Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

Mclaren Have They Really Found It?

Man I remember when Kimi came back in 2012, man it was like a breathe of fresh air and competitive from the word go. IMO, if lotus paid his bloody contract his best bet was to stay there than go to Ferrari. Least we would have had another car capable of winning races.

Kimi got out of Lotus at the right time, even if they hadn't screwed him over with the performance bonuses and pay. And Alan Permaine, F him. I hope he gets eaten by an crocodile and then feasted upon by crabs. Lotus have been utter rubbish since Kimi left. Not because of Kimi, even though I'd like to say it, but because the car just went backwards. Possible knock on effect of Allison leaving. Also because the other teams kept moving forward and Lotus did not, thus it looks like they went backwards.

At any rate, Kimi deserved better and I was glad he left that pathetic team. I really honestly hope Renault have cleared out all the d|ckheads and other dead weight from that team, but I suspect Permaine will still be there. They need a total overhaul of personnel and drivers from top to bottom.

Yeah your right but him leaving and joining a winning team makes it one less winning car on the grid.

Well Maldonado would not have won in that Lotus. GRO came kind of close but not that close to winning. So even if they had a better car, they would have still needed Kimi or another top end driver to get the wins.

Dani Pedrosa. wub.pngwub.pngwub.png

Pedrosa is like the mark webber of Moto GP, so close yet so far, a halfway there man.

It's not just this season mate, it's every season and in Moto GP injuries happen to everyone, just depends how any times you fall of is to weather how many you'll get.

I think this will be another dev season for McHonda and Nando will be on his way, probably after two or three races. It is clear now that the nub of the whole problem is Honda's hiring culture. Dennis wanted them to buy in the expertise needed to speed up the project and they have refused. Your not going to get anywhere fast in F1 if you car develops at the same pace as your engineering team, especially as they had little or no knowledge of the current formula nuances. Where is their ERS dev team? Still reading the manual it seems and Ron should have seen that coming a mile off. He has damaged his brand beyond recall, I feel and it will be 2017 before we see a competitive car if Honda haven't be dropped by then. He should be talking to Fiat-Chrysler about the Alfa engine STR wouldn't pay to tool up for for this year. On the other hand, the board could turn on him way before that.

They are not hiring because they feel they have the expertise in house. They did a decent job laSt year throughout the season reducing the deficit from 4 secs to 2 seconds. If they could sort out the deployment issues I am sure we will see a good overall package from mclaren Honda.

I see everyone's point but improving by two secs in one season, while laudable only means they have to make 3/4 secs out of the box this year just to be in the midfield. It's a big ask however talented the in-house staff are. When everyone stops squabbling about the 2017 regs, there are other ways to catch up IF the prima donnas like Merc and Ferrari realise you need 20 cars to make F1 a viable project in the future. If tyres were made to handle more load designers can do what they please within the total car width, inclusive of the wider tyre. Make sure it's safe and up to regs and bingo! Also, friends at Renault tell me they want to get out of the engine supply business because they fear the FIA might impose heavy penalties on manufactures for every new engine a customer may use. That should put the cat amongst the pigeons.

Alonso will be going back to Renault anyway. And Ghosn has finally admitted it's on their agenda. He's not going to last another year in a McLaren if it's as bad as last year. And McLaren probably won't mind at the end of the day as it will free up alot of money and allow Stoffel to come into F1.