Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

Who Will Pinch Verstappen?

So will I, his fan base will bring plenty of support for whoever he drives for.

Hate to say it but Kimi's reputation is like Liverpool FC - a huge entity but only because of past glories. Today's Kimi and today's Liverpool are nothing like what they once were.

I see the following moves happening in the near future. The Scuderia chatted up Bottas but Verstappen would be their current first choice if it was not to rub Vettel up the wrong was and it will. Something for 2017? I see Hamilton in a Renault next year and he has nothing to lose and Merc may pick up Alonso in the short term though Magnussen would be my choice to push Rosberg. However, Button could give them another WDC too. Personally, if I were Ron Dennis I'd put Vandoorne in the car now and let Nando go. He's just a bundle of depressing trouble. Not what's needed right now.

Alonso has had a lot more issues and trouble than button this year and I beleive both of there input weather insulting to the team or not will benefit them sooner rather than later.

Hate to say it but Kimi's reputation is like Liverpool FC - a huge entity but only because of past glories. Today's Kimi and today's Liverpool are nothing like what they once were.

Killjoy :(. That's all we got now are the memories. But oh what memories we do have! Lots of good ones. And I think a driver such as Kimi will actually be remembered long after he's retired. He won't go the way of past drivers who you only remember because you heard their name being brought up. I mean honestly, who misses or talks about Rubens? Not many. But we still talk fondly of Sato haha

I see the following moves happening in the near future. The Scuderia chatted up Bottas but Verstappen would be their current first choice if it was not to rub Vettel up the wrong was and it will. Something for 2017? I see Hamilton in a Renault next year and he has nothing to lose and Merc may pick up Alonso in the short term though Magnussen would be my choice to push Rosberg. However, Button could give them another WDC too. Personally, if I were Ron Dennis I'd put Vandoorne in the car now and let Nando go. He's just a bundle of depressing trouble. Not what's needed right now.

McLaren isn't right in the head at the moment. They did K-Mag no favours being giving him a drive, and then for Ron to come out lately and say he didn't match the expectations put on him was harsh. I could easily see the same for Vandoorne, unless K-Mag's situation was more sticky and had to do with sponsorship money and things like that. Maybe that's what Ron was meaning, that he didn't furfill he end of the agreement.

I think Alonso needs to go. Wow can you imagine him at Merc? It would be insane. Hold on a minute!!! YES. Do it. Bring that team down from the inside like Troy. Good thinking.

Despite not liking him at all, I in a way feel a bit sorry for Alonso. But his sour attitude, it just never seems to be positive for him or those around him, and there is enough evidence to show it's as much in his own mind and behaviour as it is in the teams and cars he's been a driven for.

I think Bottas' time has come and gone. He's jumped the shark for me. Verstappen is most likely locked into a solid RBR contract and I think will be in the main team soon. He's still too young for Ferrari anyway as they just don't hire young guys, and he's the youngest there is. Give him a few more years to polish his racecraft and if he's still good, then sure why not Ferrari.

We'll have to wait and see who Renault trot out as their drivers for next year. Not sure either "Lotus" driver at this point will line up come the first race.