have no personality whatsoever!

This is all much ado about nothing. What is there to manage? The drivers are fine. Sure Nico sulked at the last race but that was because he threw away a win and is frustrated at how his season has gone. Lewis has sulked in the past too but he is outwardly emotional, & thank god in this age of F1-driver-robots. Baffles me why drivers are chastised on here for showing their emotion. It's unprofessional to be disrespectful but it's not disrespectful to look down when you've just missed out on a victory that really should've been yours, like Monaco this year with Lewis, and USA for Nico. Always seems like you guys prefer a bunch of Nick Heidfelds who have no personality whatsoever!

You should watch Quick Nick in Formula E ;)

His name is bs. I watched him race here at the gc 600 a few years back when he had a crack at v8 Supercars. Bah, no good.