Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

Renault Going Back To 2010?

I just love Black and gold painted cars. Here is my 1/5th R/C Touring car I just completed.

post-180-0-09573600-1453162699_thumb.jpg

The concept is miles ahead of the 2010 design.

12507185_902863526487631_6678593873644410483_n.jpg

Still not sure Maldonado will be in the team however. Renault don't need his millions. I still think Alonso will end up back there too.

Well apparently Renault have tried to or are making an offer to alonso. Don't know how true it is, just read it on a few f1 sites, maybe for just a junk story, can't confirm they reliability of the story though. Alonso might have abit more pull now at mclaren but that's it, he now knows he has a "scapegoat" if sh17 hits the fan at mclaren where as before he probably didn't. He knows he could always go back if no one else wants him.

thanks mate, just hope it stays that way, probably not :-(

lovely livery, hope they "keep" it

Yeah so do I, we need more brighter coloured cars don't we?

thanks mate, just hope it stays that way, probably not :-(

Did you spray the paint on the inside of the shell? If not, then your going to loose it lol.

yeah always on the inside but when racing at 100 kph things do happen lol and bloody quick also, but the bodies are tough, this one is 2 mm thick BMW ALMS, but for serious racing we uise 1 mm thick they don't take too mush battering loljump.gif

I just love Black and gold painted cars. Here is my 1/5th R/C Touring car I just completed.

post-180-0-09573600-1453162699_thumb.jpg

Ah that brings me back to my fun childhood of building an racing Tamiya RC cars. Picking blueberries in the summer to save up enough for a faster engine and higher capacity battery. Amazing what $2 an hour feels like when after two weeks you have a nice new upgrade to play with. And then driving it on our street and dodging the cars. Rolling and crashing it, and repairing. Lots of glue and braces but ultimately things break again haha. Good times. I'll always love RC cars. Never did get into again with the petrol ones however.

way to go for old frustrated might have been race car drivers LOL. Have just finished a 1/5th scale Mini 4wd on road car with a 26 cc pertol engine. Goes very well and totally different to drive the the other 1/5th car that has a 23 cc very hot petrol engine, cost just on $1000 for the engine only, putting out about 7 hp with all up weight of 10 kg.This little bugger cost almost $2000 new, don't tell the missus LOL. As you can see I also like the OLD British racing green and yellow......

post-180-0-35035800-1453183590_thumb.jpg

Man that looks awesome as well. About ten years ago I used to live next door to 5x Australian RC champion and his cars were incredible. Got it all given to him as he was sponsored and all but he most expensive car he had back then was about $5500 he said and that was like 10 or more years ago now.

looks horrible and old fashioned

Well it is a model of the BMW mini !!!!

Kind of hoping they go blue with yellow accents like the de facto Renault Formula E team runs:

http://www.electricautosport.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/RENAULT-EDAMS_Team-picture-v2.jpg

Why? Because one of the few things still exciting about F1 is seeing people get so, so mad when a team decides not to run a "classic" livery.

(And the non-tobacco R25 and R26 are the true classics of Renault lore, anyway. I actually liked the R27's ING outfit, too, in a weird way).

I liked the "ING" livery also, it was different to see those two colours (Orange and White mainly) used together and that's why it stood out as it was a different aspect of colours than what others used and what we're used to seeing.