Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

Who Will Pinch Verstappen?

Been thinking the last day or so over a story I read and was posted on here by another member and it was about Mercedes and saying a driver lineup may be needed if tensions continue to grow. Now since that statement was made I've read a story by a valuable source, BBC in fact and it was Lewis yet again complaining and saying it's actually Nico that's the whinger. Now IMO this is Lewis playing at it already, so he is starting to push the "rift" and create more drama. We know Mercedes would keep Lewis over Nico as the salary suggests, so if Nico went, is this Mercedes already hinting there after Verstappen? Both Ferrari and Mercedes already have expressed interest but is this merc trying to get ahead of the rest to look most attractive to Verstappen when the time comes? Interesting prospect to think about anyway, IMO Nico will be gone after 2016 and Verstappen will partner Lewis. Heck in a couple years time maybe Lewis and Verstappen will be butting heads as I beleive Verstappen could really get under people's skin. Just a thought anyway.

2017 I could see like this

Mercedes, Hamilton,Verstappen, Nico moves to Williams.

Ferrari, kimi restires and Ricciardo joins Vettel again.

RedBull, would be Kvyat and Sainz

Williams, massa retires and rosberg joins bottas. I beleive bottas will stay at Williams now, he missed the boat IMO.

Mclaren will keep alonso and button. That's the shakeup I would like to see happen and is quite believable at this stage I think.

Nico's not going back to Williams. Even though Merc supply them, I sense they have a closer relationship with Force India than Williams. Who knows where he goes, but it's not a forgone conclusion he will be the one leaving Merc. I got a strong sense Toto's words during the past day or so, were actually meant for Hamilton. He's creating some genuine real problems in the team harmony. By constantly arguing with his engineer. That's not going to last forever and I don't doubt Toto would do something about it. I mean they knifed Brawn in the back, so who is Hamilton compared with Brawn.

Kimi might not retire. He's even said as much. If he's still liking it, he'll stay on. In another team most likely, but I guess it all depends on how good it goes next year.

Bottas has missed the boat, but more likely, he's not the next big thing people thought he was. The Williams are good cars, so he should be doing better than what he's done. And by not smoking Massa, it shows he might be more hype than skill.

I'm not sure Ricci is on Ferrari's radar. Time will tell. Verstappen might have a better shot, but even still they historically have not hired young drivers.

Kvyat might be a driver who could join the "ex STR/RBR drivers club". I don't see a long career for him. Sainz on the other hand isn't invisible.

Imagine if kimi went to Williams and teamed up with bottas? Rosberg to Ferrari perhaps or Ricciardo to Mercedes? Verstappen steps up to RedBull alongside kvyat? As for bottas I think you might be right, I was always saying he was good and deserves the Ferrari seat. He is good but looking at this season and the improvement by massa, I think last season he looked better than he was as massa seemed to struggle more, so I think I agree now, but for Mercedes, I beleive there relationship is stronger with Williams than FI, as FI are in this the new constantly saying Aston Martin is taking them over, so Iam not sure. How's Renault finally taking over lotus? With the actual Name back I don't think Maldonado will last long. They have gone from Renault to lotus Renault to lotus and now back to Renault. Could been aimed at Hamilton as lately Rosberg has prooved, you don't need to spend 50 mill a year to get these results. Where would Hamilton go? Back to Mclaren?

The press took it to mean Toto's comments were aimed at Lewis, and he's even come out to try and defend himself and refute what has been said.

I don't know where Hamilton would go, I think McLaren for sure. He might try and goto Ferrari, but there is ZERO chance they would put up with his BS, and arguing over the radio, his tantrums and lack of professional behavior. ZERO. Ferrari are not a brand who put up with that, and for that matter neither is Ron at McLaren who have the strictest policies of all, for how one is groomed, PR events, promos for sponsors etc. He's got too big an ego now, so anything other than Ferrari he might baulk at it, and then go and try to become a Nascar star. Whatever, I hope he does it for the lolz.

Force India have been paired with Merc far longer then Williams. So I don't know, I still think they have a closer relationship than Williams do to Merc.

Renault coming back is good news. And TAG! Wow how awesome is that, taking over the branding for RBR engines. Makes Horner's comment about Ron not being happy all the more relevant since TAG stopped being a McLaren sponsor.

Yeah exactly. Sounded like the deal was done a while ago doesn't it?

Grosjean has improved imensly hasn't he? I mean at one stage we all rated him probably as high as Maldonado and now he is a quality driver who does put in some brilliant drives and is a driver many teams would be interested in but IMO if anyone is going to replace Raikkonen it would have to be Ricciardo, who else? Possibly Rosberg, but I agree with you monkey on the fact I don't think Ferrari would sign Hamilton as he simply isn't Ferrari material. He is to playboy like and Ferrari hates that, plus with how he's been shooting from the hip lately, they sacked Alain Prost for saying similar things back at the end of 1991, sacked him before the season was out and IMO he was a better driver than Hamilton is now.

Ah to be optimistic once again. If only I wasn't so jaded. I really do hope Kimi stays. Williams or Force India might be a good option, or who knows, maybe even Renault. But Permaine would have to get the chop if that were to happen. Who knows what will happen. But I'd hate to see him in a Manor at the back of the grid. No driver, even Alonso deserves that to end their career on.

Red bull won't let go of max, his in hook line n sinker so yous can't see Kyvat staying in F1? He was faster than Daniel this year, I find that interesting

kvyat was quick but wasn't quicker than dan. Dan had more bad luck and issues than kvyat did also, not taking away from kvyat but kvyat may have been more consistant but when dan had a trouble free race he was usually bringing double of what kvyat did. That's what I saw anyway, Hungary, Abu Dhabi prooved this IMO.

Kimi will stay till end 2017...maybe extend to 2018. You have heard it here first

Nope not at Ferrari, could most defiantly see him at Renault now IMO, in fact that's where he most likely would end up, Williams also a strong possibility as Massa has already stated that 2016 most likely will be his last season.

Ok this is how it is:

Current F1 superstars:

Vettel

Hamilton (unfortuantely)

Verstappen

Current young drivers who still have a chance to go somewhere

Ricciardo

Current young drivers who havent shown any real talent and wont be sought after by top teams

Bottas

Kvyat

Other mentions:

Kimi will hang around one more year in Ferrari, and then another if he can get within 10% of Vettel

Alonso and Button have destroyed their careers they might as well race V8s now

Rosberg will get the a## end of next year, unless Hamilton doesnt pull his fat head in. Hamilton needs to realise he hasn't really achieved anything notable in a world where the opposition is not allowed to catch up.

Everyone else is a waste of space. F1 isnt producing any real new talent and the cars dont require real drivers any more

Mclaren will challenge for podiums next season, you saw it here first.

Currently arguing with this clown on gtplanet forum and he is adamant schumi was still at Benetton in 1996. Lmao

They will undertake epic battles with Haas and Manor haha

Who knows honestly how much they will improve. They need to, but it might take these new changes to the engine regs for them to really make some movement forward.

Well they believe they will be fighting for podiums as a minimum but we have heard this before haven't we?

It's 100% BS speak if you ask me. ALL teams talk this way, say they want to win, battle at the front yada yada yada. THEY ALL DO IT. They do it for their sponsors mainly. They have their drivers talk up their chances, but most of the time it's total hot air.

Lol like Maldonado after winning in Spain saying he can win the title? Lmao.

Yeah that was classic and stupid. As if suddenly he was then going to be winning races each weekend. At the time he probably thought so, but he got lucky in the lottery days of Pirellis where the teams had no idea how the tyres were going to wear.

Nope not at Ferrari, could most defiantly see him at Renault now IMO, in fact that's where he most likely would end up, Williams also a strong possibility as Massa has already stated that 2016 most likely will be his last season.

Why not at Ferrari...of course...he's the perfect teammate. Does'nt critizise the team (Ferrari greatly appreciates this) even when he had his fair share of dfns and bad luck, is still fast despite his age and the team is in perfect harmony and equilibrium with him and Vettel....

Why not at Ferrari...of course...he's the perfect teammate. Does'nt critizise the team (Ferrari greatly appreciates this) even when he had his fair share of dfns and bad luck, is still fast despite his age and the team is in perfect harmony and equilibrium with him and Vettel....

True, you have a point.

It all depends on how 2016 goes for Kimi. If it's a ripper, then yes why not Ferrari. Vettel would want him obviously, Allison I suspect too. It just comes down to Arrivabene at the end of the day. Kimi's always had the support of the mechanics in all teams he's been in.

It he has a better year than this year, but let's say he still doesn't get any wins, but lots of podiums and good races, who knows what will happen. I think personally Verstappen is way to young to be a Ferrari driver, and history back that up. They have not gone for the young guns, rather drivers with experience. Secondly, RBR would not let Verstappen go anyway, even if he is driving for STR. I think he'll replace Kvyat at RBR.

I get now why Mika is hating on Kimi so much. He's Bottas' manager. Makes sense. But the shine has gone from Bottas. He could very well be just another Heidfeld, Fisi, Kovi type of driver.

I would have loved to have seen Kimi race for RBR, but that time has passed. If he's doing well and wants to race another year or two, I'm fairly confident he'll find a good team.