Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

blackpebel

Us Gp

Bah, todays childish behaviour is tomorrows oh, I wish there were more drivers with an attitude like in the old days" tongue.png

I take your point (and good to see you again Andres), but the memorable attributes that spring to mind from the past are episodes like Senna Crashing into Prost (and vice versa) and Schui marching down the pit lane to thump Coulthard after the wet Spa incident...

Rosberg acting like a big girl's blouse is one that I will consign to the "forget drawer" :-)

Always seems like you guys prefer a bunch of Nick Heidfelds who have no personality whatsoever!

Actually I'd rather Rosberg manned up a bit and gave as good as he got on the track. Poncing around throwing caps and not joining in on the podium ceremony just comes across as spoiled and brattish.

I used to like Rosberg but have gone right off him - he needs to direct his energy/angst into his driving - channel it there. (sounding a bit too much like Karate Kid now).... smile.png

No but your right mate. If you focus to much on other issues than the job at hand. You fail, your mind controls your actions, soon as you start thinking of something else, you start manifesting bad energy towards things your trying to achieve. People don't beleive the mind can control actions and events, why not? It controls your body.

I take your point (and good to see you again Andres), but the memorable attributes that spring to mind from the past are episodes like Senna Crashing into Prost (and vice versa) and Schui marching down the pit lane to thump Coulthard after the wet Spa incident...

Rosberg acting like a big girl's blouse is one that I will consign to the "forget drawer" :-)

Good to not see you again, Chris :)

Well, you have Hunt punching the guy that came to help him after an accident, Piquet and Mansell's (and pretty much evrybody else's) "cold war", and, if it weren't for the tragic ending, everybody would probably be still talking about how childish Gilles was for not talking anymore to Didier because "Pironi stole his championship".

I don't like Britney's attitude, I don't even like the guy as a driver, which I consider one of the most mediocre drivers that ever graced a championship winning car (along with the likes of Dave Walker, Rebaque and the JJ Lehto/Jos the Boss/Hebert combo), whereas Lewis is one of the greatest I've ever seen, and not because of these last 2 championships, as he only have beaten the new Rebaque, while everybody else was in GP2 (and Vettel all by himself in GP2.5) :P.

Anyways, I recall Lewis acting like a spoiled kid more than once (for example, at Monaco, with that "he stole my candy" look and leaving without congratulating Nico on the podium. So no, I don't see anybody here winning the "best attitude championship" (well, except for Pastor Maldonado, as he is usually being interviewed on Latin American TV and you would not believe how nice he is...and he looks sincere unlike Perez).

As for the "attitude-on-track championship", I agree. Nico is embarrassing to watch, if it werent for the cap-throwing, not-smiling-when-you-get-your-trophy dramas there would be no story whatsoever.

My point is, both are among the most childish and that is sometimes painful to watch.

Nico just wanted some attention as he knows it's all on his teammate now. Nico is a quite talented driver and rock solid mentally against everyone but Lewis. For some reason, Lewis just breaks him. This IMO goes back to when they were kids, so it runs deeper than you see it but that my opinion.

I feel for Nico. I still believe he's not that well supported at Merc. They pander to Hamilton, but don't seem to do much to really help Nico. They won't get rid of him, but honestly does anyone feel they are right behind him? I don't.

Exactly like the webber/Vettel times isn't it? Like Mark, nico was the main man and had all the support. Then a new driver comes in and takes it all away, exactly like webber and Vettel IMO, now like webber, he is a number two driver who refuses to accept his place when it's obvious as day. The other thing to, Lewis has come out and said he doesn't feel the need to help nico secure second place in the championship as Mercedes have won both already, same as what Vettel said about webber at one point or another. He also said he will aiming for another win, so tough love for nico.

But Webber was more of a match for Vettel when looking at the time they spent together. Some years Vettel blasted him away, others Webber was winning good races.

I think the gap is greater between Nico and Hamilton. And I still believe Red Bull were more fair in how they treated both. You never saw Horner or Newey smirking when Webber went out of the race. I know Marko didn't get on with Webber, but that happens, sometimes people just don't get along.

But Webber was more of a match for Vettel when looking at the time they spent together. Some years Vettel blasted him away, others Webber was winning good races.

I think the gap is greater between Nico and Hamilton. And I still believe Red Bull were more fair in how they treated both. You never saw Horner or Newey smirking when Webber went out of the race. I know Marko didn't get on with Webber, but that happens, sometimes people just don't get along.

You think so? I think nico is stronger than mark in comparison and iam a huge webber fan.

I would bet all the money I have that Wolff wasn't smirking because Nico went off the track

I agree, whoever has control to what we see on the world feed, was just trying to stir the pot.

Why didn't nico just turn in on Lewis? If he did that to me, I'd turn into him, he pushed nico of the track. If there was no run off and just gravel on the outside, Lewis would've had a penalty and it would've looked 10x worse also. Nico would've had no alternative but to hit Lewis and Lewis would've been penalised for causing an accident as nico would've had no where to go. These run offs don't punish drivers for mistakes or for pushing other drivers wide. The question is, would've Lewis been able to pull of that move in the first place if there was no run off? I don't think so.