Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

spiral.out

Haas Ahahahaaaaa

Haas chassis 'a better design' than Ferrari'

Gene Haas says his new F1 team believes it has a chassis which is "a better design" than next year's Ferrari.

We think our chassis in some ways will be better than a Ferrari chassis because we're using some more…I won't say state of the art but we're taking a different approach than Ferrari is and we think it's probably a better design.

"The Ferrari is more conventional"

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/view/545737/Haas_chassis_a_better_design_than_Ferrari/

Lmao I read about this, how many times have we seen new teams make bold claims like this? Remember BAR? They said the would fight for the title in the first season, result, zero points the entire season.

Just arrogance and no respect IMO. If it was as easy as haas makes it out, so many teams wouldn't have folded in the past, even teams that won races and had a decent challenge for championships have folded, look at Jordan for instance.

Everytime finds out how much tougher F1 is once you are live and racing. Hilarious. It's not April 1st is it?

Haas are completely deluded if they think a team like Ferrari can be surpassed just like that.

I have to remind everyone that Dallara are building the chassis. I also feel Dallara might have played a part in the design as well. This isn't a newly formed F1 team run by Andrian Newey, Ross Brawn and James Allison, this is Haas/Dallara we are talking about.

how does Gene Haas know what Ferrari's 2016 car design is? He's probably just getting excited because f1 design is way more advanced than what he's been used to, so now he thinks his new car is the best thing motorsport has ever seen

BAR took humiliation to new levels, trying to launch 2 cars with different liveries then finding out that was against the rules. You'd think they would've checked first!

I remember pollock saying that they would have the equipment needed for Villeneuve to challenge for the title in the first season. Ohh what a crack up

I liked the different designs for each car BAR had going. F1 is so bland it's insulting to dry white toast. F1 drivers can't even change their helmet designs anymore. BAR did ok in some races. I recall Sato doing great at Indy and Button as well. JV got some podiums. It wasn't a total disaster when you take a step back. I mean how many podiums have McLaren got lately? The only real fiasco out of the whole BAR/Honda ordeal was Earth Dreams. And that was way over JV or Pollock.

BAR wasn't the disaster people like to make them out to be. The main issue was JV not winning again once he went there, but that was the gamble that I could quite easily say Alonso is dealing with right now. The difference though is that people excuse Alonso and rubbish McLaren. But with JV it was all his fault apparently, and Pollocks too. They tried, they actually did ok. It was sad to see JV's career go that path, but he got paid well. Give the guy some credit. He had offers to bail and come back to top teams, but he stuck with BAR. That's loyalty. Yet when modern day drivers bail on a team, or when Lotus for instance bails on their 3x year Renault deal, it's not considered the same. Alonso bailed on McLaren after one year, let's not forget that. Button screwed over Williams twice on contracts if I recall correctly.

JV was ok still when at BAR. But when he left F1, he became jealous and envious of the people still racing. I get that he still wanted to race, but he could have been more graceful. Instead he's the goto guy for stupid quotes and comments. The fact he's taken alot of cheap shots at Kimi over the last few years only makes me dislike him just that little bit more. I had been a big fan of his since the glory days of ChampCar. Oh ChampCar, how I miss thee.

Your missing the entire point monkey. I agree with most of what you said above and yes BAR did have some good races but the issue is claiming dominance or being as competitive as the front runners way before the car has turned a wheel, way before the car has entered a Grand Prix.

1- it makes a mockery of the sport to begin with

2- it show no respect to any team which has or is participating

3- it's shows no respect to any drivers past or present. That's why when they fall, they fall so hard and with such embarrassment. I know confidence is needed and aiming sky high is a positive thing, but when it's virtually impossible, I beleive common sense and respect is needed. Both BAR and now Haas claiming there car is this good or that quick, cmon are they for real?

Yea I was just talking about 1999. After that they got some better people onboard and some decent results - then 2004 came and they came 2nd in the WDC! As a Button fan that was a great but also frustrating year (no victories). As for Villeneuve, I don't think anyone blamed him for BAR's early failures, but he shouldn't have been saying in late '98 that he was going to win the title in '99. Mind you, he was probably told to say all those things. The only standout memory I have of '99 for JV was that spectacular eau rouge crash!

Yea I was just talking about 1999. After that they got some better people onboard and some decent results - then 2004 came and they came 2nd in the WDC! As a Button fan that was a great but also frustrating year (no victories). As for Villeneuve, I don't think anyone blamed him for BAR's early failures, but he shouldn't have been saying in late '98 that he was going to win the title in '99. Mind you, he was probably told to say all those things. The only standout memory I have of '99 for JV was that spectacular eau rouge crash!

BAR 2nd in WDC?? That was with Button right? I actually cant remember...

JV also invested some of his own cash into BAR, I remember that

I remember young gun Felipe Massa outpacing him for the entire 2005 season which led Ferrari to sign him.

I think that a business like Haas is very well structured and they do have a huge talent pool to drag from. I would not be surprised to see Haas F1 up in the top 5 teams.

So did Honda/BAR. It doesn't mean anything on how well structured things are as its all about timing, everything is in this sport. Doesn't matter if your Ferrari or Mercedes or who ever the champion challenging teams are at the time. Who ever nails the new regs each few years dominates for that period.

Rubens said every year that it was his year to win. I recall DC doing the same.

I think they say it more for sponsors and such. Who would support or sponsor a team if they said, you know we're going to do ok I guess, maybe score a point by the end of the year. Probably no one accept the Venezuelan government.

According to inside reports, Mclaren is on the verge of huge gains for 2016. Can't get any worse than this year and the info came from a very reliable source, so reliable Infact, he was a former driver. Just bare in mind guys, if Mclaren does Infact improve next year to the point there regular point finishers and podium results, I'll burn you all for not having faith in them, as I've already stated before that they have to get better next year, just keep that in mind guys, don't say I didn't warn you all lol.

like a former driver would have such exclusive insight ???

I really cannot see McLaren/Honda being up the top..

like a former driver would have such exclusive insight ???

I really cannot see McLaren/Honda being up the top..

Yea exactly, as he was in the exact some scenario a while ago with the Honda engines.

oops I meant BAR were 2nd in the WCC. Button was 3rd in the WDC & often the only one to present Ferrari with any form of challenge. I reckon McLaren will be improved next year but they've been getting things wrong for years now so I'm not expecting podiums.

McLaren aren't going to make huge gains next year. That's all for show, PR and to keep Alonso happy. If anyone was going to make progress this year it was Renault, but they have managed to look even worse than last year. McLaren havn't made any progress this year. They won't make much next year which I think will be Alonso's last in that team. Vandoorne will get the 2017 seat.