Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

Jv A Bitter Old Man.

Does this guy have it in for schumi or what? I've been watching some clips on YouTube and seen how there relationship developed overtime. In one video Villeneuve was asked just how good schumi is and he said on paper he is the best ever but anyone would be if you spent 10 years in a team built around you and 5 of those years you had no competition. I was like wtf!! He is a jealous clown by the looks of it and knows he only won his only title and 11 Grand Prix over two years in two of the best cars. Not even close to schumi IMO. Then he carries on about Jerez and Villeneuve is just as much to blame as schumi, he said he already decided he was going to pass schumi that lap no matter how far back he was, even if he went of the track. Now that to me intends he was planing a collision if schumi didn't turn in. Then he critised schumis driving yet I remember at Japan 97 he was all over the road at the start aggressively pushing schumi around. Can dish it out but can't take it back. Never knew he was this bad.

What he says now, don't let that fool you to JV's talent. He wasn't a clown in the car and won in Champ Car in what I would argue was quite possibly their best era of the sport. From about when Mansell won to when ChampCar collapsed was the pinnacle of their series.

If you say JV won in the best car at the time, that's not his fault. Begrudgingly I have to say the same about Hamilton. He's now been statistically in the most dominant car of ALL TIME in F1. In all of history, no other car has led more laps and dominated as much as these Mercs.

So you can't single out JV for being in a Williams. Because then you'd have to single out Damon too for winning.

What he says out of hte car and since he's retired, that's a matter one can get stuck into and criticize him till the cows come home. And this is coming from a HUGE JV fan of the past. Now, I only admire his ChampCar and early F1 days, the rest wasn't so good, but I still stuck by him during Sauber and BAR. But when he started shooting his mouth, and just couldn't stop, that's where my support for him ended.

What he says now, don't let that fool you to JV's talent. He wasn't a clown in the car and won in Champ Car in what I would argue was quite possibly their best era of the sport. From about when Mansell won to when ChampCar collapsed was the pinnacle of their series.

If you say JV won in the best car at the time, that's not his fault. Begrudgingly I have to say the same about Hamilton. He's now been statistically in the most dominant car of ALL TIME in F1. In all of history, no other car has led more laps and dominated as much as these Mercs.

So you can't single out JV for being in a Williams. Because then you'd have to single out Damon too for winning.

What he says out of hte car and since he's retired, that's a matter one can get stuck into and criticize him till the cows come home. And this is coming from a HUGE JV fan of the past. Now, I only admire his ChampCar and early F1 days, the rest wasn't so good, but I still stuck by him during Sauber and BAR. But when he started shooting his mouth, and just couldn't stop, that's where my support for him ended.

Yeah your right.

Does this guy have it in for schumi or what? I've been watching some clips on YouTube and seen how there relationship developed overtime. In one video Villeneuve was asked just how good schumi is and he said on paper he is the best ever but anyone would be if you spent 10 years in a team built around you and 5 of those years you had no competition. I was like wtf!! He is a jealous clown by the looks of it and knows he only won his only title and 11 Grand Prix over two years in two of the best cars. Not even close to schumi IMO. Then he carries on about Jerez and Villeneuve is just as much to blame as schumi, he said he already decided he was going to pass schumi that lap no matter how far back he was, even if he went of the track. Now that to me intends he was planing a collision if schumi didn't turn in. Then he critised schumis driving yet I remember at Japan 97 he was all over the road at the start aggressively pushing schumi around. Can dish it out but can't take it back. Never knew he was this bad.

Not only Schumie, he's been mouthing off Kimi for years!!! What is with that guy?????

Jealousy Brad. When Kimi came back into F1, he was all the rage, and a media darling. That never happened when JV made his comeback.

Mika seems to take pot shots at Kimi too I've noticed. Salo is a very close friend of Kimi, but it seems Mika isn't. Mika's in the Bottas supporters camp anyway, so maybe that explains it.

Jealousy Brad. When Kimi came back into F1, he was all the rage, and a media darling. That never happened when JV made his comeback.

Mika seems to take pot shots at Kimi too I've noticed. Salo is a very close friend of Kimi, but it seems Mika isn't. Mika's in the Bottas supporters camp anyway, so maybe that explains it.

Yep Jacques is certainly envious of kimi but kimi was actually succeeding in rally anyway, not lazing around making fvcking records. So it wasn't really a risk for kimi in the sense of he didn't do well he could just return to rally and take of where he left. Seems to be the way doesn't it? You either support bottas or kimi, there's like a void in the ground. Kimi fans on one side and bottas on the other seems Finns can't support both. But in saying that, mika did convince Ron Dennis to replace him with kimi when he retired. So in a way, I've always seen mika the one who really launched kimis career. As I beleive the original plan was to have Alesi partner coulthard.

Apparently he was there first choice followed by either wurz or heidfeld. But kimi got the seat so Alesi had no option but to retire. I mean not really an option, more likely tired of sub par cars.

JV has always been bitter even when he was younger.

Second that lol.

I don't honestly recall him bitter in his ChampCar platinum hair days. He was pretty exciting. Unlike the Glamilton we have now. At least JV really was a rebel back in his day.

It's just hard to like anyone you just never liked to begin with. But that's life in general.

That's totally cool. Sometimes you just don't like a person. But believe me, had you been watching ChampCar in the 90s, you would have most likely really liked JV. He was a genuine rebel and was an incredible racer in series full of superstars, great teams, great livery and also great racing.

I think he turned bitter when he was dropped from Sauber. Before that he was still positive and considering how the BAR venture didn't turn out the way he had hoped, he was remarkably upbeat.

Just think that in 3 years time if Alonso and Button are still toiling around the back of the grid, people are going to have to then cut JV some slack for the BAR years. It can honestly happen to any driver. Good timing and bad timing is just as much luck as it is foresight.

I saw him live mate, I live on the Gold Coast and went to every Indy race they had in surfers and watched mansell aswell. There's no denying his talent in champcar but I personally don't think he adapted to f1 aswell and when he got an uncompetitive car it showed. The bar situation was different, Mclaren didn't say at the start of the season that they would dominate and win the title did they? And at least they scored some points to back up whatever statement that they might have made. just my opinion.

I don't think anyone really blames JV for BAR's failure. He did himself no favours in 2003 though because he trash-talked Button pre-season and then ended up getting generally outperformed.

And I think he did the same to Massa didn't he? And the same thing happened lol.

It's always a mistake to trash talk a team mate. Was it really trash talking though? or just an overly aggressive pump yourself up, "think positive" type of thing

Was no link bro, heard Martin brundle talking about it at the time.

I know he was in a shoot out for the Jordan drive With Taku, n I think Arrows were interested but I would highly doubt Ron Dennis would have put Jean in one of his cars, I think Eddie Irvine had a better chance

No way, Alesi was a much better driver, he did drive for Jordan for a few races towards the end of the 2001 season.

Villeneuve was so much better an F1 driver than F1 fans remember. He's only the seventh or eighth worst World Champion of all time, in my opinion.

Villeneuve was so much worse a CART driver than CART fans remember. He had the right Reynard-Ford package in 1995 and still barely beat out a guy in a Penske-Mercedes that was so foul it failed to qualify at Indianapolis.

But none of that matters. It's a guy racing nothing of consequence these days commenting on an F1 that becomes of less and less consequence each year in a sporting category that, as a whole, left the public consciousness a decade ago.

I watched onboard footage the other day of Gaston Mazzacane blasting his Minardi around Spa in free practice from 2000 and it was awesome, the sound, the fighting with the car, you don't know what you got til its gone! Makes me sad for today's "f1".

Yeah watching old footage of when F1 cars sounded real, and were a beast to drive without killing ones self is sad. There's no other way to phrase it really. We might as well have Segway as sponsor along with Prius. In previous eras you were a f**king legend just to be able to take Eau Rouge flat out, now even the newbies can do it. That tells you all you need to know about the cars. I remember the drives pulling their neck muscles at Turkey because the track direction went the other way and the G forces where wrecking their necks since they didn't go that way around a track. They looked stronger, no they look like skinny school kids.