Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

Nice Story

Everyone seems to believe it's a given that Alonso's skill level and motivation remains, year-on-year as it was in the Domenicali era. I would have to disagree. Many of us do believe that Jenson is continuing to improve with age and as Nando's only yardstick, despite the appalling non-event that 2015 was for both drivers, Button at least kept Alonso honest and indeed edged him in the points. That probably says a great deal more about JB's dedication than it does about Alonso. He really doesn't want to be there but it's his mouth that got him there and will probably see him gone for good barring a complete miracle for Honda and McLaren in the opening races of 2016.

I believe the points prove nothing this season as reliability was so poor, more so for fernando.

I believe the points prove nothing this season as reliability was so poor, more so for fernando.

The points are only important to the drivers and you are right, it means nothing overall but there is nothing between these two guys. Nando needs to be No.1 to dominate and that won't happen at McHonda. They may find 5-7/10ths at Woking next year and get among the points but only if Honda can get the lump recharging properly. It has grunt but loses power on long straights when it's recovering. Unfortunately, that is never going to be fixed 100% without a ground up redesign but we shall see. They could dominate from 2017 with a new engine rule. I think the V6 will stay but with more power, big boots and less aero. Either way, I don't think Nando will get past race 3 next year unless there is massive improvement from Woking.

I don't think there is anything between them either but I do think fernando had more issues than Jenson did. Jenson is like the quiet achiever, his actions almost always go unnoticed. Mclaren reckons they have rectified the issue/s already but we have to wait and see, there not going to come out and say there still struggling are they?

I don't think there is anything between them either but I do think fernando had more issues than Jenson did. Jenson is like the quiet achiever, his actions almost always go unnoticed. Mclaren reckons they have rectified the issue/s already but we have to wait and see, there not going to come out and say there still struggling are they?

Could be. It's a fix up rather than a makeover. I believe that if they can top the recharging scenario, then the aero guys can optimise the package. I think getting into a fight every race with the two Bulls team and Force India will be the most we can hope for. Fifth is realistic target I feel.

McLaren & Honda have been talking up their game all season but every update brought almost no improvement, I'm desperate to see Jenson back at the front but I wouldn't put my money on it, as McLaren have been getting it wrong ever since 2012; even then, their reliability wasn't great. Still, anything's got to be better than 2015

Really Webric? Alonso need for nr1 status and politics within the teams he races for to gain advantage. After losing out in a political game with Ferrari's then team principal Mattiaci, no wonder he lost on equal footing againts a very competent f1 champ.

And the Ferrari 2012 F1was never as bad as he would like you to believe.

who doesn't want number one status? All the greats do, the mattiachi story is bs as another story came out where montezemelo said its bs and that alonso was very much part of the Ferrari family and very well liked within the team. So it's up to what you want to believe, but all I know is Ferrari offered a deal to 2019 and HE said no.

who doesn't want number one status? All the greats do, the mattiachi story is bs as another story came out where montezemelo said its bs and that alonso was very much part of the Ferrari family and very well liked within the team. So it's up to what you want to believe, but all I know is Ferrari offered a deal to 2019 and HE said no.

Are you aware that Massa said the same thing about his political influence within the team. No wonder Kimi and Vettel is harping on the excellent team atmosphere that now exist. I agreed Alonso was offered a deal, unfortunately the bloke insisted on clauses, even to the extent of him approving his teammate

What clauses are these? Because Ron Dennis has said that alonso has no clauses in his current Mclaren contract, so why would he leave a team he has supposedly had different clauses in the contract to sign for a less competitive team with no clauses in the contract? Doesn't make sense to me, his only clause at Ferrari was if the team didn't provide alonso a car to win a championship or was more than a hundred points behind the championship leader, he could forfeit his contract and leave. He could've used this clause 3 out of the five years he did with the team but yet he didn't, it wasn't to the end when any normal person would be frustrated as well, what's wrong with that? Ferrari signed on that, that's not alonsos fault, now for a team like Ferrari to sign a driver and sign a contract like that, means to me that they had compete faith that he would extract everything from the car, everytime out and he must have done so if they wanted to extend his deal don't you think? And with massa, how can you say Ferrari didn't have a soft spot for him? He was way of form for a longtime as performances didn't show what Ferrari usually accept. He stayed at Ferrari longer than he deserved to IMO and it was only there love for him they kept him on for so long. It's what you want to believe but I think they way I explained it is more along the lines of common sense IMO.