Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

Abu Dhabi Gp

We have to wait and see what happens with Vettel and Ferrari as a new team always is a fresh start. Remember the fantastic season Alonso had in his first season in 2010, almost won the title and he had quite a few sucesful seasons after that and it's the same with Seb and as soon as they have a shocker, they blame it on Fernando,

So the same will have to apply to Seb of Ferrari ends up that way again. Remember Ferrari offered Alonso a contract extension to 2019 and he knocked it back to join Mclaren, Ferrari wouldn't have left Fernando out of development last season, they would have eventually, towards the end of the season, not at the beginning so I firmly believe he would've known the car would be better but I don't think it was enough to make him stay. He always saw Mclaren as unfinished business so I beleive he truly wants to be there and to succeed. People can't get angry with his frustration as he is a racer and these results, although somewhat predictable, is still frustrating and Mclaren say that there new car is already ahead of the 2015 car. I wonder what excuses people will come up with if Mclaren do actually get podiums and regular points finishes next year. I've already warned I will be on the war path to rub it in if they do suceed so I want realistic excuses as I honestly do beleive that they will be much higher up the grid.

We have to wait and see what happens with Vettel and Ferrari as a new team always is a fresh start. Remember the fantastic season Alonso had in his first season in 2010, almost won the title and he had quite a few sucesful seasons after that and it's the same with Seb and as soon as they have a shocker, they blame it on Fernando,

So the same will have to apply to Seb of Ferrari ends up that way again. Remember Ferrari offered Alonso a contract extension to 2019 and he knocked it back to join Mclaren, Ferrari wouldn't have left Fernando out of development last season, they would have eventually, towards the end of the season, not at the beginning so I firmly believe he would've known the car would be better but I don't think it was enough to make him stay. He always saw Mclaren as unfinished business so I beleive he truly wants to be there and to succeed. People can't get angry with his frustration as he is a racer and these results, although somewhat predictable, is still frustrating and Mclaren say that there new car is already ahead of the 2015 car. I wonder what excuses people will come up with if Mclaren do actually get podiums and regular points finishes next year. I've already warned I will be on the war path to rub it in if they do suceed so I want realistic excuses as I honestly do beleive that they will be much higher up the grid.

This is where you and me differ, Alonso played a game of politics againts Mattiaci and lost...., Yes, they did offer him an extension, but he wanted his own terms... Outplayed, Outwitted and Outlasted. This period with Mclaren hopefully has taught him some humility

That's my take on it too. Alonso played a game thinking her had the upper hand, but lost big time. He miscalculated his importance and worth to Ferrari. Vettel outplayed him in every aspect.

I don't know if Alonso is learning any humility at the moment. I suspect he's still getting his a## kissed and being told he's still the greatest.

Ze Emperor will face a tough year next year, because the a## kissing will eventually stop. And then he'll be off to Renault.

Raging Fat Flav is a terrible manager btw. I think that's been a big part of Alonso's problems over the years in the off timing when moving to new teams.

That's where I think your wrong brad. Because we didn't know where Alonso was going for months, not even until the off season, so if Ferrari didn't want him then no extension would've been offered. Ferrari is still Ferrari and if you bad mouth them of play games with them, they will boot you, doesn't matter who you are. Like I said earlier, Alonso would've known the improvement on the car for this year so I don't think the car was the issue, I firmly believe he wanted to win at Mclaren. He has said deep down Mclaren is his favourite team and has been that way his whole life.

That's where I think your wrong brad. Because we didn't know where Alonso was going for months, not even until the off season, so if Ferrari didn't want him then no extension would've been offered. Ferrari is still Ferrari and if you bad mouth them of play games with them, they will boot you, doesn't matter who you are. Like I said earlier, Alonso would've known the improvement on the car for this year so I don't think the car was the issue, I firmly believe he wanted to win at Mclaren. He has said deep down Mclaren is his favourite team and has been that way his whole life.

So, just to clarify your position on this...

Alonso knows the Ferrari car will improve, 2015 and then especially 2016, because the dna of the car will substantially be based on Allison's influence. So he has a good chance of competing for the championship again... at least 2016. Therefore he's not willing to wait any longer and jumps to Mclaren who, as everyone predicted, will struggle with the introduction with the new hybrid V6 engine. The risk of it taking years to resolve was very realistic, as we can see now. Everyone saw this. Any nincompoop could see it, any novice, any expert. But he wants to win according to your words... It will realistic take another 2-3 years for Mclaren to climb this ladder and be at the front again, by then he will be history in terms of a driving force, if he already is'nt....

No my friend, I'de rather believe this... and I hope you will read it this time... every word. Alonso Outwitted, Outlasted and Outplayed...

http://www.motorsportmagazine.com/f1/ferrari-in-2014/

Alonso wouldn't have known how good there 2016 car will be, no one knows. Ferrari wouldn't have blocked him out of knowing what was going and how the new car would shape out as he himself didn't know what he was doing at the time. Ferrari would've known much later on but not as early mad many seem IMO. And I beleive Mclaren will be scoring "decent" points next season and I will be burning all the people who disagreed if it so happens and can't wait for the excuses either. But we have to wait and see, just easy to kick someone down you don't like when there down already. People don't even recognise the efforts put in all because he is not in camera and towards the back. He had much more problems than button did this season so it's a case of "points don't tell the story" imo.

Alonso wouldn't have known how good there 2016 car will be, no one knows. Ferrari wouldn't have blocked him out of knowing what was going and how the new car would shape out as he himself didn't know what he was doing at the time. Ferrari would've known much later on but not as early mad many seem IMO. And I beleive Mclaren will be scoring "decent" points next season and I will be burning all the people who disagreed if it so happens and can't wait for the excuses either. But we have to wait and see, just easy to kick someone down you don't like when there down already. People don't even recognise the efforts put in all because he is not in camera and towards the back. He had much more problems than button did this season so it's a case of "points don't tell the story" imo.

Yes, but Webric, you yourself said Alonso could have seen an upward trend with the Ferrari development, and the fact that Alison joined. His effect will only be really visible 2016, cause the 2015 car still carries some dna from the 2014 car? Rather take that risk than going to an unknown quantity where he CAN'T actually win, which you said his intention was to win, and take that huuuuggge gamble / risk... It does'nt make sense looking at the facts!

unless of course, there's politics involved, as that article stipulates

He had much more problems than button did this season so it's a case of "points don't tell the story" imo.

Do u agree thats what happened last year at RBR too, when Vettel was severely compromised right from the start of the season even when testing started...

No it's a totally different issue, for the fact being that Vettel was at that team for years before Ricciardo came along. He was undoubtably the number one driver and had been for 5 years prior to that so the whole car would've been built around him. Alonso just joined Mclaren and jenson was there already a long time so it's a total different situation. I think he made the wrong choice for sure but I honestly think he would've been persuaded quite heavily also, but that happens with every driver. I don't think it will be much an issue for much longer as I beleive they will improve next season quite dramatically but it's my opinion and by all means I do respect yours brad and also monkeys.