Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

spiral.out

Where Is Everyone Posting?

How did I know the worst stereotype in Michael Jackson would come out? I meant he has to be super flashy and try to stand out. Besides Michael touched no kids, it was the government and illuminati that set him up, look into it.

i'm just kidding, im a big MJ fan.

I think Lewis is just being himself, and wish more of the other drivers would do the same

If he was genuine sure, why not be yourself. But I've never felt he's ever been genuine. The gold chains, the hip hop rap outfits he wears seems all forced to me. I don't know him so I realize I could be wrong, but I do know that when people go on so much about how they party and life is good and display this notion of their life, they are more often than not pretending. The Kimis and Vettels are living their life without telling the world about it. So much so that neither is on social media which I find very cool. They don't need to. Their life is private. Hamilton is at the top of the social media list. He has the most "followers" of all current F1 drivers. Could it be he doesn't really have a proper grouded life and thus has surrounded himself with groupie clinger on'ers? It happens with with movie and music stars, why would this guy be any different.

If he was genuine sure, why not be yourself. But I've never felt he's ever been genuine. The gold chains, the hip hop rap outfits he wears seems all forced to me. I don't know him so I realize I could be wrong, but I do know that when people go on so much about how they party and life is good and display this notion of their life, they are more often than not pretending. The Kimis and Vettels are living their life without telling the world about it. So much so that neither is on social media which I find very cool. They don't need to. Their life is private. Hamilton is at the top of the social media list. He has the most "followers" of all current F1 drivers. Could it be he doesn't really have a proper grouded life and thus has surrounded himself with groupie clinger on'ers? It happens with with movie and music stars, why would this guy be any different.

Yeah exactly and I agree 100%. You don't see Prince William dressing like Tupac Shakur all because he wants to do you? No, he follows tradition and certain codes and IMO f1 being the pinnacle of all Motorsport, should sort of be the same. First few f1 years, he acted like an f1 driver. Now I think it's the new found confidence after winning so many races, thinks he bigger than the sport and wants to be the first to push f1 in this new direction.

Prince William has to wear a suit and be all smiles and handshakes etc because he's a prince and can't live a normal life, but isn't that sad? Are you saying f1 drivers should be like that too, ie no personality, just the epitomy of professionalism by not expressing themselves at all? Not for me.

That's the pinnacle of Motorsport though, it should hold that honour, that prestige. If you don't want to follow the "code" don't become an f1 driver. He's doing a job only 20-22 people can do that millions or billions would love to do, have a bit more respect in that regard is all Iam saying. Why wasn't he like this the moment he came that he sport? Because he didn't know how far he could push boundaries and he had respect for the sport and drivers in general and not only that, people would go "what a c#cky bugger" so what's the difference now? Now he is winning its like "well Iam world champion I can do this" funny

When he isn't dominating he doesn't have th time to post like he does now. It's almost a mockery IMO, "I can relax and do all this and still beat you, because of our huge advantage" while other drivers and teams are busy trying to catch up let alone pass Mercedes, in a sport that penalises innovation and perfoance gains.

No the reason he didn't do it in the earlier years (besides the fact social media was only booming around that time) is because he drove for McLaren, who have always been OTT regarding driver image - have a shave, act like a robot and so on. And it was during those years that he was most 'stressed' if you like, couldn't really be himself, got frustrated a lot and made mistakes. At Mercedes he's been allowed to let his hair down and has made it clear several times that he's enjoying life a lot more. I think it shows in his driving too, he still has flaws but there are far less errors and he's in the best 'zone' of his career so far.

Yeah McLaren have a history of being totally skitso when it comes to PR and image. And yet there was Alonso on the back of the truck with the other drivers, doing some sort of combined drivers parade aroudn Brazil and I could not believe how UGLY the shirt was he had on. UGGGGLLLLLLY. My goodness it looked like one of those crap shirts you get at those booths in the mall that do lettering or engraving. They used to Hugo Boss, and now K-Mart has better shirts than that atrocious ugly thing. Did you guys see that?

No I didn't, bet you go on the f1 site also and they want your arm and leg for it.

Yeah McLaren have a history of being totally skitso when it comes to PR and image. And yet there was Alonso on the back of the truck with the other drivers, doing some sort of combined drivers parade aroudn Brazil and I could not believe how UGLY the shirt was he had on. UGGGGLLLLLLY. My goodness it looked like one of those crap shirts you get at those booths in the mall that do lettering or engraving. They used to Hugo Boss, and now K-Mart has better shirts than that atrocious ugly thing. Did you guys see that?

Are you talking about this shirt???

Minimalist I say...the emperor has no clothes

post-1015-0-18550900-1448171448_thumb.jp

Yeah that's it. Go closeup on it and look at the plain white pocket. Everything about that shirt shows cheap. The cut, the design, the lack of colour. And the white pocket, OMFG, that's a design from a shirt from the 70s and 80s. Horrid.

Then look at the shirts from the Hugo Boss era of McLaren. They look a lot better. My guess is they probably don't even have a clothes sponsor anymore, and someone in-house has both chosen the shirts and designed them.