Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

The Side Of Schumi People Forget.

This clip is what I've been talking about. Drivers admitting they simply weren't fast enough and were adamant in defeat. Something Lewis needs to learn. This is Schumacher talking about that incredible overtake by mika hakkinen at spa 2000 when he past lapped car Ricardo Zonta and, Michael Schumacher down the inside.

Nah, he was as hard and as courteous as possible at the time IMO, what a lot of people forget is he was brought up on the era of f1 when drivers made contact and were alot more aggressive. Not to mention dealing with drivers such as Ayrton Senna,Nigel Mansell,Alain Prost and the list goes on while fighting in a championship when on average 4 different teams were capable of winning gps, not like 1 or 2 today, I never saw his driving ever as "dirty" just drivers never came up against a driver who will do anything to win and mostly does so. You look at all the championships from 94 all the way up to 2006, weather schumi won the title or not, he was the guy you had to beat if you wanted one and IMO that's incerdible to be that competitive for that length of time but that my opinion anyway.

True but I disagree that he never played dirty. Parking your car at Monaco to block the road is pretty dirty, as was ramming into Villeneuve!

The only thing he did that I question was Jerez, but at the end of the day, what was he supposed to do? He knew Villeneuve was faster so he had to do what ever he could to stop Villeneuve getting past, if schumi never went of, it wouldn't have been blown out of proportion like it was. 94 I've always have and always will say it was Hill who was at fault, Monaco 2006 is abit of an unknown to me, did he park of purpose or did something fail? We have seen numerous drivers spin or have issues and stop cars in the most stupid places and you go "dude are you serious" maybe it was a case of that. I am not trying to stand up for schumi but I've always thought the sport and people overhyped his attitude and approach to racing massively.

Schumacher - 7 titles

Lewis - 3 titles

Let's wait until Lewis gets 4 more titles, then we can compare him with Michael. Not to mention that Michael was the one who put the strong foundation on Merc that Lewis is luckily harvesting now - 'nuff said...

Yep exactly, he rebuilt Ferrari and he rebuilt Mercedes as well.

People always say "he had the best car and team" but he sourced particular people who excelled in there field to help benefit him. So if he had the best team and car, it's because he built it that way. If someone has enough credibility to lure people away to work with him, that speaks volumes itself.

People always say "he had the best car and team" but he sourced particular people who excelled in there field to help benefit him. So if he had the best team and car, it's because he built it that way. If someone has enough credibility to lure people away to work with him, that speaks volumes itself.

Agree. A team can only work as an effective one when the members and bosses respects each other. That was the case in Ferrari for years because everyone supports Michael to win.

What amazed me was just his pure pace and IMO that was at its highest from about 95-2000,it was sensational. He drove well into the 2000s as well but he was fastest from 95-2000 IMO, just his cars were just not fast enough. But you watch the onboard footage from anytime from about 95-2000 and you'll see what I mean, the car control was sensational.

I don't think we can really say Schu rebuilt Mercedes, he crashed a lot of them though! When Schu joined, that team were the reigning champions so didn't exactly require rebuilding. At Ferrari you also need to give as much credit to Todt, Brawn and Rory Byrne. So really I think Brawn deserves most of the praise for both situations :-)

But for sure he was head and shoulders above everyone from 94 - 2004

Mercedes have come out and said that the success they are having now is due to the "foundation" Schumacher left for Mercedes to build on. As for Ferrari, he lured brawn and Byrne over from Benetton to join him so you could say he was the "captain of the ship" calling all the shots. Has Ferrari let any other driver of late bring who he pleases to the team? I don't think so.

Have a look at this, this lap is perfect, incredible car control. Just watch where he places the car on the curbs.

Austria 1997

Just some of the things I have heard of him doing just losses most of the respect he gets with me.

Just some of the things I have heard of him doing just losses most of the respect he gets with me.

What you mean? If you were watching f1 in the 80/90s, he was doing nothing different than front running drivers like Prost,senna and Mansell were doing. Like I mentioned earlier, these are the guys schumi "cut his teeth" with so to speak so of course he is going to be "over aggressive" when fighting for positions. IMO, he was the last "authentic" racer we have had but that's my opinion. When Prost and senna came together and then admitting they did it on purpose, wouldn't you think that's worse than just forcing someone of the circuit? But that was the norm back the And quite frankly I miss it something shocking, nothing like added driver rivalries or dramas while deciding a championship compared to the robots of today.

Admitting it is the truth, Lying about it is worse

Everyone lies in F1. It's part of the whole sport, entertainment and circus. Get over it.

Everyone lies in F1. It's part of the whole sport, entertainment and circus. Get over it.

That's it, what about the list of excuses or lies Vettel had when he disobeyed "multi 21"