Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jem of the Shire

Prediction For Next Year's Wcc

Mercedes

Ferrari

Williams

McLaren

Red Bull

Toro Rosso

Renault

Force India

Sauber

Haas

Manor

No point predicting WDC as it's just going to be a repeat of the last 2 years!

And that there is the problem with F1. It's so utterly being dominated under a system whereby the also-rans are prevented from developing to catch up.

If things were open in terms of engine development, and testing and the teams could work hard to catch up, and Merc was still winning, I think they'd have alot more supporters. But right now, it's like a prisoner being shackled and beaten by the guards, and then told to stop fighting back whilst he takes his beating. Essentially, what more can the other teams do? Honestly, what can they do? Because they can't just put their heads down and work harder as Toto and Lauda arrogantly mentioned earlier in the year. The smug pricks, I hope Merc implode in all possible ways this year.

When RBR wwere winning, they banned all sorts of legal methods, inventions and designs. They were never illegal, rather were deemed to not be allowed after the fact. But how has Merc been affected? Other than tyre pressures, I don't recall them being affected in anyway. That doesn't mean they are cheating or clean, it just means the political climate hasn't gone into full swing to bring them down a notch. That old saying is always true in this "sport". If you can't copy it, lobby lobby lobby to get it declared illegal. I don't want Merc to be deemed anything. Rather all I want is the rules to be opened, relaxed, and then, let the teams go for it. Let the Neweys dream and create.

Yep I agree monkey, how about the countless regulation changes concerning the Flexi front wing? Yet redbull passed every time until they outlawed it all together. Passed every weight test or what ever they do. Yet Mercedes have had nothing to cut back, redbulls dominate rear diffuser system ended up banning that aero part to an extent also. It's the lack of inconsistency and different interpretations of rules that cause this to begin with.

They need serve clarification on all rules, not the approach "it's open to interpretation". So as you cause any chance of doubt, you have an issue immediately.

(1) Mercedes: the best team in F1 under these regulations

--gap--

(2) Ferrari: Red Bull will have a better chassis, but the Ferrari power unit (and Vettel) are good enough to compensate

--gap--

(3) Red Bull: Ricciardo will have a better season, which will be enough to take third

(4) Williams: Yeah

--gap--

(5) Force India: Sure

--major gap--

(6) Toro Rosso: A good chassis, a weak engine, and one of the worst drivers on the grid in Sainz will hold them back—could STR 2015 be any closer to Williams 2012? An incredible chassis for each, and Sainz every bit the equal of Bruno Senna in under-delivering with it.

--gap--

(7) McLaren: I guess they have to get better. I doubt it will be by much.

(8) Renault: Because Palmer won't score a single point, and biased officiating will rob Maldonado of a few.

--gap--

(9) Sauber: 0 points; it's their thing to follow okay years with terrible ones

(10) Manor: 0 points; a Mercedes power unit can't make up for having 1/100th the budget of everyone else (and likely two drivers who aren't even GP2 champions, despite spending 106 years in the category)

(11) Haas: lol

Mercedes

Ferrari

Williams

McLaren

Red Bull

Toro Rosso

Renault

Force India

Sauber

Haas

Manor

No point predicting WDC as it's just going to be a repeat of the last 2 years!

Not sure about this. Could be nip and tuck between Merc and Ferrari. Viewer figures are heading the same way as US college football, the BBC saw that and got out. A good season for Honda and a solid start for Team Renault will do a lot of good in that respect as will a gremlin-free debut for Haas.

<p>

<br />

(1) Mercedes: the best team in F1 under these regulations<br />

--gap--<br />

(2) Ferrari: Red Bull will have a better chassis, but the Ferrari power unit (and Vettel) are good enough to compensate<br />

--gap--<br />

(3) Red Bull: Ricciardo will have a better season, which will be enough to take third<br />

(4) Williams: Yeah<br />

--gap--<br />

(5) Force India: Sure<br />

--major gap--<br />

(6) Toro Rosso: A good chassis, a weak engine, and one of the worst drivers on the grid in Sainz will hold them back—could STR 2015 be any closer to Williams 2012?  An incredible chassis for each, and Sainz every bit the equal of Bruno Senna in under-delivering with it.<br />

--gap--<br />

(7) McLaren: I guess they have to get better.  I doubt it will be by much.<br />

(8) Renault: Because Palmer won't score a single point, and biased officiating will rob Maldonado of a few.<br />

--gap--<br />

(9) Sauber: 0 points; it's their thing to follow okay years with terrible ones<br />

(10) Manor: 0 points; a Mercedes power unit can't make up for having 1/100th the budget of everyone else (and likely two drivers who aren't even GP2 champions, despite spending 106 years in the category)<br />

(11) Haas: lol<br />

<br />

<br />

</p>

Going to disagree on a couple of things here,

6. Sainz is far from one of the "worst drivers on the grid", I'd also argue that in defense of Bruno, he was by some margin the more consistent points scorer of the Williams pair in 2012, though 1 lap pace was sadly found wanting on a Saturday.

10. Manor will be rather more competitive than a lot of people think they will be, if they retain Rossi and accept some sort of engine discount for Wehrlein plus a small stipend, that pairing could well spring a few surprises.

11. People are writing off Haas it seems on the basis of their Dallara chassis, as the last Dallara on the grid, the HRT F110/111/112 series (after all the 111/112 were mildly updated 110 chassis), was slower than a diesel Minardi in the hands of Mazzacane.

However points to consider would be that the F110 was severely underdeveloped as Campos/HRT never spent any money on it as they never had any, whereas Gene Haas has been throwing buckets of money into his car, theyve had plenty of lead in time as well with the obvious bonus of knowing their powertrain package, it wont be WCC material of course, but it'll be at least on par with the Toro Rosso.

I agree with Sainz, he is very underrated IMO and that's all down to the "advertisement" of verstappen, has left Sainz somewhat in the dark. No matter how well he did, he always went up against against "yeah but verstappen is 17" and that one comment automatically put him behind verstappen in the public eye IMO, but on circuit it was quite opposite, both very evenly matched all year and a case of "points don't tell the whole story" situation here. As for haas, he needs to win from the word go if he wants to back up those resoculous statements made last year saying there as quick as Ferrari now or faster than Mercedes now, these comments sound all to familiar of the BAR days. People who watched the sport back then would remember BAR promising the world title and several wins before the car even hit track. We all know what happened there, world title and several wins? Couldn't even score 1 bloody point, I don't listen to anything any new teams says after that crap I witnessed. Prove it on circuit is what I say now.

We're going on about Red Bull, but those changes had to happen cos everyone was sick n tired of that nob Vettel taking title after title n waving his finger, if that we're me I would have stuck his finger where the sun don't shine, n make sure I super glue it for good measure, lol

in my opinion I think red bull will struggle a lot this year with this new tag engine that was only announced 1 week before Xmas, they have a lot of work to do,

1,Mercedes

2,Ferrari

3,Williams

4,Force India

5,Mclaren Honda

6,Red Bull TAG

7,Toro Rosso

8,Renault ( they will loose a lot of points due to incompetent driver in Pastor Maldonado n a pretty sluggish 2nd driver in Mr Palmer)

9,Sauber ( again I think Erriccson is holding this team back from scoring bigger points)

10,Haas ( Guitterrez will hold them back too, in 2 years in formula one before he only has had 1 points scoring result, y a 2nd chance?)

11,Manor,(let's hope they get there stuff together not that John Booth n Graeme Lowndon have left the team)

My top 7 teams all have good drivers n pretty good personal in their teams, but yeah, Renault need to do something if they want to get up n win the world title again, btw I think Palmer is a very good driver, but I think Pastor will be slightly quicker than him over a lap, but Palmer will bring the car home,

HAAS, yeah what's the story about Ferrari evulating Esteban Guitterrez for a 2017 Ferrari seat, they cannot be serious, I didn't see anything in the 2 years he was at Sauber to make me think he deserves a top ride in formula one, I think that there are far more fine drivers in the world that deserved that 2nd Haas seat alongside Grosjean let alone be a ideal replacement for Kimi Raikkonen

I don't think redbull will be as bad as this year. They have already said that the team have made huge strides working with illmor. Mclaren I expect to improve a lot also, I think the gap to Mercedes will be close massively by Ferrari and IMO we are looking at a pretty decent season with Mercedes,Ferrari,redbull and Mclaren being right up there. Out of all this drama with redbull and Renault I don't think redbull have ended up to bad here, think about it. No way on earth would Ferrari or Mercedes give redbull same spec engines, just they wouldn't, so next best option is to keep what you have but re badge it as something else, do you know why? Because rebadging technically makes this a "new" manufacturer and there for getting all the extra allocated engine tokens and I beleive for a new team/manufacturer, it's a lot more. So looking at it from this angle, redbull will have the same

Engine but with help from illmor and extra development tokens, there's no way they could do any worse than this year, in fact like I already said, I expect significant gains.

Another typical GPtoday article where the headline is entirely misleading. At no point does Hakkinen tip Rosberg to win the title!

Lol I read that earlier today, all hakkinen is talking about basically is maintaining momentum.

Not if Kimi performs, then Constructors will be Ferrari. Agree with driver championthbup.gif

Exactly my prediction. Kimi will be below Massa on the driver's championship then will retire...

I think Kimi will be the same, just Vettel will get even quicker which will make kimi look slower again. I don't think kimi had a bad year in 2015, I think Vettel was just that much quicker. Kimi drastically improved from 2014 but qualifying in 2015 was his Achilles heel. Nothing will change in terms of teammates at Ferrari in 2016, Vettel will just be even faster.

Vettel will kick Primadonna-Lewis's butt !

Then Lewis will go around showing his sorry-a## long face blaming people around like a complete p@nk !

I still can't believe Lewis's comments on saying it's hard to gauge how good he is. Maybe before, but not now and that's another issue that riles me up. People go "Vettel joins a new team and wins right away", didn't Ricciardo do the same? Didn't Ricciardo join a team built around a 4x champion and still beat him? People can't surely say Ferrari was built around kimi in 2015, but never the less Vettel did the same thing, joining a team in complete unkown as to how there run and won some races compared to the driver who had been there for a while and been there before, knows the ins and outs but yet still fails to beat the new guy, at least Vettel knows how Ricciardo felt in 2014 now. This is where ricciardos achievement is even greater, we knew Vettel would beat kimi, but we didn't expect Ricciardo to beat Vettel. Did Vettel fail due to being the first season he had to develop everything on his own? Was Mark Webber actually quite good when it came to preparation? Seems to me it's quite odd that a driver of his calibre got beaten the way he did. What else is funny is that people then say Kvyat did the same to Ricciardo and THAT makes me laugh as anyone who had any clue what they were talking about would know that certainly wasn't the case.

Its a culmination of factors that enabled both the drivers to beat their new teammates. Whether it's PU failure, personal reasons, circumstancers that conspire againts you or just plain bad luck...they got beaten... What we apply to one we have to do to the other

Or...

Kvyat who beat Dan who beat a 4x champ must then be a demi-god